How to Maintain Marriott Status?

Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Status earned the hard way during 2018 is good through all of 2019 and January 2020.
Indeed, but I only have 70 nights so far in 2018, so have not qualified as Plat Premier Ambassador yet.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Status earned the hard way during 2018 is good through all of 2019 and January 2020.
I think this is true in general. If you earn the status mid of the year, you keep the status the remainder of the year and next full year.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:52 pm

Has anyone here both booked and held a meeting under REWARDING EVENTS, and received a 10 night credit. I have read a bunch of debate on how the new program will work but nobody has reported based on the above criteria... at least that I have seen.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Personal European traveller here. I see some difficulties in maintaining 50 nights a year compared with the old spg program where I could invite my friends to stay at the same hotel as I do and get credit up to three rooms a night. Same with stay credit.
The 5 night earning award for p50 is also for the same current year so it's not possible to have those 5 nights for the next earning period. Big bummer.

The way I see it is this way:
*Reserve a meeting gives me 10 night once every earning period. Down to 40 nights.
*Hope for a double night promotion but it can be difficult to score a personal 2-3 week holiday due to work etc. Promotions like that usually pop up whenever Marriott wants, usually off season.
*40 nights spread out through the year. Lager travels spring summer, new years eve. Could add up 40 nights but will be tough.

For Americans it's much easier with the 15 night from the cc. Europeans are left out as always. Sadly.
GalaxyChris likes this.

Last edited by joakgarp; Sep 9, 2018 at 5:35 am
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:18 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Personal European traveller here. I see some difficulties in maintaining 50 nights a year compared with the old spg program where I could invite my friends to stay at the same hotel as I do and get credit up to three rooms a night. Same with stay credit.
The 5 night earning award for p50 is also for the same current year so it's not possible to have those 5 nights for the next earning period. Big bummer.

The way I see it this is the way:
*Reserver a meeting gives me 10 night once every earning period. Down to 40 nights.
*Hope for a double night promotion but it can be difficult to score a personal 2-3 week holiday during those due to work etc. Promotions like that usually pop up whenever Marriott wants, usually off season.
*40 nights spread out through the year. Lager travels spring summer, new years eve. Could add up 40 nights but will be tough.

For Americans it's much easier with the 15 night from the cc. Europeans are left out as always. Sadly.
Like wise no +15 days credit cards for us here in Asia too although we do have under 100 a night options for MRs
joakgarp likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by joakgarp

The way I see it is this way:
*Reserve a meeting gives me 10 night once every earning period. Down to 40 nights.
*Hope for a double night promotion but it can be difficult to score a personal 2-3 week holiday due to work etc. Promotions like that usually pop up whenever Marriott wants, usually off season.

For those based in the UK, a new Marriott CC should roll out eventually... but I don't know when (it was originally said to be happening in August).
Assuming the benefits are similar to the old one that disappeared a while back, holders of this CC should get 10 elite night credits.

So with a meeting and the CC that would leave just 30 nights for Plat.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by RedSun
Why is it 7 nights total? I already counted 17 nights and there may be possible more. Just to be conservative for a total of 20 nights. The room upgrade + club lounge are worth about $350 total. That is a total of $7,000 or so. Worth it?
In the original post, you said you can come up with 10 nights of organic stays.

​​​​​​
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:00 pm

Rewarding Events 10 elite night credit

I am fairly new here. i just got my first proposal for a meeting. I requested the meeting space on the Marriott website, as a meeting RFP. I got an email response with two pics of the meeting space, a date and a price. I have not received a contract to sign, yet. Can anyone advise how I should proceed, to be sure I get the 10 elite night credit?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.