Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by smgainey
You got your ambassador already? I have 163 nights this year and have spent over $23,000 this year, but my status is incorrectly listed as Platinum Premier Elite but doesn't list Ambassador. It used to list Ambassador but not anymore. I have contacted Marriott about this because I'm hoping my ambassador can help me with an upcoming reservation.
The app and website have been going back and forth over the past week for me ... currently, the Marriott website and app shows me as PPE+A and the SPG app shows me as PPE.

Hope you get yours updated soon! When you do hear from your ambassador, please share what you hear ... so we understand what to expect. For example, a number of legacy SPG folks says they received a questionaire when they hit the threshold but I don't remember it when I was invited under the legacy MR program.
smgainey likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
You got your ambassador already?
My ambassador carries forward from legacy SPG and so we already have a direct line of communication. My status post-combining briefly reflected AMB status, no longer does.

Just FYI, don't put too much stock in what an ambassador can accomplish - especially right now with all of the chaos. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss having one after not qualifying in '18 for '19, but there are limits to what they can accomplish and, depending on your specific ambassador, YMMV wildly.
smgainey likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:48 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I have only had an Ambassador for a few months and she has been awesome- and has always promptly responded to my emails. I emailed her on 8/19 and then headed into Denali National Park where I was unplugged for 5 days. On the 24th when I had internet again I combined accounts which correctly lists me as PPE with Ambassador (I have 157 nights YTD). I was surprised she hadn’t responded to my email so I emailed again. And again yesterday. And today. And crickets. So weird

I will try calling her tomorrow.

Anyone else with this this issue?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by damon88
I have only had an Ambassador for a few months and she has been awesome- and has always promptly responded to my emails. I emailed her on 8/19 and then headed into Denali National Park where I was unplugged for 5 days. On the 24th when I had internet again I combined accounts which correctly lists me as PPE with Ambassador (I have 157 nights YTD). I was surprised she hadn’t responded to my email so I emailed again. And again yesterday. And today. And crickets. So weird

i had been going back and forth with my ambassador with an issue since before the merger and after the merger i was getting email replies from her OR someone else on the team saying that they were stepping in to help my ambassador on that day, despite the emails coming on days / times when she works (unless she took off for a VERY unusual schedule since she would occasionally reply too). many of the replies from the other ambassador reps seemed awful copy/paste to me.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:14 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by damon88

I did not email as often as you did, but I can also say that my ambassador was quick to respond before and now it's been many days with nothing. Very unusual. I need to follow up tonight.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Just FYI, don't put too much stock in what an ambassador can accomplish - especially right now with all of the chaos. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss having one after not qualifying in '18 for '19, but there are limits to what they can accomplish and, depending on your specific ambassador, YMMV wildly.
At this point, all I really care about is her dealing with the craptastic IT issues (so I don't have to) and getting me my 300K points back w/existing rate reductions...I don't need a welcome snack in my room
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:45 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by frenchft
I have to be honest. 2 stays this the merger In Marriott properties and had the best upgrade ever in those properties (recurring guest and had to fight for a room with a view upgrade in the past).

Sounfs that in both cases the reservation and front desk was kind of impressed to be contacted by ambassodor prior the stay. They both told me that it’s first time they have someone calling them prior to stay.

Lets hope this will last and that spg ambassador will continue to make it happens even at Marriott properties.
Can we ask what properties they were and what the upgrades were? I think specifics are very helpful.

I’m also entertained that both Marriott hotels were so impressed to be contacted by an Ambassador...and that contact clearly made a major difference in both hotel experience. Some others continue to believe the only way to recognize elite status is through an automated code at the front desk. Clearly, that wasn’t the case here; your Ambassador contacted the hotels and had major impact, you still had tremendous recognition and still got impressive upgrades. Go figure.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
App says I still need another $9,500 for next year. Boo.

Web site says I have already earned it through Jan 2020. Yea!

Gotta love Marriott IT.
Same issue here. I currently have AMB but I expected the SPG website to tell me it's until end of 2018, because I do no have 100 SPG nights in 2018 yet. I am over 100 nights SPG+Marriott but spend is not over 20k yet. But website says AMB until end of 2019.

