Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 Marriott/SPG/RC properties in Shanghai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Marriott/SPG/RC properties in Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
St Regis in Shanghai, its 'just' ok with good staff; BUT, poor location, small bathrooms, the SPG Gold card is snubed by the Exec lounge, & watch out for hidden charges on your bill. I was only there 6 days in september, should of moved out after the 2 day weekend to a better Bund hotel. They just are riding the wave of the good St regis name at this location.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 8:05 pm

Dear Jiatong,

Thank you for your comments regarding the St Regis Shanghai and we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our bathrooms, spg recognition & location.

We would like to assure you as a SPG Gold member you are entitled to many additional benefits in the hotel and indeed our Executive Lounge is exclusive for our SPG Platinum members and guests who choose to stay in our Executive Deluxe rooms and Suites.

Our location is within a 10 minute taxi ride of the Pudong new area of Lujiazui. Additionally with the new road tunnels in Shanghai it is only another short taxi ride to the bund and downtown areas.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards,
Vera Gu
The St. Regis Shanghai
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:49 pm

Programs: *G, SPG Plat, Accor Plat
LRM rocks! Was stranded at a business meeting due to heavy rain, called the hotel for a car and 20 mins later it crawls up to client's building lobby.

All this in English
Old Oct 30, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Oct stay

Originally Posted by Veragu
Dear Jiatong,

Thank you for your comments regarding the St Regis Shanghai and we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our bathrooms, spg recognition & location.

We would like to assure you as a SPG Gold member you are entitled to many additional benefits in the hotel and indeed our Executive Lounge is exclusive for our SPG Platinum members and guests who choose to stay in our Executive Deluxe rooms and Suites.

Warm Regards,
Vera Gu
The St. Regis Shanghai
Just had a great 'SH' stay at the Shangri-la Pudong this last weekend of Expo.
I am only an exec golden circle member, but did get the suite upgrade, & many more benefits in china than SPG gives at the St Regis... A much better location....
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Recently stayed at LRM. Beautiful facility with a great lounge. Staff are excellent. Fantastic location with great views.

My only gripe was that I booked a junior suite and received no upgrade (I'm only Gold) at check-in. I was hoping for club level with lounge access. I ended up using points (1500 per night), but this left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I might contact SPG regarding this.

Anyway, great hotel, but they could do a better job with recognizing status especially for someone buying their premium product.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Veragu
Dear Jiatong,

Our location is within a 10 minute taxi ride of the Pudong new area of Lujiazui. Additionally with the new road tunnels in Shanghai it is only another short taxi ride to the bund and downtown areas.

Warm Regards,
Vera Gu
The St. Regis Shanghai
Can't believe that I had not posted our experience in Shanghai, but as Vera Bu points out, The St. Regis is a wonderful property, and everything they provided exceeded our expectations (as St. Regis always does). We were treated exceptionally well, as the hotel manager from a Sheraton Property emailed the manager at the St. Regis about our impending arrival, and the hotel manager looked us up and spent considerable time with us while we were at this property. Needless to say, the manager took a personal interest in assuring that we were treated well--and we were. I cannot compare the St. Regis experience to the Le Meridein, as we have not stayed at the Le Meridien (next stay we will), but the Shanghai St provides the level of service that St. Regis is famous for. However, in our view, the Westin is the best Westin in the Starwood portfolio. A tough decision, but you cannot go wrong with either. Looking back since the time that we had stayed at the Shanghai St. Regis, but the St. Regis chain is the crown jewel in the Starwood crown, and it is important for you to appreciate what they offer. Overall, we believe their properties are among the best in the world.

I look back at our experiences at the Westin and Le Meridien chains, and I have never had the hotel manager of a Westin personally seek me out to be sure that everything was well. Some of the Le Meridien managers have done this (but those properties have left Starwood). Let all of us know of your choice.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Hilton Dia, SPG PT, National Exec Elite, MAR Silver, Ex UA 1K
Originally Posted by wripro
As bp888 said if you are there as a tourist don't even think about Pudong. Even though taxis are dirt cheap in Shanghai it takes time to get to the Puxi side every time you want to sightsee and everything you'll want to see is on the Puxi side. I strongly recommend the Royal Meridien as the best *wood option. it is perfectly located.
I realize people do not like the Sheraton PuDong but it is a reasonable hotel. Don't take taxi's in Shanghai as they are expensvie. The subway stops immediately infront of the Sheraton TangQiao exit 3 which is on line 4 which is a circular route that connects to any point you need. The auto machines have an English button to select and are very easy and cheap. You can get to the train station, either airport, etc. There is not much near the hotel since the expo closed but I book the hotel for 800 RMB per night including a good breakfast and free internet. Next door is the 4points which is 550 RMB for the same deal. I have stayed at one of the two 10 different times this year and no issues. Again, not as posh as the others but good value.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Shanghai : Which property?

My maiden trip to Shanghai. So I am not familiar with the area. It is s leisure trip.

Looking for conviniently located hotel near/around tourist attraction.

Any suggestion?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG AMB, Marriott GLD
I have lived in Shanghai for a summer and just recently stayed at the Le Royal Meridien which is a great location for tourists and business people alike. It is centrally located and convenient from a public transportation perspective. Make sure you check out the view from the bar if you end up staying there.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
LRM is a great location. However, it's a huge hotel that always seems crowded. Having to always change between different banks of elevators (none serve all floors) is annoying.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:56 pm

We determined a few years ago that the Westin was the most favored hotel in Shanghai with the St. Regis in second place. We enjoyed both of those hotels. With the opening of the LM, most have favored the LM over its Starwood rivals. We concur, although as pointed out, the issue of taking multiple elevators at the LM is annoying as the multiple elevators are used to speed customers over its many floors. The LM has the best location of the Starwood properties in Shanghai, but all three of the properties listed above have superior lounge services. The St. Regis is a tad remote from the tourist action, whereas the Westin and the LM are relatively close. We just returned three weeks ago from another China trip and would stay at the LM as our first choice.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
I've stayed at both the LM and the Westin in Shanghai - LM wins hands down based on my experience
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:33 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I checked out of the Westin this AM and having stayed at both the LM and the Westin a number of times I much prefer the Westin. If you are a platinum you will be upgraded to the Grand Tower and most likely a suite, the lounge food is excellent ( although you don't have the view the LM has) and most importantly you don't have the aggravation of changing elevators for everything ie ground floor to lobby to room or room to lounge. All and all though both are wonderful and you can't go wrong with either. I also believe the St Regis is no longer the St Regis which is an indication that all was not perfect at that hotel.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by abk
I also believe the St Regis is no longer the St Regis which is an indication that all was not perfect at that hotel.
It's now known as The Hongta Hotel, Shanghai, under luxury collection.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
I recently stayed at both the Hongta and the Sheraton Hongkou. I thought the Sheraton the nicer hotel though the Hongta has more local things to do. Both are a short taxi ride from major touris attractions and the Sheraton is close, 5 min walk, to a metro station which can take you to the Bund. The Sheraton has the best breakfast and dinner meals I have experienced in any Club rooms and the Club rooms are not that expensive.

The other LM definately is better located but you could pay for private tours with the money you save with the Sheraton and the Sheraton rooms are very nice. The Hongta is OK but the Sheraton is better value and service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.