Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay, CA, USA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 5:22 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Who has stayed here and what did you think?

What level room do you recommend?

If you had access to the club lounge, was it worth it? Some of the better rooms are not in the main building. Is the club lounge in the main building? And if so, does that change your view on what room to choose?

How much is parking?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I stayed here in September. I think the lowest level rooms are in the separate buildings near the pool. We had a Club Level Room- using the free upgrade certificate from the Ritz Carlton Credit Card. We had a room that looked north and had a view of the ocean to the side. The room was very nice but a little small. The food and drink was quite extensive in the Club Lounge and offered more than enough food for our stay- we did not eat in nay of the restaurants. We celebrated our anniversary there and the hotel went of their way in placing rose petals in the room and giving us some chocolate covered strawberries. There was a nice bar with firepits outside. The spa was nice and use is included with the resort fee. Parking was $25 or 30 - I had a small problem and was comped the parking. Any questions let me knowl
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, that was very helpful. I, too, got the Chase credit card with upgrades. That has me looking at Ritz Carltons, a brand I had ignored til now.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

What would you choose? And does the hotel upgrade if you have Marriott platinum?
  • $465 - Guest House
  • $485 - Deluxe room
  • $525 - Coastal View Guest Room

My plan is to use my upgrade from my credit card to get club access.

More musing: I see the Guest House is indeed in a separate building. Thus, I can eliminate it. Is it worth it to spend $40 additional for a water view in the dead of winter?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Update: I made a booking and called in to attach my credit card upgrade cert. The agent rebooked me into the $465 room, then upgraded it to a coastal view room with club access. i'm now paying $465+ for their $675 club room. I like it.

Resort fee is $25/day.

Parking is an eye watering $45/day, whether valet or self.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 10, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:17 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Very good deal. You'll enjoy the hotel (and the Club Level).

You just have to surrender to RC parking fees.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay: any reports?

We had a one bedroom suite, club level, coastal view, and it was incredible. This hotel is absolutely one of my favorites. Service was fantastic, lounge offerings were perfect, and the scenery couldn't be beat.

I would stay in the main hotel though and not the cottages.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum/,Lifetime Silver Hertz Presidents
Just wondering if you can go to the hotel for a drink and walk the property and see the views? Would you still have to pay a parking fee?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by intheairagain
Just wondering if you can go to the hotel for a drink and walk the property and see the views? Would you still have to pay a parking fee?
I would do this all the time (I'd have drinks (and/or one of their "Smores" kits) by the fire pits and enjoy the great view). Parking was complimentary, believe it or not (just tipped 'em).
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:12 pm

A little late but:

There are free ($0) parking spots in the garage designated for coastal access.

At the guard house, let them know you are just there to go for a walk along the ocean and they will give you access to the parking garage.

After your (beautiful!) walk, I am sure they will not mind if you come in for a drink as well.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:42 pm

Bump this thread!

I realized the self parking at guest house are free, while the rooms in the main building don't get free parking at all. Is there anyway to park at the self parking over at the guest house and walk back to the room in the main building? Also, what rooms will be better to stay ? Main building or guest house for the lowest level room?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booking two night in August for the husband and myself. Looking to relax and not do much. (Going straight from running a half marathon in Monterey) Regular rooms at hotel are 435 + 45 for parking- 480, Guesthouse rooms with patio and private firepit are 495, free parking. Any particular reason to avoid guest house? Having our own firepit for the evenings sounds nice.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 11:19 am

I stayed here last summer and booked the guesthouse room to save on parking. When I arrived they had moved me to the main hotel and comped my parking. Not sure if they needed the guesthouse room for someone else or if it was due to status.

Overall, great location for a relaxing weekend.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Club level @ Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay ~ Worth it?

Hey there!

My wife and I are staying at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay next weekend for our anniversary. We have stayed there a few times in the past, and when I initially booked the rooms, I thought it would be fun to stay on the club level. I've heard that the club level has great food / alcohol throughout the day, but now as it gets closer, I'm thinking... we get in on Friday afternoon, and we're going to leave on Sunday afternoon. We have reservations at Navio for Sunday (can't miss that!), and we'll probably want to leave the property for dinner on Friday and/or Saturday...

Looking for advice here... we like going to some of the cute restaurants in Half Moon Bay for dinner... does that make the $200 / night upcharge for the club level not worth it? We do like to drink a couple cocktails, but we're certainly not going to make it worth it on alcohol. Is the food in the club lounge better than in the restaurants on the property?

I'm happy to splurge a bit and pay for the club lounge, but I'm just not sure it's even worth it, and I don't want to be a lounge rat all weekend, as it's so nice to get beers outside on their patio.

Anyhow, if people with experience with their club lounge could chime in, I'd be very appreciative! THANKS!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
For $200/night, no, not worth it. Take that, go grab a nice bottle of wine, and some apps at a great restaurant...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.