Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Luxury Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Amex Luxury Credit Card

Looks like there are going to be limits on the ability to get the bonus on this upcoming new card.....

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....-credit-cards/

Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Luxury Card eligibility ($450 annual fee)

You won’t be eligible for a bonus if you currently have or have had any of the following cards in the last 30 days:
  • The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card from JP Morgan
OR have acquired any of the following cards from Chase in the last 90 days:
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card from Chase
OR have received a welcome or upgrade offer for any of the following cards from Chase in the last 24 months:
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card from Chase
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:11 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
If Chase & AMEX major US banks can win the war on Churning, it will encourage more honest behavior and less overhead and less attrition. Our credit card rewards in Canada are rather weak but our banks not yet implement those anti-churning tactics. US is far in advance is giving better credit card benefits and more advance anti-churning techniques that Canada should take a page out of.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
Looks like a high priced card severely lacking in perks.. I am not a fan of Hilton Honors, but the Hilton Aspire Amex Card appears to offer better benefits than this one. At least you get Diamond status with the card. It would be nice to get Platinum status here. I have the SPG personal and Business Amex cards and the old versions of the Chase Marriott visa personal and business cards. At least 2 of them, maybe 3 need to go now. I was hoping to see better benefits with the Luxury card and to switch to it but maybe not.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Litig8r1104
Looks like a high priced card severely lacking in perks.
Pretty much.
Originally Posted by Litig8r1104
I am not a fan of Hilton Honors, but the Hilton Aspire Amex Card appears to offer better benefits than this one.
Not even close. Aspire can make sense if you only do a handful of Hilton stays per year. SPG doesn't really pencil out for most of us.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:10 pm

the new LUXURY CARD

saw this today.....didn't know if this had been on here before or not..
if so--my apologies

Platinum with 75 K (wow)

Marriott Rewards Credit Cards

Last edited by ezron; Aug 21, 2018 at 12:14 pm Reason: mistake
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Great benefits but I assume it is only available to US residents like many. Oh well we can dream.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
I believe this is being released on the 23rd correct? and the new rules for bonus qualification dont kick in until the 26th? So that means we have a 3 day window to get the card even if we have the Chase Marriott card?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:35 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
I believe this is being released on the 23rd correct? and the new rules for bonus qualification dont kick in until the 26th? So that means we have a 3 day window to get the card even if we have the Chase Marriott card?
That would be a very strange loophole but if true then that would be the only reason I will apply for any of these cards.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Can someone get the bonus if they have the normal SPG Amex?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.