Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Litig8r1104
I combined and my Lifetime nights are 1108 and 13 years of Platinum but the system says I am only LTP not LTPP. What gives?
Unless you were grandfathered in from Marriott Rewards, if you hit this via merging accounts you'll likely have to wait until January 2019 to be notified of LTPP.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Has anyone here checked in at a legacy Starwood property since August 18?
Was there any mention or acknowledgement of status (and was it correct?), and of LT status (and was it correct?)?
I checked into LM BKK on Aug 19 and all was fine, aside from occupancy preventing a suite upgrade and the previous allowance of points amenity and breakfast being nixed.

Then again, I'm a repeat guest so would be in their system anyway.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Sheraton HK: no recognition - asked for my old SPG #
Athenee BKK: no recognition
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by shuuy
Sheraton HK: no recognition - asked for my old SPG #
Athenee BKK: no recognition
Ugh. Glad I don't have much activity for the time being.
Did things eventually get sorted out re your "Starriott" status?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
I was hoping that since my combined activity surpassed the LTPP requirements BEFORE 08/18 that it would be instant. I guess it doesn't really matter if I get it in Jan 2019 because I am PP for this year anyway,
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
I was hoping that since my combined activity surpassed the LTPP requirements BEFORE 08/18 that it would be instant. I guess it doesn't really matter if I get it in Jan 2019 because I am PP for this year anyway,
No, you're correct--we were told it would be instant to PP, if we qualified for LTTP from a solo program (Marriott or SPG) prior to 8/18. I'm sure they didn't expect their IT guys to bumble the merger of the back-end systems this much, but this is a mess.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Originally Posted by swag
Method 1 (web):
1. Log into website
2. Then go here: https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi
Great find & post; thanks for this.
Reduces my anxiety around this a bit, as the proper Starriott websites are just going nuts right now, but this shows me in the clear for LTPP

Your lifetime statistics
Nights: 834
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 17
Years as Gold or Platinum: 14
Years as Platinum: 11
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:01 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
On the new SPG app I show as Lifetime Platinum but 1047 Nights and 14 years Platinum.

So shouldn’t I be Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by DCF
On the new SPG app I show as Lifetime Platinum but 1047 Nights and 14 years Platinum.

So shouldn’t I be Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite?
If I understand correctly the only accounts which will be LTPP immediately are existing MR LTP accounts. The rest of us have to wait until the end of the year, there have been not been any real reason presented for this, my guess is that because this is such an ad-hoc (once off) procedure that MAR did not want to include it in the permanent IT solution for the new program.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
one more here, 13 years and >860 nights with SPG, but only LTP and not LTPP....haven't yet merged accounts...so guess will wait a bit and see if things clear up.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
I wasn't qualified from a solo program....was only LTG with 550 plus nights and 7 years Plat in SPG and 550 plus nights and 6 years Plat in MR before the merger. What I meant was I completed more than the required COMBINED amount to get LTPP before the merger but I guess it still did not fall within their revised ways to get it before Jan 2019. I am PP this year though and am hoping that my combined totals will get me LTPP in January. I am still not clear on whether or not I will.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:07 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Before cutover day, I had 702 SPG nights and 14 years Plat; and 257 MR nights. I was finally able to combine accounts on Tuesday. System now, correctly, showing 959 total nights and 17 years Plat. I appreciate that Marriott is giving folks to the end of 2018 to qualify for Plat. Prem.; but, Marriott, do those of us who were already so qualified by August 18, have to wait for four months for recognition of their qualified level?

Granted that there are key website functionalities still OTS, like recent SPG stays not showing and future reservations showing and disappearing depending on the hour and day. But I'd hope that within 30 days, Marriott can run a sweep to at least recognize those at least on the website and app who already qualified for LT Plat. Premier. I'd settle for that....
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Before cutover day, I had 702 SPG nights and 14 years Plat; and 257 MR nights. I was finally able to combine accounts on Tuesday. System now, correctly, showing 959 total nights and 17 years Plat. I appreciate that Marriott is giving folks to the end of 2018 to qualify for Plat. Prem.; but, Marriott, do those of us who were already so qualified by August 18, have to wait for four months for recognition of their qualified level?

Granted that there are key website functionalities still OTS, like recent SPG stays not showing and future reservations showing and disappearing depending on the hour and day. But I'd hope that within 30 days, Marriott can run a sweep to at least recognize those at least on the website and app who already qualified for LT Plat. Premier. I'd settle for that....
So aside from not showing Lifetime, all other post-combined information looks correct to you?

And yes, my understanding based on what I've seen here on FT is that the already-SPGLPT750's were supposed to be immediately grandfathered, IIRC.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I wasn't qualified from a solo program....was only LTG with 550 plus nights and 7 years Plat in SPG and 550 plus nights and 6 years Plat in MR before the merger. What I meant was I completed more than the required COMBINED amount to get LTPP before the merger but I guess it still did not fall within their revised ways to get it before Jan 2019. I am PP this year though and am hoping that my combined totals will get me LTPP in January. I am still not clear on whether or not I will.
You will be fine - a lot of us just have to wait another 4-5 months. You'll be LTPP w/ the associated PP benefits (sans 75 night gift).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Similar to others, showing as LTP after combining accounts, although showing PPE as my current status, which would make sense as I'm a former SPG Ambassador. Nights are correct (or about correct) at just short of 1,400. Interesting, and somewhat hysterical, are my Years of Silver, Gold, Platinum showing as 27, 23, 22. I've been an SPG plat for about 13 years, but have not maintained Marriott status at a level that would indicate almost 30 years of status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.