Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Are birthday elite night credits still a thing?

Did not get an email this year (post August 18).
Then again, two stays around Aug 18 have not posted.......
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’ve never had one in either scheme.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by annehamnitz
Are birthday elite night credits still a thing?

Did not get an email this year (post August 18).
Then again, two stays around Aug 18 have not posted.......
I received email from Marriott on my birthday in July: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HORACE! Here's to you, and a new year of rewarding moments! Celebrate your special day with an Elite night credit – it's on us."

I clicked on "Claim Your Gift" and claimed my gift.

It's now September. The elite night still has not posted.

Clicking "Claim Your Gift" again produces this: "Our records show that you've already received an Elite night credit for your birthday this year. Please keep in mind it may take up to 48 hours to credit your account with an Elite night credit."

I've emailed to Marriott twice. Both of my inquiries were ignored (except for the initial auto-response).

Marriott needs to get its act together.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Got the email too, but no night
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I didn't get one this year (Aug 27) so may either be lost in the merger, or done away with. I'll wait until things calm down and ask about that the same time I ask about my 11 SPG nights that didn't move over.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:55 pm

I got the email as well and clicked on the link. The night never posted. I emailed Marriott and about a month later somebody from SPG responded with a generic message that didn't address the issue at all
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:16 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Same. I got the email in June 2018 but i clicked it in Aug 2018, post merger. I didn't get the credit yet. (unless there is an expiry date)
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I’ve never had one in either scheme.
Me neither, and it's unclear why. They have my birthdate and I'm opted into emails. Supposedly all members are eligible.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Horace
I received email from Marriott on my birthday in July: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HORACE! Here's to you, and a new year of rewarding moments! Celebrate your special day with an Elite night credit – it's on us."

I clicked on "Claim Your Gift" and claimed my gift.

It's now September. The elite night still has not posted.

Clicking "Claim Your Gift" again produces this: "Our records show that you've already received an Elite night credit for your birthday this year. Please keep in mind it may take up to 48 hours to credit your account with an Elite night credit."

I've emailed to Marriott twice. Both of my inquiries were ignored (except for the initial auto-response).

Marriott needs to get its act together.
Same exact situation and website messages for me. The incompetence of their IT infrastructure is astounding this past year.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:59 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
I am in the same boat. I received an email before August 18 and I claimed my gift.
But the night has not posted.

But, if so many people are affected, maybe they are aware of the problem and are working on it?
Wishful thinking?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:50 am

Another dp of birthday night click on 8/14 pre-merger. Still haven't seen the night credit but I haven't taken any action to remedy the situation. I figured it's just merger hiccups so I was letting things settle more before asking about it.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:41 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nall
Me neither, and it's unclear why. They have my birthdate and I'm opted into emails. Supposedly all members are eligible.
Same here - they have my birthdate info and I opted into emails, but never got a birthday credit even pre-merger. Never knew why. (I'll need to wait until 2019 to see if I get one post-merger!)
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by asot550
I figured it's just merger hiccups so I was letting things settle more before asking about it.
I received the email back in July — around four weeks before the programs were combined. I accepted the invitation the same day. The elite night never posted.

The strange thing is that the birthday elite night has worked in past years, so it's not as if this is a new benefit that requires new functionality in the system.

I would not have been upset if Marriott had simply chosen to stop this benefit — just as rollover nights are a thing of the past. But if Marriott sends the invitation, then it should work.

If Marriott wants to make a bad impression, this is a way to do it.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Horace
The strange thing is that the birthday elite night has worked in past years, so it's not as if this is a new benefit that requires new functionality in the system.
I'm not positive this is a new issue. I've received the "birthday" credit email a couple of times over the years, but as far as I can tell I have never actually received the extra "night" credit.

I have never followed up though as being LTP for quite a while, I really didn't care if they gave it to me or not.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
For what it is worth,

https://twitter.com/Marriott
The birthday elite nights are not gone, the timing of our merger may have caused a slight delay in the processing of these nights to the accounts.
xar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.