Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by puntamita
So Marriott Lifetime Plat with the grandfathered requirements will be the only ones to get upgraded to LPPE this month. Odd
Easiest for the dodgy IT to handle

if they aren’t currently an annual PP, they will get to enjoy their PP benefits a bit earlier than everyone else
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
So Marriott Lifetime Plat with the grandfathered requirements will be the only ones to get upgraded to LPPE this month. Odd
As someone working in IT, it's zero surprise to me when the legacy (winning) IT has advantages over the import. Sometimes for people running the software this is certain brands that ran the software at retail, but in the case of hotels and loyalty programs, it's that certain member cases "win" or "lose" in terms of processing priority.

A lot of us MR Plat legacy/new MR (LT)PP are still showing at the 50 night level and it clearly hasn't been the most prioritized part of the merger.

I'm not mad. I understand, just waiting for a fix.
puntamita likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Medved
I don't even see any reference to LT status. At least my nights and points count seems to be OK.
I only see my lifetime nights under Activity -> Details. Nothing about lifetime years or lifetime status. Are we supposed to see lifetime years somewhere?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
SPG had the "No connecting door" option as a room preference... Starriott no longer has it on the current "growing pains" websites.

I'm having problems with the mobile apps... wanted to see if my LTPPE designation is on them.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This happened to me. 923 nights, 17 (combined) years as PLT. I'm only LTP now, but at some point I should be LTPP.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by RichMSN
This happened to me. 923 nights, 17 (combined) years as PLT. I'm only LTP now, but at some point I should be LTPP.
Most of us are not even LTP in system. I have over 1000 nights and 14 years with spg. Says I am working toward silver
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Most of us are not even LTP in system. I have over 1000 nights and 14 years with spg. Says I am working toward silver
This only happened after the merge.

Note: I was not given the offer to merge until I opened a Chrome Incognito window and logged in. I chose to keep the Marriott number and not the new SPG number they gave me.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Simon
Apologies if this is a dumb question, but this is all very hard to follow, especially with Marriott constantly flipping things around.

Is there any way to know whether MR + SPG nights have actually combined? On the Marriott site this morning, it is showing me as lifetime Platinum elite (I was lifetime gold previously) with 667 stays. SPG claims 370 nights and that I am on my way to the next tier of Silver elite (of course.)

I have NOT combined accounts, I had previously linked them.

Does this mean I should actually have 1037 nights and hence LTPP, or have they possibly already combined them? I honestly cannot remember how many Marriott stays I had before moving to SPG some years back.
If you have not combined accounts, you accounts should not show combined account numbers.

When you combine accounts, your combined account will show combined account numbers.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by djsusm
Should I contact Marriott or wait for a bit for them to iron out the kinks and see if things get resolved in the next few days?
The latter.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
So my android phone apps:
spg app shows legacy MR number, lt silver and MR stays for the year
MR app shows the same, but with MR logos

PC, who knows, cant log the heck in.

Now the cool part.
Ipad,
SPG app is almost correct, point total tripled, yers as a plat correct, correct night count
But only shows me as a silver.

MR app shows same as android
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by etsmyers
Now the cool part.
Ipad,
SPG app is almost correct, point total tripled, yers as a plat correct, correct night count
But only shows me as a silver.
I'm SPGLTP1725.
I'm showing the same characteristics as you on my iPad SPG App.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
1) I really wish that I could've kept my original SPG number.

2) I combined both accounts, and my MR number is listed as the acct number.

3) My combined totals show 807 nights & 11yrs Plat. (Which i actually have 12 Plat.) But my Lifetime Status shows "Lifetime Platinum Elite".

I really don't want to wait until January.... to get LTPP. Am I missing something or is that what us Legacy LTP SPG members need to do? Wait until January?

**Edited**
Now that i went upstream and read more of the this long thread.... i now understand that because I didn't have 750+ SPG nights. but rather 750 combined..... that's why i have to wait until January.
RogerD408 and MSPeconomist like this.

Last edited by travelista; Aug 20, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
The SPG app is accurate with number of nights and years for lifetime status
LTP is shown - I'd expect an update to LTPP coming up the next days

Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LH738
The SPG app is accurate with number of nights and years for lifetime status
LTP is shown - I'd expect an update to LTPP coming up the next days

In terms number of LT nights, like some others here, my LT night totals currently show as "expected-to-date" + "nights YTD"... with the "nights YTD" being too many extra. This is only one error that I won't be upset if it doesn't get fixed.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by travelista
Now that i went upstream and read more of the this long thread.... i now understand that because I didn't have 750+ SPG nights. but rather 750 combined..... that's why i have to wait until January.
I earned lifetime platinum entirely through SPG (and qualified for SPG LT Plat in 2018, before August). However I only show Platinum Elite at this point...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.