Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum

Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: Platinum RA - SPG Gold
My SPG account still shows 0 points. Contacted support and she said that the points may have expired! She obviuosly had no idea. I am realy starting to be concerned and not sure if I am ever going to get the points back.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ftrichard

Anyway, that's it. I am officially "All together now".
Great! Can you make SPG reservations without calling in? Seems quite a few people still having problems with that.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I've still got reservations from before 8/18 that show up in my account BUT don't show my status, rate, room type, etc....Just the dates and location. Fortunately, it's only two reservations and I'll just call the hotels directly to make sure all is well as I've called Marriott twice now and both times the agent put me on hold to "check into it" and 15 minutes later the call drops.

I'm also missing a few thousand points, but it's so low (less than 5K) that it's not worth the trouble to try to get them fixed (sent email to Marriott, got case number in automated reply...no email as of yet from human with a resolution after over a week).

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Great! Can you make SPG reservations without calling in? Seems quite a few people still having problems with that.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by X-ON
If LT status only will be awarded once in a calendar year that is just plain weird imagine you have 590 nights and 10 Years in Jan then stay 10 nights in Jan in this case you need to wait 11 Months for MAR to acknowledge your new status ...talk about creating incentive to stay at the competition....
Marriott simply can't stick to this absurd concept of annual LT calculation - on any level (neither nights nor status). First of all, it's laughable from a technology perspective; likewise from a business perspective. X-ON is spot-on regarding the huge disincentive that would represent to the exact kind of frequent travelers whose business they're trying to attract. And I say this as a casual observer with no horse in the race since my LT status is already sealed (also being pushed to an annual boundary, but that's at least a little more understandable as a one-off approach following the merger).

Edit: Just as a datapoint, I read further up this thread and saw the traffic regarding 2018 nights having been clawed back on Sept 5. I just did the math, and my LT nights total as reflected now is precisely my post-combine total, less my 2018 nights up to Sept 5. I've since had 2018 award nights stayed, but that hasn't posted to my account so no idea if things will begin to increment again as others have reported. What an absolute MESS!

Last edited by CCIE_Flyer; Sep 13, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Duke777
Is there anyway to check my historical lifetime nights? I was close enough to aim for 750 but after the recent adjustment where I lost ~20 nights, I'm now too short to bother. I need an accurate count to finalize my remaining stays this year (likely shifting some back to Hyatt).
So my read of things is that the clawing back of nights on Sept 5 was meant to be temporary, with those being redeposited at the end of the year. It's possibly an(other) anomaly that things have continued to increment post-9/5. So you possibly will get those 20 nights back effective as of 12/31 and thus may remain in striking distance of your goal. But obviously there's no way to know for certain with the information (lack thereof) currently available, at least as far as my read goes...
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Hi :-). I had three SPG reservations correctly carried over on August 18 at LeM Saigon and MeM Bangkok. I know people at both hotels and subsequently emailed them to confirm the reservation, new SPG/Marriott number and Platinum Premier status were all present and correct. They were.

Since then, I made one points redemption online at the Sheraton Macau for New Year (not such great value at 35,000 points per night now - I remember when it was 7000 Starpoints - but it's New Year and rates are already quite higher than normal). The reservation is there in my list. The points were immediately deducted from my account. And about a week or so later the points deduction appeared on my Account Activity. I know people at the Club Lounge there so will confirm details nearer the date.

This week I made two paid-for reservations on the new SPG app for the Aloft Guangzhou and the W Guangzhou for October. Everything seems normal about them but I haven't checked with the hotels yet (actually I will just email the W because their suite upgrades can be phenomenal and there's a rare lounge for a W that I will be getting drunk in).

My only other upcoming reservation is at Ovolo Southside next weekend in HK but it doesn't show in my app because I booked direct and with them. I'll email my contact at the front desk before I arrive to ensure he has my new SPG number.

In all these hotels I will ensure that my new SPG number is used when I check in and when I check out.

My combined account online and on the app now appears to be correct if you ignore minor errors in the Account Activity prior to August 18. I think that they've adopted a Year Zero approach on August 18 to the migration of SPG data over so as long as the nights, points and statuses totals are now correct (which they are in the combined account) then the Account Activity record doesn't matter prior to August 18.

I've not had any stays since August 18 so cannot comment on stays posting. I've had one meal last weekend at the St Regis Shenzhen which posted within two days. One meal at the Ritz Carlton Macau has not posted after three weeks but I have all the receipts including the new points voucher/receipt so I'll follow up at some point and get this fixed.