If I log in to my Marriott account however it says current status PP but no AMB.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by escape4
Same issue here. I currently have AMB but I expected the SPG website to tell me it's until end of 2018, because I do no have 100 SPG nights in 2018 yet. I am over 100 nights SPG+Marriott but spend is not over 20k yet. But website says AMB until end of 2019.

If I log in to my Marriott account however it says current status PP but no AMB.
im in the same boat as you - the weird thing is my YTD nights is lower than it should be, thanks to some missing nights, but even with the nights i wouldnt have re-qualified yet. BUT if i look at the 'progress' pie chart that shows my YTD stays it says ive already got 100+ nights.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
You got your ambassador already? I have 163 nights this year and have spent over $23,000 this year, but my status is incorrectly listed as Platinum Premier Elite but doesn't list Ambassador. It used to list Ambassador but not anymore. I have contacted Marriott about this because I'm hoping my ambassador can help me with an upcoming reservation.
I had the same thing happen. On 08/20/2018 (just after the merged program), my profile on the web and iPhone app showed me as PPE + A. But then two days later I was (and still am) listed as PPE. Have sent an email to Marriott, but yet to hear back from them.
smgainey likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Just received an email from my ambassador that she is leaving "the company".
Ex-SPG, is it a coincidence or Marriott is restructuring, outsourcing or whatever?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:54 pm

I did not email as often as you did, but I can also say that my ambassador was quick to respond before and now it's been many days with nothing. Very unusual. I need to follow up tonight.
After follow-up by email, still nothing. Never happened before. @damon88 did you get sign of life from your ambassador?

Mine is not the same as @frenchft and I do not think mine has left Marriott.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:00 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I had several email responses from my Ambassador today:

(1) email letting me know she doesn't have access to my credit card info any more, thereby needing me to forward my info to the StR Florence concierge for our excursions (this was one of the very nice perks before, so I hope the systems IT post-merge will allow that again!)

(2) email letting me know my 90K points will be refunded within 48 hours for my upcoming StR San Francisco booking

(3) email letting me know my points will be refunded within the next 7 days for future StR Bal Harbour and StR Bahia Beach stays
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I had several email responses from my Ambassador today:

(1) email letting me know she doesn't have access to my credit card info any more, thereby needing me to forward my info to the StR Florence concierge for our excursions (this was one of the very nice perks before, so I hope the systems IT post-merge will allow that again!)

(2) email letting me know my 90K points will be refunded within 48 hours for my upcoming StR San Francisco booking

(3) email letting me know my points will be refunded within the next 7 days for future StR Bal Harbour and StR Bahia Beach stays
I am glad to see there does not appear to be widespread deterioration in the ambassador service post August 18th.

I always got great responsive service from my ambassador before, which is in stark contrast with now, hence my recent worries.

I understand that each ambassador might have been assigned a number of new clients on August 18th which is leading to higher workload. In addition the IT issues means that existing clients have a greater need for their ambassador, causing a double whammy.

For these reasons I was patient and waited over a week for one of my requests to be handled because it was not immediately urgent. However severa days later once I was facing a cancellation deadline I sent a follow-up and still nothing, so it is more disturbing to get no response even for something that has become somewhat more urgent. I ended up calling the ambassador line and it was fixed so no big deal. But I am just wondering what is going on especially since there is at least one other FTer to whom the same is happening (@damon88).
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
I am glad to see there does not appear to be widespread deterioration in the ambassador service post August 18th.

I always got great responsive service from my ambassador before, which is in stark contrast with now, hence my recent worries.

I understand that each ambassador might have been assigned a number of new clients on August 18th which is leading to higher workload. In addition the IT issues means that existing clients have a greater need for their ambassador, causing a double whammy.

For these reasons I was patient and waited over a week for one of my requests to be handled because it was not immediately urgent. However severa days later once I was facing a cancellation deadline I sent a follow-up and still nothing, so it is more disturbing to get no response even for something that has become somewhat more urgent. I ended up calling the ambassador line and it was fixed so no big deal. But I am just wondering what is going on especially since there is at least one other FTer to whom the same is happening (@damon88).
I am having the same problem with my Ambassador too. I did not have anything urgent but she used to respond in 24 hours. I have now sent two emails regarding similar stuff that bhrubin requested and still have not heard back. Slightly worried.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.