Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Once again, I know we’re on the Internet, but it might be good for us to show empathy and understanding that our own experiences might not be the same as others.

I think my Imperial booking today is the first time i’ve had an option to add an SNA arrive since the merger. The button was just missing on previous stays. I have heard others had the same problem - hopefully this will be resolved for good once all hotels are on the Marriott platform, but of course we are likely to be stuck with a large number of Marriott hotels adding normal rooms instead of suites into the pool. At least former SPG hotels will hopefully be consistently back online.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Once again, I know we’re on the Internet, but it might be good for us to show empathy and understanding that our own experiences might not be the same as others.

I think my Imperial booking today is the first time i’ve had an option to add an SNA arrive since the merger. The button was just missing on previous stays. I have heard others had the same problem - hopefully this will be resolved for good once all hotels are on the Marriott platform, but of course we are likely to be stuck with a large number of Marriott hotels adding normal rooms instead of suites into the pool. At least former SPG hotels will hopefully be consistently back online.
Understood and agreed. I've seen it as an option on every reservation for the past few weeks for several different brands though. I'm wondering if it just has a different look/location than what SPG folks are used to seeing.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It’s not.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Seems to me the benefits you reference aren't new to the program. 4 PM and room upgrades have been around in both programs for years.
SPG had it forever, but it is quite new to Marriott...really only once Starwood came into the mix for them.

And remember, Marriott's original 4pm "guarantee" was a weaselly, paper thin attempt at one, until they were called out by the bloggers. So not surprising that Marriott properties are playing fast and loose with the benefit.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
SPG had it forever, but it is quite new to Marriott...really only once Starwood came into the mix for them.

And remember, Marriott's original 4pm "guarantee" was a weaselly, paper thin attempt at one, until they were called out by the bloggers. So not surprising that Marriott properties are playing fast and loose with the benefit.
Looks like it became a benefit in May 2016. Since then, I've used it at least 20-30 times at legacy MR properties without a hitch. I think the vast majority in the legacy MR thread has positive experiences as well.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...6-16-a-23.html

I've only been denied it at legitimate convention hotels and resorts. Even in the resorts, they usually offer a less desirable alternative room to shower and store things in.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:11 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Understood and agreed. I've seen it as an option on every reservation for the past few weeks for several different brands though. I'm wondering if it just has a different look/location than what SPG folks are used to seeing.

So I hadn’t checked SNAs in weeks but sure enough the option was there when I just checked and I was easily able to apply it through the APP! So it looks as if they have fixed that glitch.

(By the way- not only could I not apply SNAs mid October, neither could my Ambassador! Here is what she emailed me:

“It is a known issue we are working to resolve this includes adding the request online as well; I wasn’t able to add them either but found a colleague who was able to apply them.

I’m glad we were able to get it finalized for you. Let me know if I can help with any other upcoming travel.” )

Regarding Search. Bhrubin- do you get different results?

I just tried Mystique and Suiran again. It appears they have deleted the Suiran hair salon in China but I still get the wrong results.

(Cuirana Spain)

Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
i have had the same problem with searches and also missing information for 2 months.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by damon88

So I hadn’t checked SNAs in weeks but sure enough the option was there when I just checked and I was easily able to apply it through the APP! So it looks as if they have fixed that glitch.

(By the way- not only could I not apply SNAs mid October, neither could my Ambassador! Here is what she emailed me:

I just tried Mystique and Suiran again. It appears they have deleted the Suiran hair salon in China but I still get the wrong results.
Glad the SNA's are working for you now! I don't remember when I started seeing it.

Agreed the search logic is extremely poor. I've see other sites pull from a similar database. I believe it is a combination of pulling almost every business in the world into the database with checking the box that allows the website to see your location. For example, if I look for a hotel by the airport in Chicago and search for ORD, I get a couple of Doctors named Ord as suggestions. But if I ignore the suggestions and just click search, I get hotels near ORD.

