Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Am I supposed to receive a free night certificate? (August renewal SPG credit card)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
SPG AMEX Ts and Cs:

The Free Night Award will be automatically deposited into your loyalty member account within 8-12 weeks after your Card Account anniversary date in the form of an e-certificate. You will receive an email from SPG to the email address listed on your loyalty member account confirming that the Free Night Award e-certificate has been deposited into your loyalty member account. The email will also provide instructions on how to redeem your Free Night Award e-certificate. To redeem the Free Night Award e-certificate, you must log into your loyalty member account and apply the e-certificate during booking. The Free Night Award e-certificate will expire after 1 year from issuance. E-certificates may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, or re-credited for points.
Print Wikipost

Am I supposed to receive a free night certificate? (August renewal SPG credit card)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

My old SPG personal card posted the annual fee on 8/24/2018, am I supposed to receive a free night certificate too? or I have to wait til next anniversary in 2019 to get it? Thanks,
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:48 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Yes you are supposed to, as long as the annual fee posted on 8/1 or later. Have your points for the August statement posted yet? I assume the points and the annual night would post together, but I would be curious if anyone has seen their free night post yet?

My statement closed, with an annual fee posted, on 8/17, and I haven't seen either the points or the free night post to my account. However I was one of those who was forced by Marriott to change my SPG account number, and it sounds like I may need to chase that up as apparently Marriott isn't doing as much as you might think (or perhaps anything at all) to link the old account number to the new one.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
My annual fee posted on 8/13. No sign of the free night yet. I assume it will eventually get added.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:09 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by SP03
My annual fee posted on 8/13. No sign of the free night yet. I assume it will eventually get added.
Have your points from the 8/13 statement posted to your SPG account?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Have your points from the 8/13 statement posted to your SPG account?
Yes Just posted this weekend. No signs of the free night yet
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:10 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

My August statement points were also late but did now show up, with no free night cert. So, I guess we wait. Amex was quite clear that anyone renewing after 8/1 should be eligible for the free night though.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:15 pm

My SPG annual fee posted on August 3rd. Still no sign of free night certificate.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Question transferred to Starwood forum where there is more discussion of the transitional nuances.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
Let's just first read the terms of conditions shall we, before we get too impatient...

The Free Night Award will be automatically deposited into your loyalty member account within 8–12 weeks after your Card Account anniversary date in the form of an e-certificate. You will receive an email from SPG to the email address listed on your loyalty member account confirming that the Free Night Award e-certificate has been deposited into your loyalty member account. The email will also provide instructions on how to redeem your Free Night Award e-certificate.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few days ago a friend told me her SPG Business card has had the FN posted. I was surprised about that as the T&Cs sounds it would take much longer tiime than that.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:20 pm

I am in the same boat, just got my statement with my yearly fee charge on Aug 17. Was thinking I might cancel, but decided to pay the $95 for the "night". I will be unamused if the night/points do not post
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
As posted in the other thread, I'd wait the 8-12 weeks first. (Sadly, I really could've used it twice in September!)

Apparently, you'd find it at the end of your Activity page.

Last edited by paytonc; Sep 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
A few days ago a friend told me her SPG Business card has had the FN posted. I was surprised about that as the T&Cs sounds it would take much longer tiime than that.
When did her annual fee post? I still haven't receive mine.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:48 am

Still haven't received mine either. My annual fee posted on 8/13
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Anyone know where it posts? Where do we look?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.