Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TerryK
That's property dependent. BRG, now LNF, is a separate rate plan which carries its own cancellation policy. It is unusual but properties can choose to impose cancellation penalty on LNF approved rates.
I must have > 100 LNF claims and I have never seen this, ever. In fact non-refundable bookings have become refundable but never the other way.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

I would rather not share sources of LNF publically right now. It seems it’s not a regular thing on here?
there is a separate thread where you can post success stories. When posting there you will allow folks to ping you via IM for info how you found it. As others mentioned, Marriott does not want us to post comp sites here ... that has been the rule for many years now.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by joakgarp

Nice found! My rate last year was 200 SD/Night inc taxes for five nights beginning of september last year but I think the agent messed up the calculation in taxes that time to my advantage. So it is possible to score a good LNF-rate but you need to search good.
The Marriott team usually did mistakes from time to time due to their rotation in staff all the time. Not sure if they still do mistakes so much these days since I moved all my stays to SPG. The SPG-staff of course never did any mistakes to my advantage but they rarely changed their staff

There's a rule from Marriott to not leave or write where you found the rate so don't do that here please. We want to keep the LNF as it is as long as possible now in its current state (or better -> the good old way of SPG Brg).
I agree. So let’s work hard to find them! Actually my rate of 208 was for a deluxe room (the 2nd room category) and not a studio room. Anyway, I’m happy to get my 2nd ever LNF! I actually have 100% success rate with LNF unlike SPG. The problem with SPG legacy hotels is that they don’t have the 1-day cancellation window that many Marriotts have on non-refundable bookings so I’m now more inclined to book Marriotts.

So is it the norm for non-refundable LNFs to switch to flexible cancellation terms if approved?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does LNF allow submission without a reservation when subject property is sold out on Marriott channels? Starwood BRG allows it as an exception since it is not possible to make reservation before BRG submission. I cannot find any reference to sold out situation in LNF T&C.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by TerryK
Does LNF allow submission without a reservation when subject property is sold out on Marriott channels? Starwood BRG allows it as an exception since it is not possible to make reservation before BRG submission. I cannot find any reference to sold out situation in LNF T&C.
Not likely since SPG has not allowed this since end of May when they migrated to Marriott LNF rules.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:27 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Anyone kind enough to offer (or PM me) some advice of getting a LNF rate for W Kuala Lumpur for early Jan 2019?
So far all the OTA sites I found are either higher or sold out.

Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:35 pm

LNF Response Times

Last Sunday I booked a stay in Dubai for September 28th to September 29th through Marriott.com. I noticed that the same room was offered at a lower rate (with same T&Cs) at a 3rd party booking site, so I submitted a LNF claim with this Comparison Rate. After submitting the claim I received an automated email stating that they've been experiencing more inquiries than usual and would respond as soon as possible. Since then, four days have past and I still haven't received a response. In the mean time, the Comparison Rate has first increased, surpassing the reserved rate, and currently is again below my reserved rate. Also, the Marriott rate has dropped below my rate (and is even lower than the Comparison Rate). What are the odds that my claim will be processed in time, let alone be approved? What's the best action to take now:
  1. Call them to inquire about my claim. Again, what are the odds that they will process my claim in time?
  2. Submit a new claim referring to the new Comparision Rate I found on the 3rd party booking site / Marriott. I guess this has the possibility of them denying my claim as it was submitted > 24 hours after placing my reservation?
  3. Cancel my initial reservation and rebook at the lower rate at Marriott.com?
As this is my first time submitting LNF, any advice is appreciated .
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:34 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Any good hotels to scout for LNF opportunities in Dubai / Istanbul ? (Mar 2019)
(besides StR IST , already have BRG approved)

Appreciated !
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I submitted a claim yesterday which was denied. I wrote back with screenshots explaining that they compared the wrong room type. This is the response I got back:

I am happy to respond to your additional message regarding Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee.

I regret that the outcome of your claim submission was not what you anticipated and that I am unable to approve your claim for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee. Marriott's Look No Further (SM) Guarantee is governed by the program terms and conditions; these are available for review in an easily accessible public forum via our website, Marriott.com. Please visit the following web page to learn more:

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-rates/travel.mi

Just as every claim that we receive is bound by these terms and conditions, as are we in reviewing said comparisons. Should a claim fail to meet with even one of the terms or conditions, we have no choice but to summarily deny the claim.
Sounds like it could have been written by the BRG team in India. "We are professionals, we know what we are doing, so we're right. Claim denied."
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I submitted a claim yesterday which was denied. I wrote back with screenshots explaining that they compared the wrong room type. This is the response I got back:

Sounds like it could have been written by the BRG team in India. "We are professionals, we know what we are doing, so we're right. Claim denied."
My experience with them is just resubmit the claim again. Let a more competent person process it.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So does anyone know is non-refundable LNFs stay non-refundable if approved? Or do they change to flexible?

Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by shevboyz
My experience with them is just resubmit the claim again. Let a more competent person process it.
Isn't the challenge with repeat efforts that you're usually then over the 24 hour limit and so if you made a Marriott booking it will no longer be eligible for LNF? This is what has been tripping me up - presumably not a problem if you're able to find a flex rate for BRG? I continually get the response "we're unable to see your rate" when I can see it pretty clearly and I've now given up.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Isn't the challenge with repeat efforts that you're usually then over the 24 hour limit and so if you made a Marriott booking it will no longer be eligible for LNF? This is what has been tripping me up - presumably not a problem if you're able to find a flex rate for BRG? I continually get the response "we're unable to see your rate" when I can see it pretty clearly and I've now given up.
Usually they reply before 24 hour, so u can do a 2nd filing of claim again.
If it's a non refundable rate just cancel and rebook. Most Marriott hotel have a 24h time frame for you to cancel, I will only book these type of non refundable rate.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I got a very strange rejection based on that I had other already approved LNF claims in the same city at other hotels within the same week. And no I was not claiming the 5K points.
They quoted this part of the T&C:

"Claims made against only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored. Multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more nights in the same week at the same Marriott hotel or Marriott hotels in the same geographic location (e.g. city) may be treated as one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation."

My understanding is that this is to stop people for getting 5K points by jumping hotels.

In fact this means that you cannot claim LNF rate within the same city unless your stays are more than one week apart ... I hate when these people try to pretend to be lawyers ...
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Just had another claim rejected on the basis the competitor's rate I filed no longer exists. In the claim I gave them the precise link (and explained as well how to get it with amoma via hotelscombined). I clicked on the link that I sent them and the rate is still there. What would you do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.