If I type in Suiran, I get the Spanish suggestion but if I ignore the suggestions and click search, I get the Suiran hotel at the top of the list.

A website shouldn't be this hard ... I presume they are using offshore developers on this who don't actually travel or make reservations. I was very surprised to see the latest quarter report that didn't show a drop off in reservations through the website. Seems the percentage of reservations for legacy SPG properties made through Marriott.com was actually higher than through SPG.com. I would not have guessed that.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
My M-Th stay this week will put me at 108 nights and above $20k. Fingers crossed I get lucky with my Ambassador.
damon88 and bhrubin like this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:47 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I will say the W Hollywood this past Monday night upgraded me to a Fantastic Suite from the SNA Marvelous Suite...but still had no welcome amenity for me. That was curious for a 1 night stay. The StR Bal Harbour and SLS Beverly Hills delivered their welcome amenities and letters a day after our arrival. So still a little curious, but not yet so egregious that I’ll call it a pattern. But I hear ya.

Hmmmm

On our recent trip Prince de Galles, Grande Bretagne, Mystique and Domes of Elounda all delivered generous Welcome Amenities (some on multiple days). But I was surprised on our way home on our 1 night stay at the W Seattle that (although they did give us a complimentary upgrade to the Extreme Wow Suite) there was no welcome amenity.

I have always assumed this is a hotel gesture and not corporate mandated. I do hope it’s not a pattern. It’s always nice to have a chilled bottle of champagne waiting 🍾 🥂
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:50 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by damon88

“It is a known issue we are working to resolve this includes adding the request online as well; I wasn’t able to add them either but found a colleague who was able to apply them.

I’m glad we were able to get it finalized for you. Let me know if I can help with any other upcoming travel.” )

To be fair, my Ambassador couldn't apply any SNAs to my St Regis New York reservations for 2019 even before the Aug 18 integration. It took months before they got it resolved. Again, there used to be SNA issues even befor the integration. So the fact that there are issues still with Marriott IT is not a big change IMO. Sorry.

Ah, now I understand what you meant. Yes, I've had that issue a few times. So I just work around it and use the location...or spell close to the property and it still usually comes up. It's stupid. It's annoying. But IMO there are bigger fish to try for Marriott IT.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:52 pm

I seem to remember my welcome amenity at the W Hollywood last year in one of the suites was a plastic 500ml bottle of water and some kind of chocolate bar, so I don't think bhrubin necessarily missed that much Unlike some other Ambassadors I never really had the frequent bottles of champagne and the like (Hyatt and Hilton have always been better at this for me), but having a nice surprise of some sort at most 5* hotels was one of the nice non-financial benefits of the SPG programme.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:58 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I seem to remember my welcome amenity at the W Hollywood last year in one of the suites was a plastic 500ml bottle of water and some kind of chocolate bar, so I don't think bhrubin necessarily missed that much Unlike some other Ambassadors I never really had the frequent bottles of champagne and the like (Hyatt and Hilton have always been better at this for me), but having a nice surprise of some sort at most 5* hotels was one of the nice non-financial benefits of the SPG programme.
Haha, good to know.

Welcome amenities are one of those things that are nice, but not essential for me. I know others think they are more important. I've told my Ambassador I place much more priority on getting a suite upgrade than getting a welcome amenity. Of course, the best hotels execute better, and those usually get me both.

I always remind everyone that even when Ambassadors request welcome amenities (sometimes even special welcome amenities) it is up to the hotels to execute those. Some hotels execute better than others. IME, the hotels that have the best overall service tend to execute best whatever my Ambassador requests based on my priorities (and whatever requests I may have made, as well).

It's always entertaining for me to see hotels--that slip up on so many other details--trying to blame my Ambassador for the lack of some other request being fulfilled. It's pretty obvious to me that the hotels are the guilty part in almost every case.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
What the heck are SNAs? That is not in the site Glossary.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:19 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by estedman
What the heck are SNAs? That is not in the site Glossary.
Suite Night Awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.