Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I'm hoping someone can tell me where I went wrong with my first ever LNF claim. Typically I don't have the time to worry about these things but since I read this thread I figured I'd go for a 5K shot in the arm each time.

I'm in Chicago this week and booked a pre-paid rate at a hotel for two nights. I found a rate $5 less on a competing website so I filled out the form and put in the notes that the competing rate is exactly the same room type and that it's pre-paid.

First of all, it took them over 24 hours to reply to me.

Second, they denied me saying the competing rate they see on the website I provided was $30 more a night than what I'm paying. That's bull$$$$. The rate they found was $30 *after* taxes, not before. The pre-tax rate was still $5 lower on the website I referenced when I checked after getting their email.

Naturally I hit reply on that email, sent a screenshot and a day later I get a bounce back message from my email account telling me my email won't get through.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks,
RM
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I just got a claim denied because the cancellation policies was not exactly the same. I have never got a LNF denied of this reason. Is LNF turning into Hilton BRG?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Will they approve a claim, when you locked in the rate via Expedia and give them access to the itinerary online or does it have to be still bookable at time of verification? I am asking, because on the LNF online form it says "Lower Rate Found or Reserved"
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by X-ON
I just got a claim denied because the cancellation policies was not exactly the same. I have never got a LNF denied of this reason. Is LNF turning into Hilton BRG?
how different were the cancellation policies????
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:12 am

A couple of days .... I submitted another claim and see how it turns out ... my guess would be that its a poorly trained associate ... or LNF all of a sudden changed policy ....
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by X-ON
A couple of days .... I submitted another claim and see how it turns out ... my guess would be that its a poorly trained associate ... or LNF all of a sudden changed policy ....
interesting....i submitted a claim today where the cancellation deadlines differ by a day....let's see how they respond....
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
I had a claim denied with same room cat and cancellation policy, but the competing rate had breakfast.. Is this normal?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by canael
I had a claim denied with same room cat and cancellation policy, but the competing rate had breakfast.. Is this normal?
If it was a flex competing rate with breakfast then you need to book a flex rate on marriott.com that includes breakfast, the same reasoning for a non-ref rate competing rate
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:28 am

Looks like LNF is now Hilton BRG they keep insisting that the terms of cancellation is not the same....R.I.P LNF .... I think the T&C are the same as before but it seems that implementation of them have changed dramatically making LNF quite useless for us who need flexible rates. I still hope I am the odd man out and that things will revert back to the old practice but I am not hopeful ....

Last edited by X-ON; Nov 14, 2018 at 11:17 am
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:01 am

Hotel Name: Renaissance London Heathrow
Arrival Date: 29 Nov 2018
Departure Date: 30 Nov 2018
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: King Guestroom w/ Breakfast
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 156 GBP incl VAT (Flexible)
Competing Rate:107 GBP incl VAT
Actual Approved Rate: 79 GBP w/ Breakfast incl VAT
Comments: This one was a little strange got denied for a site which had free cancellation terms 6 days prior to arrival, the successful claim had terms equal to free cancellation equal to 5 days prior to arrival.

Last edited by X-ON; Nov 15, 2018 at 2:24 am
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I'm hoping someone can tell me where I went wrong with my first ever LNF claim. Typically I don't have the time to worry about these things but since I read this thread I figured I'd go for a 5K shot in the arm each time.

I'm in Chicago this week and booked a pre-paid rate at a hotel for two nights. I found a rate $5 less on a competing website so I filled out the form and put in the notes that the competing rate is exactly the same room type and that it's pre-paid.

First of all, it took them over 24 hours to reply to me.

Second, they denied me saying the competing rate they see on the website I provided was $30 more a night than what I'm paying. That's bull$$$$. The rate they found was $30 *after* taxes, not before. The pre-tax rate was still $5 lower on the website I referenced when I checked after getting their email.

Naturally I hit reply on that email, sent a screenshot and a day later I get a bounce back message from my email account telling me my email won't get through.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks,
RM
Was it less than 24 hours before checkin?
Can’t think of any other reason why it would bounce back and not even sure if that is a reason.
Sorry that happened to you. And you also have a real grievance that they took over 24 hours to respond especially if it was a non refundable rate.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:40 am

Marriott hotel name: Fairfield Inn & Suites Edmonton North
Check-in date: 2018-12-26
Check-out date: 2018-12-29
Marriott rate reserved: 126.00
Currency: DOLLAR (CAD)

I modified your reservation to reflect the following rate:

Rate: 81.75 Canadian dollars.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

Was it less than 24 hours before checkin?
Can’t think of any other reason why it would bounce back and not even sure if that is a reason.
Sorry that happened to you. And you also have a real grievance that they took over 24 hours to respond especially if it was a non refundable rate.
No, it was a couple of days before my arrival. At least 2 days.

-RM
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:30 am

Hotel Name: Renaissance London Heathrow
Arrival Date: 29 Nov 2018
Departure Date: 30 Nov 2018
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: King Guestroom
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 136 GBP incl VAT (Flexible)
Competing Rate:88 GBP incl VAT
Actual Approved Rate: 66 GBP incl VAT
Comments: This one was a rejected 2 days ago I tried again exact same web page and dates etc .. and approved ... lesson learned be persistent ...cancelling my LNF rate that includes breakfast get it anyway since I am PP
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by tracon
Marriott hotel name: Fairfield Inn & Suites Edmonton North
Check-in date: 2018-12-26
Check-out date: 2018-12-29
Marriott rate reserved: 126.00
Currency: DOLLAR (CAD)

I modified your reservation to reflect the following rate:

Rate: 81.75 Canadian dollars.
Made a new reservation for four nights and was successful again.
Same rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.