Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott Platinum,Avis First
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
My stays and points are posting but no details of what! I have a big stay posted am expecting some Amex points and also a Marriott service recovery and cannt see which have posted and which havent! Added to the fact most of my points came from SPG its near impossible to figure out my actual points balance and what is still due! It isnt helped by the fact the Amex points were delayed due to the merger and thus some of those I assume hit my account and were tripled!

Overall I must say to move to a combined system where points and nights post but no activity must be classed as a huge screw up, its about as basic a function as there is! Its getting beyond a joke!
This is exactly what I am seeing - My number of Elite Nights, Stayed Nights, $Spent keep going up - as do my points. If I go to my account activity though the last thing that shows is when I combined my accounts. So I am getting points, but can't get to folios for past stays and can't see how many point I am getting on each stay. This is just confusing.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by Bigshaker
When folks on here are reporting a stay posted to their accounts since the Aug 18th date, no one can actually see the details of their account and what exactly posted can they? I certainly can’t.

I’ve had two 500 point amenities post from stays made after Aug 18th (assuming that’s what it was) but no stay spend points and my night total didn’t increase correctly either.
Until I can see the details of my account I really don’t know.

It’s really just mind boggling that a Marriott branded hotel stay using a Marriott legacy number isn’t posting to my Marriott account and letting me see the details in a timely manor. I mean wouldn’t that be one of the first and easiest things they wrote code for? “Let’s make sure our own Marriott stuff works first”?

At least with SPG stays, Marriott has the (now getting pretty Lame) excuse it’s a new number and new process to post to Marriott but even those are taking way to long.
I had a similar experience. Points added to account with no entry saying what they are for, and my nights stayed remain unchanged. Appears to be for a one night stay after Aug 18 but cannot be sure.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
My stays and points are posting but no details of what! I have a big stay posted am expecting some Amex points and also a Marriott service recovery and cannt see which have posted and which havent! Added to the fact most of my points came from SPG its near impossible to figure out my actual points balance and what is still due! It isnt helped by the fact the Amex points were delayed due to the merger and thus some of those I assume hit my account and were tripled!

Overall I must say to move to a combined system where points and nights post but no activity must be classed as a huge screw up, its about as basic a function as there is! Its getting beyond a joke!
Same. Nights and points updating but nothing listed in activity. I even canceled all my old reservations and rebooked under my legacy MR account number (also the one I chose to keep in the merge), thinking that Marriott stays on a legacy MR number should post properly even if SPG stays don't. Nope. It's fail all the way down.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by planecrazy63
This is exactly what I am seeing - My number of Elite Nights, Stayed Nights, $Spent keep going up - as do my points. If I go to my account activity though the last thing that shows is when I combined my accounts. So I am getting points, but can't get to folios for past stays and can't see how many point I am getting on each stay. This is just confusing.
Same for me for 2 stays.

I also have a 3 night stay that posted on 17 Aug to my old SPG account that shows up in the detail of my new SPG account but not in the nights total.

And I’m still missing 5 Amex nights.

Two weeks and this is totally unacceptable.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
2 weeks have passed and the migration is not completed.

I really don't understand the issue here. why can't they just run a recon on newly migrated Marriotted SPG account vs the old system. they can see what not tally and at most they need to repost those items that failed to be migrated in the new Marriotted SPG account.

don't tell me they don't even anticipate this and don't have this as plan B
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You seem to be confused. There is a separate login for SPG, and when you login that way, you get SPG-ed Marriott site, not the Marirott Marriott site. So there are still two variations of the site. And when you look up existing SPG reservations made pre-Aug-18, they appear in the old SPG format, and today I was able to change the check-in time on the old SPG reservation format, which has never even been an option on the Marriott site before.

Meanwhile, it was impossible to log in with the 11-digit number after Aug 18. If you tried to, it told you there was a number, and you had to use that with your old password to log in. So that's why I say it's the old account, simply renamed and supported on the new format (with old format parts), and still working differently than old Marriott accounts.

Accounts don't have digits. Account numbers have digits. So that's why it's your account number, not your account, that used to be 11 and now is 9 digits. It's the same account, in that has the reservations (minus any that for IT reasons aren't showing up), it has the same nights and points totals (except for IT issues like SPG credit card nights not showing yet), etc.

If you were a computer programmer like I am, you'd know that it's possible to change an account number t o a new format while not changing the account. You don't seem to know how accounts actually work inside computers if you think that the account itself has digits.
No I am not confuse. I know they still have 2 different ways to enter. but it does not matter. it is just UI (front end). Essentially the "new" SPG accounts is Marriott account.

It does not matter where you come from, it depends which account you used to login. I can can still comes from the spg site, but if I enter my old MR account (non spg migrated), it will bring up my old MR account.

​​​​​This is why it becomes challenging to login using my email address as both accounts have same email address. For now I need to use account number to login so the system not confuse.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by planecrazy63
We had 5 stays between 17 and 27 Aug. The first three (17-18, 18-20, 24-25) have posted and are reflected on the Activity page of my wife's account with one PAG missing. The points, dollars and nights, minus another PAG, appear to have posted for the other two (25-26, 26-27), but they do not appear on the Activity page. We have not combined her accounts, yet.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Wow.

