Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LF72
Please expound on the laundry service.
That's asking a lot for a guy who merely mentioned it was a block away.
'expound' = to explain or defend an argument by setting forth in careful and often elaborate detail

I expect you meant to say 'expand'. Although I do like the thought of someone expounding the virtues of a nearby laundry service
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by LF72
Please expound on the laundry service.
Small mom and pop shop in the neighboring mall literally a block away. They charge by the kilo, and offer next day service. I can't recall the exact pricing, but we did about 20lbs for $15.
LF72 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Thanks all for the feedback. Regarding beds in either marriott, what do you suggest for 2 adults and a 7 year old child.

King bed and a rollaway? or some other configuration ?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by k3nnis
Thanks all for the feedback. Regarding beds in either marriott, what do you suggest for 2 adults and a 7 year old child.

King bed and a rollaway? or some other configuration ?
k3nnis, please don't get me wrong, but I would feel very uneasy to comment on sharing or not sharing a bed with your wife...
I am also confident that you have a preference for the sleeping location of your daughter...

Just let your and your family's preferences guide you...
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:42 am

Thanks. Guess what I’m always on the floor lol
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:31 am

k3nnis: Thanks. Guess what I’m always on the floor lol
In this case I recommend you indulge in the splendor of a rollaway bed
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by funkbandit
In this case I recommend you indulge in the splendor of a rollaway bed
lol. Any ideas what they charge for a rollaway?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Best hotel for 21-hour stay in Singapore?

My wife and I will pass through Singapore on a Saturday this November, arriving about 6 am from Johannesburg and then departing about 3 am Sunday for LAX (the routing is a long, award-related story). Even after freshening up at the airport upon arrival (in an SQ premium cabin, so decently rested) and perhaps bopping around the airport a bit since we like it, we'd probably be at the hotel by 8 or 9. We've been to Singapore before, so might opt to just hang out at the hotel for the day, until about midnight.

Right now I have a room reserved at the Westin because it has a decent lounge (with adjoining outside pool area) we can hang out in if we can't check in very early. But it occurs to me that, with the same Platinum status at Marriott, I should consider Marriott options as well.

I realize that it's very unlikely a hotel would give us a room that early unless we got lucky, so is there any particular Marriott property that would be best to kill time at through the morning and even early afternoon, such as simply hanging out and perhaps snoozing by the pool? While there's a chance we'd go out for lunch or dinner, visit the Botanical Gardens or otherwise wander around for a few hours, our priority would be just a comfortable place to relax before and after we check into the room.

I also understand that weekends tend to be busier at Singapore hotels, with weddings and other functions. So if there are any that are less likely to be jammed on a Saturday, I'd appreciate knowing about that.

For what it's worth, I'd likely book with points and am also interested in how Platinums tend to be treated.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I would not recommend the Westin as it is in a business area that is rather sterile though will likely have a room open on a Saturday given its primary customers are business travelers. I would pick either of the Marriotts, St. Regis or Vagabond Club.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I am not a fan of the Marriott. They also tend to be very stingy with UGs.

Just to throw it out there, I have stayed in the Airport Hotel and it is not bad. Twenty-one hours might be a little long, but not having to leave security is nice. The rooms are nice and large for an airport hotel, but there are no windows in the room. Security and immigration tend to be pretty quick in Singapore and nothing is too far away by car, but just thought you might want the information for consideration.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:34 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
And just to throw on to staying at the airport, there is a movie theater and quite a few different things to do/see. Check out: 16 Secret Things To Do At Changi Airport That Will Make You Want To Visit Early - TheSmartLocal

One additional thought, are you a 75-night SPG Plat? Not sure what the benefits will be post "Merger" this weekend, but you might be able to make use of the Your24 benefit. It might allow you to check-in very early and since your stay is less than 24 hours, you don't have to worry about check-out time.

Last edited by hhoope01; Aug 17, 2018 at 7:44 am
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
The St regis is nice, but for such a short stay could be pricey.
Westin location is so so for such short stay.
Marriot downtown has great location for shopping.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I am not sure why people are dissing Westin location.
Granted they are in the CBD and not in the heart of shopping, but they have easy access from downtown mrt station.

One stop away from mbs, 2 stops away from China Town
If u really need shopping suntec city is 2 stops and bugis is 3 stops away.
Orchard road is really a largely overrated location these days, but if one really need to be there, a short walk to raffles mrt, and orchard road is just 3-4stops away from there.
rick253 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by shevboyz
I am not sure why people are dissing Westin location.
Granted they are in the CBD and not in the heart of shopping, but they have easy access from downtown mrt station.

One stop away from mbs, 2 stops away from China Town
If u really need shopping suntec city is 2 stops and bugis is 3 stops away.
Orchard road is really a largely overrated location these days, but if one really need to be there, a short walk to raffles mrt, and orchard road is just 3-4stops away from there.
you are right. So in this case the Sheraton can be an option too if money is a problem
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I like the St. Regis. It's close to the Botanic Garden. But note the pool does not get much sun. I did not like the JW at all.

What about the W? More of a resort atmosphere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.