Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could the supervisor be saying (without explaining it well or even necessarily understanding the logical issues clearly) that status earned last year is different from status earned this year in terms of MR Plat > PP, so that earning MR Plat last year means staying Plat on that basis for the remainder of this year (through January 2019 when status earned during 2018 would expire) while earning MR Plat this year (good through January 2020) would mean being converted to PP? If so, I didn't notice this nuance in the rules, but I guess it's possible. IIRC the verbiage about possibly getting a higher status in the new program (based on activity in both MR and SPG) could be interpreted as applying to this year, the year that the programs are combined and not previous years. Otherwise could someone with some MR nights and some SPG nights during certain years in the distant past go back and claim a year of higher status, which would seem to be ridiculous.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GoPhils
I’m no IT guy, but I’d have to assume there is some code that shows the actual status people were including after challenges, status granting, etc., no? So the claim is that all the code or whatever is strictly based on nights stayed?
My guess would be that the coding got irretrievably messed up when they integrated the databases. They made a couple sweeps trying to fix the problem on a system-wide basis, but are not going back to look at individual cases. Instead, the cs agents just make up whatever they can think of to get you off the phone.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:09 pm

Issues with Lifetime Gold not upgrading to Lifetime Platinum

Originally Posted by ung1
Are there still people who had Marriott Gold before the merger which has now become Gold, instead of Platinum? It is now quite a while since the merger, no reply to email sent, and they don't pick up the phone. Don't have a stay for another month so not too miffed but wondering how this is going to be sorted out... Did make a lot of bookings for the second half of the year expecting to have Plat with the new program.
I am in that situation, but only with Lifetime Status. Achieved Marriott Lifetime Gold in July 2018, When program rolled around I was just Lifetime Gold in the new Program. Lifetime Gold in the Legacy Marriott program should have rolled over to Lifetime Platinum in the new Program. Called/Emailed and the Customer Service Rep always asked to wait. I would suggest calling and emailing until the problem gets resolved. You're not the only one.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
My guess would be that the coding got irretrievably messed up when they integrated the databases. They made a couple sweeps trying to fix the problem on a system-wide basis, but are not going back to look at individual cases. Instead, the cs agents just make up whatever they can think of to get you off the phone.
That's what it seems like to me. My nights total is somehow correct but I've lost valid stay credits that I had prior to the integration (anyone who used a 2x promo or booked multiple rooms at SPG hotels might have the same issue). The agents just say that it should all be fine in a week. Yeah, they said that 4 weeks ago and I don't believe them any more.

Smart play to code everything based on nights alone when one of the qualification options is via stays at SPG legacy brands (the route I was planning to take.. till a bunch of my stay credits vanished).
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I wrote to Marriott's online tech support about another issue (not being able to sign up for the promo), and actually got a response. So I replied to the email and tried to use simple words to say that my lifetime status was wrong. This quote below was the response in regards to the lifetime status issue. To be clear, I haven't had any stays with Marriott since June. So these totals were in place before the August 18 merge. I even attached a screen shot showing my LTP status in the legacy MR program back in July.

Upon further review, I show your account reflects 8xx Lifetime Nights and 2,xxx,xxx Lifetime points.

However, I'm sorry for any confusion while our system was updating with the merge of our programs and may have temporarily reflected incorrect information.

In addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018.

If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019.
So I guess I have to wait for the second sweep. But at least I have an email from Marriott showing my legacy totals. I will keep it in case the second sweep doesn't give me LTPP, either. It is annoying that the person responding to this obviously didn't read my email very well. The first line actually shows that I have already met the requirements.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:09 am

My account was just upgraded from Platinum (earned from a Taste of Platinum challenge completed prior to the merger) to PP! I wrote customer service an email a few days ago quoting from Marriott's own website that I should have been upgraded to PP. However, since Marriott never responded to my email I don't know if the email played any part in my upgrade.

I included the following reference in my email, hope it helps anyone in the same boat!

On Marriott's own website here: https://members.marriott.com/faq/#wh...s-be-in-august
"MARRIOTT REWARDS/THE RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS: Platinum Elite members receive Platinum Premier Elite status"
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
My account was just upgraded from Platinum (earned from a Taste of Platinum challenge completed prior to the merger) to PP!
Wow that's a minor miracle, congrats.

No change here.

They gave me non-responses to my first two emails. No response at all to my third.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:16 am

Smile

Originally Posted by Kacee
Wow that's a minor miracle, congrats.

No change here.

They gave me non-responses to my first two emails. No response at all to my third.
Wow, thanks, I'll pat myself on the back now.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Hyatt Discoverist / IHG Diamond / American Airlines Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
My account was just upgraded from Platinum (earned from a Taste of Platinum challenge completed prior to the merger) to PP! I wrote customer service an email a few days ago quoting from Marriott's own website that I should have been upgraded to PP. However, since Marriott never responded to my email I don't know if the email played any part in my upgrade.

I included the following reference in my email, hope it helps anyone in the same boat!
I have good news to report on my case! I got an email from customer service stating that as of today my account is now PPE. I had emailed them a few days ago with the same information as ilucdoco had emailed.

On a funny note, while both the app and website show this information correctly only the website shows my full account info correct. The app has my points and spend YTD way out of wack. The app says I have 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 USD right under my nights per year (what is this even supposed to signify??) and 24,416 USD to Ambassador (so the app thinks I have negative spend this year??). But since the website is all correct I bet this will get fixed at some point.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Tit, LTP;Omni Black;IHG Spire; Hyatt Glob
Just since yesterday I my status of a regular 'platinum' changed to PPE!
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Me too, just upgraded to PPE today after having called weeks ago. I was Platinum before the merger and was told I would be PPE after the merger for the rest of the year. This is important because I am in the middle of a big stay so the bigger bonus points make a difference.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Noticed mine changed in app and website to PP today. Had not called or emailed about it at all.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Did any of you who were recently changed to PPE earn your status last year via SPG stays (and thus had SPG Platinum 75 nights vs. earning through Marriott pre IT integration)? Mine is still stuck on Platinum...
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by n8-the-gr8
Mine is still stuck on Platinum...
I earned by MR challenge last year and am also still stuck.

Have cancelled a whole bunch of Marriott/SPG stays. At this point, I'm only doing points reservations plus stays at a few favorite properties (e.g., SGS) which have actually earned my loyalty. Hilton got three stays from me in September.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by n8-the-gr8
Did any of you who were recently changed to PPE earn your status last year via SPG stays (and thus had SPG Platinum 75 nights vs. earning through Marriott pre IT integration)? Mine is still stuck on Platinum...
Hi~~ Same here, Pt 75 -> Plat only, Lifetime Gold correctly recognized now

I've drawn the attention of Starwood Lurker on this problem... He said the team is aware of this problem but is still trying to fix it (or at all.... Guess even he doesn't know if the IT department is interested in fixing this at all)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.