Just logged in in my account on the website and *out of nowhere*, all of a sudden all my SPG reservation disappeared, my old SPG number disappeared, and it is asking to merge my accounts - something that I did 5 days ago
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lingua101
No I am not confuse. I know they still have 2 different ways to enter. but it does not matter. it is just UI (front end). Essentially the "new" SPG accounts is Marriott account.

It does not matter where you come from, it depends which account you used to login. I can can still comes from the spg site, but if I enter my old MR account (non spg migrated), it will bring up my old MR account.

​​​​​This is why it becomes challenging to login using my email address as both accounts have same email address. For now I need to use account number to login so the system not confuse.
Well, now there's a third way to enter (for your legacy Marriott account):

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/09/01/...ill-available/

Now if only someone would find a way to do something like that for SPG, so that you could your stays to date (if you're trying to qualify for SPG Plat this year on 25 stays rather than 50 nights). You're in the dark with the new Marriott-ized SPG site which only shows nights, not stays, and leaves out SPG credit card nights on top of that when computing nights so far this year), and which on the legacy Marriott side doesn't show lifetime points.

And yes, you can't use your email address for both Marriott and SPG accounts. I also have to log in to SPG with my new 9-digit SPG number, not with my email like I used to do prior to Aug 18. (And on the Aug 18 weekend, I had to once try to log in to SPG with my old 11-digit number in order to get my 9-digit number.)
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andy82
Wow.

Just logged in in my account on the website and *out of nowhere*, all of a sudden all my SPG reservation disappeared, my old SPG number disappeared, and it is asking to merge my accounts - something that I did 5 days ago
You're trying to log in during the middle of the night (USA time) between Saturday and Sunday, which is the most likely time for website in the USA to be down for maintenance (whether they say that's what they're doing or just act really strangely).

Please keep in mind USA time zones when noticing problems with a website, especially on weekends.

Btw, yes, I noticed the same thing, and then realized, wait I'm traveling in Europe right now, I shouldn't be even trying to log in at 3 am or 4 am Sunday USA time.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You're trying to log in during the middle of the night (USA time) between Saturday and Sunday, which is the most likely time for website in the USA to be down for maintenance (whether they say that's what they're doing or just act really strangely).

Please keep in mind USA time zones when noticing problems with a website, especially on weekends.

Btw, yes, I noticed the same thing, and then realized, wait I'm traveling in Europe right now, I shouldn't be even trying to log in at 3 am or 4 am Sunday USA time.
Well, It's 2:06pm in Zurich and - If I'm not wrong - it's 8:06am EST in the USA, 5:06am PST - not exactly the middle of the night and definitely the best time to have ongoing maintenance, but again, Marriott is a global brand and whatever maintenance time they plan the best thing to do is to disable log in and put a warning message like they used to do, not just allow log in and display partial & wrong stuff.
By the way - now I see everywhere little divs on the page displaying "We’re temporarily unable to display the information you requested. Please try again later."
This migration just shows (if we should need more proof at this point) how not-so-competent the IT guys at Marriott are, and/or how bad this whole thing was planned and executed. I wish we could get more information one day on what went wrong, since this would be a perfect case study on Software Engineering on how to NOT do such kind of migration. If this was any form of critical system, well, there would be plenty of papers to write about (SE researcher here) and funny stories to tell bachelor students. Anyway, let's just wait, as we're used to do
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
i still don’t see my stays but now this appeared on the website:

The date of your last qualifying activity*was 09/01/2018

And on the mobile site it now shows the dollar amount.

So it seems things are improving though extremely slowly.

​​​​​​​
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by alfahund
i still don’t see my stays but now this appeared on the website:

The date of your last qualifying activity*was 09/01/2018

And on the mobile site it now shows the dollar amount.

So it seems things are improving though extremely slowly.

​​​​​​​
I just checked my account, hopeing for a similar sign of progress .... but nothing has changed. My latest activity is still posted as Aug. 21, and I had two more stays since then.

I wonder how long it will take to clean up the IT mess that this botched integration has created?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:52 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by transportprof
I just checked my account, hopeing for a similar sign of progress .... but nothing has changed. My latest activity is still posted as Aug. 21, and I had two more stays since then.

I wonder how long it will take to clean up the IT mess that this botched integration has created?
From Marriott's perspective, the IT integration has barely begun -- they still have to convert the back-end platform being used by all of the SPG hotels to Marriott's back-end platform (which will eventually result in the elimination of the little glimpses of the old SPG.com that you see when booking SPG hotels on the new Marriott-front-end sites, and in theory should help clean up some of the issues with having a hard time redeeming points at SPG hotels among other things). That process is potentially even more complicated than what they've gone through so far, which is hardly encouraging to think about.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
You are lucky... i have points and updated nights for one of my stays, but the rest are all missing :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.