Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:47 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by jmail1
The Cat 7 hotels are booking up fast and I can't do anything until I get my points.
As far as I know, barely anyone is able to book any points redemption so far, so you're not missing out.

They should have disable any point redemption function until end of month with redemption availability go live in batches according to the time zone of the local hotel,
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/merge/sign-in-merge.mi
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i started to link accounts, verified all the information & made it to the last step....but the accounts didn't combine....now when i go back to try again the link is greyed out....

Last edited by Keyser; Aug 20, 2018 at 11:52 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Man this is tiresome. My name is exactly the same in both of my profiles and when I go to link the accounts it is telling me the names do not match. They want me to call. Yeah, need to have a few spare hours to be on hold to do this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I could be wrong of course but one way Marriott IT could quantify the success of the account combination process is with the # combined accounts without any outstanding issue, i.e. any account holder opening a case # on a discrepancy (with respect to expected outcome). I would not be surprised that accounts that are released for combination needs to pass a set of regression tests, hence if no issue is raised post combination it would be considered a successfully migrated/merged/combined account.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by cruisr
Man this is tiresome. My name is exactly the same in both of my profiles and when I go to link the accounts it is telling me the names do not match. They want me to call. Yeah, need to have a few spare hours to be on hold to do this.
I was finally able to combine, but it was PAINFUL. I was also getting the "unprocessable condition" error before on my SPG account and was having issues logging into my old SPG account at all. None of the signing out worked, so for others, here's a tip: I realized it's possibly because my SPG password was too long, as SPG and Marriott had different password length limits. I had to reset the SPG password, navigate through some error outs there, before it finally stuck. THEN, I was able to get my new SPG number and start the merge process. Once that was done, it worked, though it showed as active once, then grayed out, then came back so not even simple with the combination steps. A couple things I noticed:
  • I have both the Marriott and SPG credit cards. My SPG 5 nights (AMEX nights) from this year were not included in my combined status nights, as others reported
  • The SPG app is showing all my reservations from both legacy systems. The Marriott site is showing the combined account but only legacy Marriott reservations
  • It correctly showed LT Gold (Marriott account alone) and now shows me as LT Plat after combining accounts. I could have sworn I should actually be a few nights short so it may be rescinded later until I make it
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: BonVoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Delta Plat, BA Bronze
The app worked. The website didn't.

Originally Posted by jonathansullivan
I used the above tool to combine accounts - the new Marriott mobile app now shows combined nights and points, but not the website.

I have two stays (one international, one domestic) from last week that I'm curious as to when they're going to post. It's been at least three business days for each, but I'm almost inclined to give it a full week for each before they register.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:32 pm

I keep getting this after going through the process.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Was able to merge. Points and nights show up immediately. Status is correct. However, all of my reservations from SPG are missing, I only see my existing Marriott reservations.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by greener_007
I used the above tool to combine accounts - the new Marriott mobile app now shows combined nights and points, but not the website.

I have two stays (one international, one domestic) from last week that I'm curious as to when they're going to post. It's been at least three business days for each, but I'm almost inclined to give it a full week for each before they register.
Same here, but I am glad that link above finally combined my accounts!

I had 2 domestic stays from last week, and ill give them a few days to post. If not then ill just call Marriott to get them to add them.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Finally got it to work. My status has not been updated though and I thought that was to be immediately. I was at 48 nights with Marriott and 6 with SPG which would put me at 54 and I thought I needed 50+ combjned to jump to the next level of Premier. I will wait to see what happens in the next 24-48 hours and I hope I dont need two more night at Marriott to het my 5 suite night upgrades as I have already made plans for their use. This whole merger has me ��
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I use the same email address for both Marriott and SPG

When i combined, i had to use my SPG number and password to access my SPG account

They combined again for the second time, but this time it displays combined lifetime totals etc
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by jonathansullivan
Maybe my case is a unicorn, but it worked completely painless:
  • The links in the first post still showed "coming soon", so I tried above direct link
  • Merged SPG to Marriott
  • I see the combined points and nights now in my Marriott.com profile
  • Same for the Marriott mobile app
  • Status has been upgraded to Platinum Premier Elite because I had 69 nights at Marriott and 7 nights at SPG
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:40 pm

Mine worked out just as well.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
Make sure you log out first and start fresh. I was able to combine and everything went ok, reservation intact, status intact... Good luck everyone. It will crash when thousands of people do this and may mess things up via the direct link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.