Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
LNF Marriott team is playing strange policies/cheat with some OTA.

they pretend that the price of roomsxxl.de / roomsxxl.ch .... do not include service and charges...

From LNF :
The comparison site did not specify that the hotel’s 10% Service Charge was included in the price. There was a statement, in the “Note of the Hotel” area, that stated the following:
Please note that our rates do not include any expenses or fees which may be incurred by the guest at the hotel, such as resort fees, city tax, parking, gratuities, etc.

FAQ roomsxxl.de
Are taxes and fees included in the hotel prices?
Yes. Taxes and fees are included in our prices. If, in rare cases, there is an additional visitors' tax or tourism tax to be incurred, we will clearly point this out before the booking is completed.

Answer from LNF after my complain :
Thank you for your additional inquiry regarding Marriott's Look No Further (SM) Guarantee. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you by clarifying the matter at hand.
I have went over you claim once more and I am still unable to verify that the service charges are included in the rate on the comparison site. I do see as stated in the previous email that they do not include in their rates some expenses or fees which must be settled by the guest at the hotel, such as resort fees, city tax, parking, gratuities, etc.

Somebody with the same problem ? or correctly handled claim with roomsxxl ?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
LNF Marriott team is playing strange policies/cheat with some OTA.

they pretend that the price of roomsxxl.de / roomsxxl.ch .... do not include service and charges...

From LNF :
The comparison site did not specify that the hotel’s 10% Service Charge was included in the price. There was a statement, in the “Note of the Hotel” area, that stated the following:
Please note that our rates do not include any expenses or fees which may be incurred by the guest at the hotel, such as resort fees, city tax, parking, gratuities, etc.

FAQ roomsxxl.de
Are taxes and fees included in the hotel prices?
Yes. Taxes and fees are included in our prices. If, in rare cases, there is an additional visitors' tax or tourism tax to be incurred, we will clearly point this out before the booking is completed.

Answer from LNF after my complain :
Thank you for your additional inquiry regarding Marriott's Look No Further (SM) Guarantee. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you by clarifying the matter at hand.
I have went over you claim once more and I am still unable to verify that the service charges are included in the rate on the comparison site. I do see as stated in the previous email that they do not include in their rates some expenses or fees which must be settled by the guest at the hotel, such as resort fees, city tax, parking, gratuities, etc.

Somebody with the same problem ? or correctly handled claim with roomsxxl ?
If they can't be literate "have went over" how do you expect them to deal with a "complicated" issue like understanding city tax is different from VAT, regular taxes (state, etc)? Maybe escalate to a sup if possible?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by estnet
If they can't be literate "have went over" how do you expect them to deal with a "complicated" issue like understanding city tax is different from VAT, regular taxes (state, etc)? Maybe escalate to a sup if possible?
Yes I’ve had these issues with this particular website. It is problematic only in those countries with service charge. If it’s just tax / VAT they just take it off. Different versions have different ways of showing it, different hotels on different versions and at different times of the say with vastly different rates and some only showing flexible etc! Some even get the tax wrong, e.g 40+ % when it should be half that - I wonder if they’ll stick to the room rate in these cases when they always insist on this if it works against us! Some rates keep disappearing and reappearing and the BRG team never seem to catch the wave.

When you can’t win these issues I have a different tactic: contact the website telling them you need to show the breakdown for business purposes and hopefully they’ll change their website / update the wording to include service charge to unknowingly help us with our BRGs! If more people do that they might change it!

You can also let it go and retry and hope for a different agent but you just have to be lucky! It won’t solve the long term issue though

And have any of you got a particular agent in your head who always seems to reject your claims for spurious reasons and you just hope they don’t get your claim each time?!

Ive had:

Not following explicit instructions on what to type in search

Taxes not taken off on Marriott rate due to website glitch even i put this in comments

Currency exchange reasons when over 4% difference!

