Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:46 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
After I combined my accounts, on the Activities page, it originally said I might have to wait up to 48 hours for all my activity (from both accounts) to show up. It looks like Marriott is having some issues as the message now states I might have to wait up to 72 hours for all activity to show up.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
Instead of what I'm used to I'm assigned a brand new SPG account number. The whole process seems to be clumsy at the top level (I'm a former IT Senior Administrator and I feel the pain of the low to mid tier guys, they are just doing what are being assigned, I don't blame them for the chaos, but the top planners). What exactly is the goal here? If the goal is one single account, why not push all the SPG and Ritz into Marriott? It's already linked, you literally just need to combined the old SPG/Ritz into the existing Marriott.

Instead, so far as I can tell, they kept the SPG separate, but with Marriott-esque updates, assigned brand new account numbers, and now it's a big mess (so far the ones I've found - lost Life Time Membership status, reservations gone, activities for the past month and a half not posted, and a few minor kinks).

I'm really puzzled that Marriott seems to decided to take a much complicated route when the most direct and expedite route is simply subsumed SPG/Ritz into Marriott. I guess Marriott has decided SPG and Ritz are brands they wanted to keep promoting? Makes no sense.
because not everyone has existing MR account.

if you are IT guys, you know this is what calls ”parallel run”. IT folks hate this, as it increases the complexity.

remember spg is still exist until 31-Dec-2018
kennycrudup and Antarius like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by calguy77
Pretty self explanatory on that one....."The Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) names will continue to live on under the new set of unified benefits until a new program name is introduced in 2019."
i have a feeling the new program name is new Marriott Rewards.

we got around 5 months to forget old program
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by hhoope01
After I combined my accounts, on the Activities page, it originally said I might have to wait up to 48 hours for all my activity (from both accounts) to show up. It looks like Marriott is having some issues as the message now states I might have to wait up to 72 hours for all activity to show up.
I know my SPG account has the correct number of points but is missing my August stays and nights in the detail. I'm comfortable with the note that some activity may be missing, we're transferring it, and asking for patience. Still, I won't combine the accounts until I see the August stays posted. My legacy MR account has everything correct.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Less than 6 hours later, my SPG reservations now show up on my Marriott account.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I know my SPG account has the correct number of points but is missing my August stays and nights in the detail. I'm comfortable with the note that some activity may be missing, we're transferring it, and asking for patience. Still, I won't combine the accounts until I see the August stays posted. My legacy MR account has everything correct.
August stays have not been dealt with yet. They will repost again for early August stays which were previously posted. Don't know how long it will take for stays which ended over the weekend or later. None of those have posted yet either--presumably as they wait to get the accounts settled and be sure all of the points coversions happen correctly before they push through the night/point credit.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Schweden
After merging my SPG and Marriott accounts, I was expecting my SPG points from my August Amex statement to show up. Yet, my account is still short and it's been nearly 2 weeks. When is an appropriate time to start prodding Amex?
After the September statement closes at the earliest.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Accounts merged after having issues with names (SPG account didn't have my 2nd last name). Now all SPG reservations are gone.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:01 pm

Tried again, seemed to work this time. Started from SPG login, said it was going to merge into my Rewards account, then I used the link to go the other way, and it continued, but showed the SPG profile info on the last screen. Looks like the new SPG account number survived.

LT nights etc all look ok, though no change in status yet.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Aug 21, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Does anyone know what happens to the orphaned SNA awards from our SPG accounts after we combine to our "old" Marriott Rewards #?

I combined my accounts 24 hours ago. Immediately the points and nights transferred. Sometime today the reservations from SPG transferred as well. However, I can only see SNAs if I login through the SPG app on my phone. The website no longer lets me login because my account has been transferred.

I'm _assuming_ SNAs transfer. I just don't know how they would be used on marriott.com. For example, one of the SPG reservations that transferred over didn't have an SNA attached to it. I now see no way to attach a request for a suite upgrade.

Thanks,
RM
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I combined my accounts and somethings worked, others not so much. Mobile app shows correct number of LT nights (807) but incorrect number of Years as PLT (says 14 when 11 is correct), LT status shows LTP not LTPP (though not sure that is supposed to happen yet?). Website shows only my SPG LT nights (725) and not my Marriott LT nights (82)....hopefully things will sort themselves out. Am I correct in recalling that the 1-time sweep of pre-merger SPG LTPs who have >750 nights getting the upgrade to LTPP won't happen until Jan'19?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I merged today. Similar problems to others but the total nights and lifetime info was correct.

Tonight a bunch of fixes have been applied. On the SPG app I can now see all reservations, the lifetime status is accurate and my current status dropped from Platinum Premier Elite to Platinum Elite, which is actually correct.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Elite years in combining accounts

It seems like elite years that came from the SPG/Marriott marching are being included in the new elite years (or the last few years all get counted twice)

Does anyone know if elite years (specifically the complimentary old Marriott Gold from the United-Marriott program) should be included in the total number of elite years?

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mduell
I can neither combine my accounts (not rolled out yet) nor login to my SPG account (password too long).

Uh, bang up job, guys.
Have you tried your Marriott login on your SPG account?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:10 pm

Name issue

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Accounts merged after having issues with names (SPG account didn't have my 2nd last name). Now all SPG reservations are gone.
How did you resolve the name issue? My SPG had my middle name for airline transfers, so I can’t merge as
names don’t match. I called in to the number given and on hold now for 45 minutes. (And it’s 10 pm pst!).
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.