I was able to register for the new promo online and it shows up in my account.

I appear to be good to go now. Let's see :-).
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by ftrichard
This week I made two paid-for reservations on the new SPG app for the Aloft Guangzhou and the W Guangzhou for October. Everything seems normal about them but I haven't checked with the hotels yet (actually I will just email the W because their suite upgrades can be phenomenal and there's a rare lounge for a W that I will be getting drunk in).
I assume you're counting on status-based access to the lounge, yes? If so this will be a rare data point on what reality is at some SPG properties versus the new T&C that doesn't grant lounge access at e.g. W.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by remymartin
I assume you're counting on status-based access to the lounge, yes? If so this will be a rare data point on what reality is at some SPG properties versus the new T&C that doesn't grant lounge access at e.g. W.
Well, you may be correct but let's see. I've stayed there before and got suite upgrades and lounge access as a Platinum. As a data point, it's of limited use given that so few Ws have lounges and they've got one to attract business customers in this particular city at price points the same or slightly higher than the Marriott, Sheraton, Westin and others. It's not like a Ritz Carlton lounge situation.

In my experience hotels have had broad discretion to offer more than the programme's bare bones. This includes Courtyards in Hong Kong that have lounges and grant access and decent room upgrades to Marriott Golds (now Platinums) as though they are, you know, actual Marriotts, or Le Meridiens and St Regis hotels without lounges (both in Bangkok) that give plentiful happy hour drinks in a bar for Platinums and in the case of LeM Bkk gives sparkling wine at breakfast just for Plats. Or, on the other hand, there are execrable Sheratons without lounges such as in Koh Samui that do absolutely nothing for Platinums and barely meet the programme terms.

So, yes it will be a data point. In the shakeout I think hotel managers will be hotel managers and continue to respond to the local competitive requirements in addition to the programme bare bones.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
So my read of things is that the clawing back of nights on Sept 5 was meant to be temporary, with those being redeposited at the end of the year. It's possibly an(other) anomaly that things have continued to increment post-9/5. So you possibly will get those 20 nights back effective as of 12/31 and thus may remain in striking distance of your goal. But obviously there's no way to know for certain with the information (lack thereof) currently available, at least as far as my read goes...
Ugh what a mess. I'll check with my Ambassador, but doubt they'll know or I'll trust what they say.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP

From my merged account I booked a weekend at the St Regis Bal Harbour using points and all went well except for my attempt to use SNAs; I got a message I could not, called the platinum number on my app for help, got someone in under a minute who told me that the SNA request had indeed gone through which does appear to be the case. So it does mostly work.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Re the targeted double nights/stays promo from earlier this year - my nights now show correctly (the figure updated today to include the double night credits I was expecting).

The big issue for me is the inability to see the number of stays, as I'm trying to qualify via 25 stays at legacy SPG brands. The CSRs only report the number of stays as if there were no 2x promo applied during the offer period.
As I said elsewhere, it was a big mistake to remove #stays as a trackable total from the app/website, as many people are going to be qualifying based on number of stays until Dec 31. When I ask CSRs on the SPG side to confirm my total YTD stays I can actually hear them counting them up, one by one!
in my case LT nights, considering that all of 2018 is missing seems about right
Points are correct
YTD nights are off.
Does anyone know if the YTD stays AFTER the merger were supposed to include the night accrued as double nights?
By way of example.....before the merger with the double night/stay promo, if my count was 20 stays of which 10 came during the promo period, the count would have shown as 30. now it is back to 20.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:11 am

All together now? No

Starting to think I'll never get mg 610k points back. Customer service seem clueless.

Absolutely dreadful merger.

I wanted to book a holiday with these points. Those plans have had to be cancelled.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
my last stay didn't show on my activity yet but the night credit and point were added. however the point earned from this stay was not correct.

anyone experienced this?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
my last stay didn't show on my activity yet but the night credit and point were added. however the point earned from this stay was not correct.

anyone experienced this?
that's been happening with every one of my stays since the merger....
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG is all that's left.
Tried looking through the thread but didn't find anything: Is there any way to see where one currently stands on legacy SPG LT status?

I was (and still am) close to the 250 night threshold for LT Gold, but would like to know exactly how many more nights I need before Dec. 31.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.