Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Not trying to rub this in (so sorry)...but I am curious if I am the only one who got the gift of a bunch of extra double-counted LT nights (about 40 this year). It's irrelevant for me (over 1,000 already) but just interesting.
Well then... perhaps I should combine now.

Originally Posted by Keyser
lots of people are reporting a bump in lifetime nights....
Mine increased on the SPG side but I haven't even combined my accounts yet. I have no clue where those additional nights came from... but I was at SPGLTP1725 nights anyway, so kind of moot.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Mine increased on the SPG side but I haven't even combined my accounts yet. I have no clue where those additional nights came from... but I was at SPGLTP1725 nights anyway, so kind of moot.
all those reporting an increase are doing so on the spg side before merging accounts....
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I would not get too excited about having too many lifetime nights. Everybody expects that their missing 2018 night credits will get fixed and bumped up. Should we not expect the lifetime nights to be fixed at some point as well, and therefore bumped down.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Keyser
all those reporting an increase are doing so on the spg side before merging accounts....
Hmm, ok. Well, for me I guess it doesn't matter, but for those near the cusp... (?)
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Not trying to rub this in (so sorry)...but I am curious if I am the only one who got the gift of a bunch of extra double-counted LT nights (about 40 this year). It's irrelevant for me (over 1,000 already) but just interesting.
Yes. Apparently, the YTD nights are being counted twice.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Hmm, ok. Well, for me I guess it doesn't matter, but for those near the cusp... (?)
i would expect all these extra nights to be taken back at some point soon....
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
My biggest disappointment is why there is no official communication from Marriott?

They should stop merging the account now and do the recon on ALL SPG account and start sending merging email only to those account that have been reconciled.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by escape4
I would not get too excited about having too many lifetime nights. Everybody expects that their missing 2018 night credits will get fixed and bumped up. Should we not expect the lifetime nights to be fixed at some point as well, and therefore bumped down.
Probably greater than a 50/50 prospect. Then again, there's always the squeaky wheel syndrome, and I doubt too many cases will be getting submitted to reduce night or year or point count. And right now at least in the near term, it seems unlikely too much will intentionally be done that will result in further tying up of the CSRs' time on the phone with irate members.

But if I had an illegitimate status, I probably wouldn't rest too easy anytime soon, because eventually things will quiet down and who knows what will sweep across account land (even if incrementally prior to, say, Dec 31)...
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I highly doubt that a lot of effort will be made to claw back unintentionally gifted annual status bumps. More likely to let them expire. Things like double counting of LT nights more likely. When it comes to unexpected count of lifetime years, core method to obtain these was said to be proprietary, in other words if the outcome is inconsistent result you can always fall back and claim it is due to the proprietary algorithm applied. Of course you have the minimum expected years count when the years count falls below this threshold my guess is those issues would will be address via manual tickets. Since account holders are likely to raise these. That part would probably take to the end of the year to complete. .. Just my thoughts...

Last edited by X-ON; Aug 30, 2018 at 5:57 am
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by X-ON
I highly doubt that a lot of effort will be made to claw back unintentionally gifted annual status bumps. More likely to let them expire.
Didn't they already claw back new platinum status incorrectly granted to old SPG golds?
cynstalker likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by swag
Didn't they already claw back new platinum status incorrectly granted to old SPG golds?
Yes I think that is correct, what I meant was after that an account have been signed off as successfully migrated, to launch a sub-project to claw back erroneous status bumps 1-2 Months down the line I think is highly unlikely. The public communication is already out of the box, i.e. the official stance is that all is ok Lifetime status is accurate, current status is correct, etc. At this point launch a project to in order to claw back LT statuses , annual statues etc it is possible of course but I think it is unlikely
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by swag
Mine is still showing Platinum and I'm not allowed to combine using my SPG account.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:10 am

My combined account is also still showing platinum, combined on the 19th August morning.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Well then... perhaps I should combine now.

I had about 40 nights pre-8/18 on SPG this year, bringing me to about 800 8/18. However, once the conversion happened (pre-combination) I was showing 840 LT nights, so they basically double counted my SPG nights this year.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:50 am

Apologies if I've missed this:

1) Do I understand correctly that there's no downside to combining accounts, other than the possibility of an IT glitch?

2) Do I understand correctly that there's no difference which direction you combine, unless you like one of the old account numbers or have better information in one of the profiles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.