Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: Marriott LTPP
I, too, just received Plat Premier (lifetime) with ambassador. Do I just wait to be contacted by Marriott for my Ambassador? I don't have much confidence since Marriott has not contacted me over this past month by email with ANY updates. Yes, I checked my profile and they do have my email address.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:53 am

It sounds like Ambassadors have done the "fighting" for people to get missing points, etc. If my Ambassador will do my fighting for me then I'll be happy. Especially now that we have Marriott's new Terms & Conditions stating that if a standard room is available for cash then we can use points for it. I've spent way too much time trying to get award stays at another hotel chain that had this same policy because the hotels didn't want to offer the standard room for points, so it'll be good to have someone handle that for me at the Marriott.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
OOC - do you know for sure it has been earned, or is it something displayed on the web site that may or may not be correct?

(FWIW shows me having earned it through Jan 2020 even though I haven't made the requirements...)
I've made the night requirement, but not the spend...we'll see if this is just a temporary glitch or not.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by txpenny
While may will diminish this benefit, I'm going to contact my good buddy bhrubin and see if there's a way to get his ambassador.
If you do that, make sure you can commit to his level of spend too
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chongl
I've made the night requirement, but not the spend...we'll see if this is just a temporary glitch or not.
Nights all w/SPG or combined between the two? If the former, you are good to go for all of 2019; if the latter, they have made clear you need the spend too.

Everything is hyper glitchy & semi-incorrect at the moment...
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
I want to get contact information for my ambassadord ASAP while I still have the status. Maybe I will still get to use their services if I have their contact information but the Ambassador level is removed (I didn't make the $20K spend)
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
I want to get contact information for my ambassadord ASAP while I still have the status. Maybe I will still get to use their services if I have their contact information but the Ambassador level is removed (I didn't make the $20K spend)
so...you want something not earned per the rules then?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots

so...you want something not earned per the rules then?
As a rational individual, I welcome every positive benefit I can possibly get in life. If someone gives me something benefical, I'll take it.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
If you do that, make sure you can commit to his level of spend too
I'm at $39K YTD (which btw is exactly my base points divided by 10).
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:39 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I'm at $39K YTD (which btw is exactly my base points divided by 10.
You're actually above my spending as per my SPG account showing just over $34K (and my Marriott account showing just over $3K). Of course, I know I spent more than both of those totals, but there's no reason now for me to quibble. (Marriott didn't credit any food/beverage spend at RC or Edition hotels, and neither seem to have credited any of my group booking spend.)
txpenny likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
I'd like to contact my ambassador OK, but more to the point I'd like some way of reaching a competent CSR without excessive wait times?

I've been a Marriott elite for probably 13 years and an SPG plat for several of those also. I was very happy with both companies, with Marriott superior customer service and flexibility offset by the better 'rewards' on offer as part of the SPG program.

However Marriott's typically excellent customer service has fallen apart recently with the removal of the platinum line, and I was sort of hoping that since I now have an 'ambassador' there might at least be some sort of priority number to call?

.... so to echo something set out above - is there any way to contact my ambassador?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:24 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by catharsis
is there any way to contact my ambassador?
If you just got Ambassador status, you aren't yet assigned an Ambassador. So there's no one yet to contact in most cases.

If the Ambassador assignment process works like it did in the legacy SPG Ambassador program, you should soon (relatively speaking!) receive an email with a survey about your travel habits/priorities. After completing that survey, the Marriott Ambassador program will assign you an Ambassador and give you their contact email and telephone information.

Considering the profusion of issues confronting Marriott now, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer for the sudden infusion of new Ambassador qualified elites to be assigned their new Ambassadors. Patience likely will be key.

For what it's worth, my Ambassador replied to me today for an email I sent to her only yesterday--not bad considering the utter chaos.
catharsis likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Simple question....does any of you have with "ambassador level" prior to the merge received any communication about the merge without soliciting it from your Ambassador?

I ask my Ambassador about a month and half ago what would be the new gift option for Plat50 and Plat75. He sent me the old SPG policy. Took me three emails...and the last one was...please can you read my email, it's a simple question, I'm asking for the info "after the merge". Answer is we don't know. Well, since than, he never contacted me, thanks to Flyertalk community I have my answer weeks ago! Still awaiting an email from Mr Ambassador!

Did around 15 nights with SPG over the last 4-5 weeks...nothing from his side.

One thing for sure, I can lose my Ambassador, that would make zero difference. I truly don't want to lose the info this community is bringing...way more valuable and fun!

I'm curious to see my spending this year. Will be solid low with the current situation....and they truly won't get me at 20k even if I could!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Who knows how it will work in the new program, but as I recall it took around 5 days before I had an Ambassador assigned. I remember that since I had a significant vacation in Europe within two weeks of earning that status.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
While may will diminish this benefit, I'm going to contact my good buddy bhrubin and see if there's a way to get his ambassador.
just get bhrubin as your ambassador

20 nights to go for me to reach ambassador. ( should reach that mid september)
hopefully by then all the issue from merging process finalised
bhrubin and txpenny like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.