Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by damon88
I have only had an Ambassador for a few months but I have to say I love the service and would definitely be incentivized to add more stays to hit 100 if I was close.

My Ambassador called me yesterday proactively just to make sure that all of my issues had been resolved and to discuss a game plan on getting my points refunded
on 2 upcoming Cat 8 award stays. (It is more complicated because I booked Specialty Select instead of Standard)

I had several issues that she made certain were resolved. She had tracked down the points transfer that was initiated on 8/16 and made sure it credited as of 8/17 so that it wouldn't be over the new Marriott limit (it was 34,000 Starpoints) She issued a refund of points for my stay in Anchorage 8/17-8/19. Somehow because it happened during the changeover I was charged double.

Aside from our actual Ambassadors, we have the new benefits for Ambassador Elites. I am happy to see the post above regarding the upgrade at the Ritz Carlton Geneva.

I will start including Ritz Carltons if they give better recognition.
T&C for the new combined program say that PPs have upgrades at RCs as a published benefit. This does not require Ambassador status, although those with Ambassadors may get priority.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
T&C for the new combined program say that PPs have upgrades at RCs as a published benefit. This does not require Ambassador status, although those with Ambassadors may get priority.
Certainly, although currently, the property does not know if a guest has ambassador status unless (a) the ambassador contacts the property usually at the behest of the property or (b) the legacy Marriott property (SPG properties don't have this info) notices the code M0 at the end of the guest info field.

As far as I can tell, the abbreviations on the website that drive the pictures showing our status have not changed anything at the property level. One more stay this week but the two legacy MR properties have both have confirmed that they aren't seeing anything different although both knew I was an X4.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:58 am

Just hit Ambassador today. How long will it take for 'My Ambassador" to give me a call? How long will it take for the hotels to see I am a ambassador when I check in? Just trying to get a time table and what to expect!
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Just hit Ambassador today. How long will it take for 'My Ambassador" to give me a call? How long will it take for the hotels to see I am a ambassador when I check in? Just trying to get a time table and what to expect!
I wouldn't get too excited for the rest of this year, as it seems the service is backlogged.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Apparently forever to be contacted.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Don't hold your breath. I qualified when I merged accounts but I'm still waiting to be contacted. I have quite a few reservations coming up where I would like to use Your24 but can't do that till I get assigned an Ambassador.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands
Don't hold your breath. I qualified when I merged accounts but I'm still waiting to be contacted. I have quite a few reservations coming up where I would like to use Your24 but can't do that till I get assigned an Ambassador.
Have you tried the Plat line? As long as you have the 100+ nights, they should be able (willing is another question) to help.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Have you tried the Plat line? As long as you have the 100+ nights, they should be able (willing is another question) to help.
It's 100+ nights and $20,000+ spend since he/she qualified with merged accounts.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I did. Unfortunately they were unable to help. They told me that only an Ambassador can make a Your24 request and I would have to wait to be assigned one. One of the agents was willing to send a request to the property for the late Your24 checkout, explaining that I was waiting to be assigned an Ambassador so I was unable to place a request officially. But she did say that it would only be a request from her end and the property had the right to refuse.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's 100+ nights and $20,000+ spend since he/she qualified with merged accounts.
I'm a she.

I've actually qualified both ways now. I had 92 SPG nights and 10 MR nights when I merged accounts, along with $27,000 spending. Now I've crossed 100 SPG nights for the year.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I made Ambassador at the merger and my Ambassador called me yesterday. We talked about some upcoming stays, likes and dislikes. She then emailed me some additional info. She seems like she is on the ball and time will tell.
C17PSGR, damon88 and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
As others have noted, there appears to be a backlog (I've had an ambassador who retired on 8/31 and don't have a replacement). In general, a hotel will not see that you have an ambassador unless they understand all of the code in Marsha. For example, I'm on my third Marriott/Renn of the week -- two of them welcomed me as a PPE and one welcomed me as a Plat. They all said they haven't seen any changes to the Marsha data so they just see X4.

Of course, one of our regular posters has a highly engaged ambassador who seems to reach out to many of the properties where he stays.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
My ambassador, who I’ve had for 2 years, has gone missing. No returned emails or phone calls since last week. No contact from the global team either. Just silence.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by estedman
I made Ambassador at the merger and my Ambassador called me yesterday. We talked about some upcoming stays, likes and dislikes. She then emailed me some additional info. She seems like she is on the ball and time will tell.
Nice! Ask her if she wants to take on some more clients
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:54 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
At my first post merger stay last week at the new Westin Carlsbad Resort the FDC welcomed me as an Ambassador guest. My Ambassador did not call. The FDC said she could see my status on her screen “as a note.” I am guessing the hotels still get their daily lists and Room Control made the notes.
C17PSGR and bhrubin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.