Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dascc
anyone know how long it takes to get upgraded to gold after getting the card?
I posted this a month ago though maybe there's a more recent data point.

Originally Posted by Polytonic
My status changed in the Marriott app the day I received the card, so ... maybe three days or so? I didn't bother to check prior to my getting the card.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
I posted this a month ago though maybe there's a more recent data point.
thanks for the reply. Normally I wouldn't be in a rush but I have a stay coming up this week and hoped it would be reflected by then.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
Are you truly planning on upgrading the card? You state that you plan on keeping the SPG personal card. So are you planning on having both the personal SPG Amex and the Luxury SPG Amex?
I currently have the SPG personal card (had it for a long time) and my AF hit last month. I have decided to pay the AF and keep it for at least one more year. As I mentioned in my earlier post, since I am paying $95 does it make sense to upgrade to the luxury card, w/o a hard pull, and get 100,000 points for an effective additional $55. I do not want a hard pull on my credit so wanted to be absolutely sure that the upgrade wouldn't trigger one before I seriously considered the upgrade. No I don't plan to have both.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by neony77
I currently have the SPG personal card (had it for a long time) and my AF hit last month. I have decided to pay the AF and keep it for at least one more year. As I mentioned in my earlier post, since I am paying $95 does it make sense to upgrade to the luxury card, w/o a hard pull, and get 100,000 points for an effective additional $55. I do not want a hard pull on my credit so wanted to be absolutely sure that the upgrade wouldn't trigger one before I seriously considered the upgrade. No I don't plan to have both.
I did not see a credit check associated with my upgrade.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by jimmychang
Did you get 6x points or just 2x for the e-gift card charges?
I received 4 additional bonus points (6X total) for the gift cards.
jimmychang likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
It looks like adding additional cardmembers is $0 per year. Any idea if the additional cardmembers would get their own Priority Pass membership?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:00 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
It looks like adding additional cardmembers is $0 per year. Any idea if the additional cardmembers would get their own Priority Pass membership?
The offer terms are quite clear that they do not.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-0#offer-terms

"Please note, Additional Card Members are not eligible for membership."
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:08 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Any idea if the additional cardmembers would get their own Priority Pass membership?
No. The T&Cs state "Please note, Additional Card Members are not eligible for membership."
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hhoope01
No. The T&Cs state "Please note, Additional Card Members are not eligible for membership."
Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Has anyone tried stacking one of the Marriott AMEX offers with the $300 credit? I have the $100 off $500 RC offer added to my card, and I just upgraded, so if I spend the $500 would it still trigger the offer? Seems like it should, but I'm never certain about these things!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by zymm
Has anyone tried stacking one of the Marriott AMEX offers with the $300 credit? I have the $100 off $500 RC offer added to my card, and I just upgraded, so if I spend the $500 would it still trigger the offer? Seems like it should, but I'm never certain about these things!
Yes, my post around Labor Day is an example.
zymm likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: AA 1MM GO, SW A-List
Update: Just upgraded my card (spg to spg luxury), I got the original offer of 100k for $5K spend in 3 months which got downgraded to 15k for $1k recently online.

I just needed to mention that I got the original offer email plus had to tell them the promotional code listed. The promotional code is only valid for those that received the invitational email. So if you got that and use that code you will be good to go, my offer expired at 10/31. I know some people who got physical mailers offering 150k and those were also private invitation mailers w/ codes with expiration date of the end of the year.

So they honored the original deal, they say the upgrade takes immediately so now just need to spend going into the holiday season now!
schley likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ckelly14
I did not see a credit check associated with my upgrade.
I have both the regular and luxury card and there was no credit check for me when I added the Luxury card. They already had access to my credit history as I have had the SPG AMEX for years.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:11 pm

Managed to snag this card in August during the three day window. I will be staying at a Marriott resort over the NYE holiday 12/29 - 1/3. My question is about the $300 travel credit. Since I received the card in August I am slightly confused about the credit, especially since my trip is planned for the end of the year...do I have to redeem the $300 credit by 12/31/18 and then it will reset again on 1/1/19?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Managed to snag this card in August during the three day window. I will be staying at a Marriott resort over the NYE holiday 12/29 - 1/3. My question is about the $300 travel credit. Since I received the card in August I am slightly confused about the credit, especially since my trip is planned for the end of the year...do I have to redeem the $300 credit by 12/31/18 and then it will reset again on 1/1/19?
No, it should reset on your card anniversary.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.