Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account youre logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Heres how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by Well Red
The irony of this is I'm a legacy MR customer. So there shouldn't be Data Import/Conversion issues. Almost two months now with no fix.

Update: It appears that the reason is because my first year as PLAT with Marriott,I did I challenge. I then proceeded to continue staying and earned many nights that year. But, because I did the challenge, that year seems to be causign the trouble. Plus, there is just apparently no record of the following couple years statuses... Despite staying 75+ every year after. As others are saying, it appears it was the Platinum challenge that mucked stuffup. *sigh*
I think that this is my issue too. Years ago (2012) as a gold, I did the ‘taste of platinum’ or whatever its called. Ever since I’ve earned platinum by having 75+ qualifying nights... and none of these years are included in my count. I’m not optimistic. My email to them about the situation was returned with a form letter. I have moved all stays since 8/18 to the competition.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:05 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It won't. Perhaps at the end of the year we're promised...
I am in the same situation of not having seen my number of years Platinum increase when I hit 50 nights this year, but I am tentatively taking Marriott's word for it that it'll be updated at year-end.

Can anyone else confirm, do lifetime nights also not update? I hadn't been paying close attention but I don't think my lifetime night counter has increased in the past few months after many stays (which did post for regular activity). I'm not sure if any of my 2018 activity is included in the lifetime total or not, but if none of it is, I may be within closer striking distance of LTPP than I had previously anticipated. Debating whether it is worth doing some mattress running to reach for it ...
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
My lifetime nights update with each stay. It works for both my SPG and my Marriott account.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flandery
My lifetime nights update with each stay. It works for both my SPG and my Marriott account.
That's what I've been seeing too.

For people who haven't seen the lifetime Plat years/nights change, did you achieve Plat before or after August 18th? And is it Plat from MR, Plat from SPG, or Plat in the new combined problem that's at issue?

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Nov 7, 2018 at 9:20 am
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:00 am

number of elite years have changed (upwards) lately
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
Thanks for the update. Mine just (within the last day or two) jumped. I now have the years I thought I should have. However, even though I have over 10 years of platinum and over 750 nights, I am still only showing gold lifetime. I thought that it was only PP that had to wait for the update, not regular platinum lifetime.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:03 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I guess I am seeing my lifetime nights changing after all, now that I am watching more closely. I could swear it hasn't grown as much as it should have since the start of the year, but I really don't have any way to know for sure. And I won't make LTPP but am over 600 nights so I guess it really doesn't matter.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
I got two additional years on my stats. With all that's been written and said about how to calculate the years, I can't see that this is correct. One maybe, two no. But hey, it puts me only some nights short of LTP...
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Thanks for the update. Mine just (within the last day or two) jumped. I now have the years I thought I should have. However, even though I have over 10 years of platinum and over 750 nights, I am still only showing gold lifetime. I thought that it was only PP that had to wait for the update, not regular platinum lifetime.
Did the year counter move because you renewed your status or did it move because of an ex-post amendment of the year count.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by X-ON
Did the year counter move because you renewed your status or did it move because of an ex-post amendment of the year count.
I have not moved the counter since prior to the consolidation. In other words, I qualified for platinum with both SPG and Marriott in 2018 prior to August 18th. When my years of status became available, they were several years short of where I thought they should be. Those "missing years" have now been added to my total.

BTW, my total only makes sense if both years (SPG and Marriott) of 2018 qualification have been included in the total.

Last edited by Ord Liza; Nov 7, 2018 at 5:38 pm Reason: add info on 2018
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
BTW, my total only makes sense if both years (SPG and Marriott) of 2018 qualification have been included in the total.
That seems to be one potential common theme. I do not personally expect my LT year counter to increment at the conclusion of 2018, just hoping it doesn't decrement too much!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
That seems to be one potential common theme. I do not personally expect my LT year counter to increment at the conclusion of 2018, just hoping it doesn't decrement too much!
You and me both!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I certainly hope mine would increase at least one year since I have requalifed for PP post combining of accounts with 75+ nights at legacy SPG brands. I guess you can only hope.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by X-ON
I certainly hope mine would increase at least one year since I have requalifed for PP post combining of accounts with 75+ nights at legacy SPG brands. I guess you can only hope.
If you were Plat earlier, why would you expect another year for making PP?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
Looks like my lifetime years just increased this morning. It shows up on both the app and on https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi.

I'm not really sure why since I had my 50 nights months ago and I didn't even have any stays last week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.