How to use SNAs since the merger

Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:07 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Maybe I spoke too soon about the Marriott-ized SNA process being too easy, but I'm having a strange issue where I just made several reservations at different legacy MR and SPG properties and the only properties I can apply SNAs to are the MR properties. Hotels like W Amman and Sheraton Cairo, where I've stayed before and gotten upgrades to many suites, display an apology message about SNAs being unable to be applied to those reservations.

Hmm...

khabah
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
I have a 2 stays upcoming in Milan at SPG properties. The website was not able to work for me so I just called in. They applied them and looked for availability. Within 24 hours, the SNAs were deducted from my account and then I received emails they were going to start working on availability.

The app shows that the SNAs are not valid for my redemptions, however the CSR on the phone said they were applied.

One of my stays was booked Points + Cash Pre-Merger, the other one was booked Points post-merger.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:31 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It doesn't look like SNAs are working on the website yet. I can't apply them to any SPG or Marriott booking. Marriott driving yet more calls into its call centre for no particular reason...
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
One thing to note - the Plat rep was unable to tell me the SqM of the upgradeable room options (which is usually how I pick). She said that info used to be provided on her screen - but since the merger, it has been removed. Just another friendly change brought to you by Marriotts IT dept.
Striving to take away information from consumers rarely leads to satisfied outcomes
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Is Autograph Collection one of the excluded brands? I have no other explanation.
Autograph Collection hotels are not an excluded brand for SNAs. Some Autograph Collection hotels have very few suites (like my hotel of choice in Tampa - I think it has 5). Even with the low number of suites, the SNA option is available on some of my bookings.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by txpenny
Autograph Collection hotels are not an excluded brand for SNAs. Some Autograph Collection hotels have very few suites (like my hotel of choice in Tampa - I think it has 5). Even with the low number of suites, the SNA option is available on some of my bookings.
I was able to apply SNA's to two existing Autograph Collection hotels just after we got them.
bhrubin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.