Told my new 3-night stay claim for same hotel / dates had to be compared over 5 nights because I had a points booking for same dates for 5 night even if under different confirmation number (obviously if successful I want to change from 5 to 3 nights and cancel my points booking).

Told had to compare in same currency as hotel if the website has that currency (I was directed via Hotelscombined).

They often come back in wrong currency version even when stated in instructions.

Website denied due to not instant even the terms says "upon payment you’ll be sent hotel voucher". Same website ok again with different agent yesterday!

So the key is, know when to quit and retry again. You’ll get there eventually. Almost 100% of my 20+ 2019 stays are now BRGs.

Good luck!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:15 pm

Can you file a claim against Marriott.com after you book direct but the rates gone down?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kodansha999
Can you file a claim against Marriott.com after you book direct but the rates gone down?
no....
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
How long are LNF's taking to get approved (or rejected) these days?

I got one of mine accepted the other day (I got an e-mail after ~20 hours); however, I emailed the agent back as I wanted to include breakfast in my rate which he had omitted, and I have still not heard back from him (> 24 hours). When should a follow-up email be sent?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LNF as third party booking?

I had an approved LNF stay. All went well but stay failed to credit. Filed missing stay report and was told that third party booking doesn't qualify. LNF rate is treated as third party booking? Called hotel and hotel insisted that I booked via third party. Called Rewards desk and was told the same. After a long conversation and checked with supervisor, he/she eventually approved a "one-time exception" for stay credit but no 1,000 point amenity. Why does Marriott system treat LNF rates as third party booking?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
I had an approved LNF stay. All went well but stay failed to credit. Filed missing stay report and was told that third party booking doesn't qualify. LNF rate is treated as third party booking? Called hotel and hotel insisted that I booked via third party. Called Rewards desk and was told the same. After a long conversation and checked with supervisor, he/she eventually approved a "one-time exception" for stay credit but no 1,000 point amenity. Why does Marriott system treat LNF rates as third party booking?
They don’t and they should not have.
That happened to me once 5 years ago where they claimed it was a third party booking but it was straightened out. I have not had any problems since.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
They don’t and they should not have........
That's what I thought. But hotel front desk, accounting department as well as Rewards department all claim it to be third party booking. It must be what shows in Marriott system.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:11 pm

I’ve noticed my rates are showing as LNF on the reservation. Only way to get those is by booking through Marriott.
So that absolutely makes no sense.
Another reason why I keep paper trails. Original reservation, LNF email as well as updated reservation. No way they can question that.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Do you have the confirmation email and the LNF approval email and the invoice for the stay? With those you can trace the confirmation number from the original reservation to the LNF confirmation number to the confirmation number associated with your check out ... If there is a break in this chain something is strange maybe courtesy of Marriott IT ... I myself have never experienced anything like this ....
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by X-ON
Do you have the confirmation email and the LNF approval email and the invoice for the stay? With those you can trace the confirmation number from the original reservation to the LNF confirmation number to the confirmation number associated with your check out .......
I have all information saved. Nevertheless, the Rewards agent kept saying it shows you booked through third party. Hotel kept saying the same thing and won't even provide a folio receipt. They said I need to get my receipt from third party booking channel.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
I have all information saved. Nevertheless, the Rewards agent kept saying it shows you booked through third party. Hotel kept saying the same thing and won't even provide a folio receipt. They said I need to get my receipt from third party booking channel.
I guess we need to start saving our folios when we check out from now on. That'll be inconvenient at the hotels that don't send email folios.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
By any chance, did you actually BOOK the 3rd party reservation? At any point, did you hold both reservations?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hotturnip
By any chance, did you actually BOOK the 3rd party reservation? At any point, did you hold both reservations?
Nope. I only checked rate on third party sites. I never book via third party due to stay/point credit. How do you call yourself a FTer if you book without getting stay/point credit?

Last edited by TerryK; Nov 26, 2018 at 4:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.