Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Of course - but I don't think that actually justifies what you said before.

That's also probably true, but largely irrelevant. From my perspective I don't particularly care that service recovery "from my Ambassador" is actually approved by someone else in corporate organisation (though does worry me now that Marriott doesn't have the same customer-focused DNA as Starwood did).
I interpreted the statement as saying that the Ambassador can contact the property and request that the property award some service recovery points.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I interpreted the statement as saying that the Ambassador can contact the property and request that the property award some service recovery points.
That's not accurate though, at least the Ambassador is/was not limited in that way. Ambassadors can and do (did?) issue immediate service recovery "from corporate" when they feel it is appropriate. I've only made one complaint about a property since I received an Ambassador and was immediately given 16,000 Starwood points from Corporate as service recovery.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Wow, sounds like Ambassador is really a big missed nowadays. I have 90 nights with 10 nights of long vacation coming up that I plan to celebrate hard with my family and earn Ambassador (I am about $5,000 short, was planning to go on a huge spending spree at the hotel to spend $5000 or more). But if that is the case, time to go to Hyatt and keep my Explorer status (was short 8 nights to make it and was going to give it up for Ambassador, but now I see I don't need to).
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's what I said. In the past, it was my impression based on a couple experiences that the legacy Marriott platinum desk could award points. My ambassador said she can't. She can only request them. There also doesn't seem to be a protocol for a guest to report a property for noncompliance. She said she could pass it along to her supervisor, but there was no formal complaint system that triggered some another department to audit a property.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The issue is the ambassadors are nothing more than a glorified reservation assistant. Some are obviously better than others, but ultimately the property and not the ambassador will determine what kind of experience you have on your stay. They don't have any power nor can they even issue points for customer service recoveries.

Unless Marriott makes some changes with the expected new program I don't think it's worth keeping platinum premier ambassador. The recognition just isn't there for the vast majority of us who stay at business-centric hotels in North America. There's only so much the Marriott East Lansing or Marriott Des Moines can do.
Using ambassador to make simple reservations is actually slower.

Email ambassador for the request ... ambassador reply their suggestion or just what rate/room available
Then you email back that you agree with their suggestion/ select the suitable room/rate
then ambassador email the confirmation.

They will be very useful when Marriott web server is down
EuropeanPete and HHQX888 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mvitale
Based on everything I've read...The spend requirements do not need to be hit for SPG members only if all 100 of your nights are in pmSPG hotels. If some of your nights are in pmMarriott hotels, then the spend requirement applies.

Also, you shouldn't need to have an Ambassador to use your SNAs. I have been able to successfully apply them through the website to my stays. However, I've read here that some people are having problems trying to use SNAs on the website, so I believe that this is a YMMV situation. If you are having problems applying your SNAs to reservations through the website, I would hope that any agent would be able to help you.

-mvitale
I can't see my remaining SNAs or apply them to any existing reservations.

It gets better. My Ambassador responded (with a thorough response - much appreciated) saying that since the cutover, some hotels no longer participate in allowing SNAs - hence why I can't apply to an upcoming reservation at a Sheraton. My SNAs are worthless and since they have no value, my Ambassador is unable to offer points.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:16 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Perhaps I should be thrilled that so many are opting away from the Ambassador program and status. It just means that much more attention and focus on those of us who stick with Marriott.
txpenny and kaizen7 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Duke777
I can't see my remaining SNAs or apply them to any existing reservations.

It gets better. My Ambassador responded (with a thorough response - much appreciated) saying that since the cutover, some hotels no longer participate in allowing SNAs - hence why I can't apply to an upcoming reservation at a Sheraton. My SNAs are worthless and since they have no value, my Ambassador is unable to offer points.
Can you name and shame that Sheraton? There are reports on some of the blogs of some legacy SPG properties playing games with designations.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Can you name and shame that Sheraton? There are reports on some of the blogs of some legacy SPG properties playing games with designations.
Sheraton Grand Park Lane. Cancelling my 3-night reservation, although I do like the hotel.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Duke777
Sheraton Grand Park Lane. Cancelling my 3-night reservation, although I do like the hotel.
Very odd. The Sheraton Grand Park Lane pre-merger always had a generous selection of what I think are called “Opera Suites” eligible for SNA’s. As a hotel they’re also very attentive to loyalty scheme status.

I’d say there’s a very high chance you’re being given the runaround by the Marriott system here. I was there a couple days ago and would have asked for you!
unclepants and bhrubin like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:49 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Very odd. The Sheraton Grand Park Lane pre-merger always had a generous selection of what I think are called “Opera Suites” eligible for SNA’s. As a hotel they’re also very attentive to loyalty scheme status.

I’d say there’s a very high chance you’re being given the runaround by the Marriott system here. I was there a couple days ago and would have asked for you!
It was quickly demonstrated in the SNA thread that SNAs continue to be accepted and continue to clear for the Sheraton Grand Park Lane. One can assume the poster here either had a Marriott IT glitch (not at all surprising since Aug 18) or was using a rate that somehow isn’t allowing SNAs to apply (which is also a glitch, but one that was just as true in the legacy SPG days).

The poster easily could have asked his Ambassador to remedy that but didn’t for some odd reason. This thread is, after all, about the good and bad of the Ambassador service.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

It was quickly demonstrated in the SNA thread that SNAs continue to be accepted and continue to clear for the Sheraton Grand Park Lane. One can assume the poster here either had a Marriott IT glitch (not at all surprising since Aug 18) or was using a rate that somehow isn’t allowing SNAs to apply (which is also a glitch, but one that was just as true in the legacy SPG days).

The poster easily could have asked his Ambassador to remedy that but didn’t for some odd reason. This thread is, after all, about the good and bad of the Ambassador service.
My Ambassador provided incorrect and/or incomplete explanation of my issue at the Sheraton Grand Park Lane as helpfully pointed out by another poster. There's no reason my refundable rate should have issues. Not sure how I can easily have my Ambassador remedy when three Ambassadors have told me it's not possible despite not a single one saying it's my rate that is the issue. Not sure what else I'm supposed to do but grateful for this community.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
i realize others are reporting issues but I continue to see SNA options in all my pending reservations.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:34 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

New data point: Ambassador STATUS gets me upgrade to specialty Presidential suite

New data point to showcase how Ambassador status alone can be valuable:

I already had been cleared 5 days ago via SNA for the Executive Corner King Suite at the JW Marriott Austin. I called the next day to save my Ambassador the trouble to confirm they could keep the suite at 67 F or below. I also asked about, and reiterated there was no expectation for, the Presidential Suite.

Today at noon I happened to check my app to set the arrival time...and saw that I’d been upgraded already to the Presidential Suite. It’s a very nice suite, indeed.

For the record, as far as I know, my Ambassador did not contact the hotel (though it’s possible she did without my knowledge since she’s so awesome and since she does live here in Austin—we tried to meet up but couldn’t make it happen despite our best attempts). So if that were true, the legacy Marriott hotel was acting on just my Ambassador status.

People keep saying Ambassador status does little. And yet it does so much for me. Constantly.
C17PSGR, escape4 and txpenny like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
How would one find a postal address to send a gift to an Ambassador (without asking the Ambassador, so it can be surprise)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.