Delta Hotels Minneapolis Northeast

Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Delta Hotels Minneapolis Northeast

Opening May '18. Cat 5.

Delta Hotels by Marriott-Minneapolis Northeast. Conveniently located minutes from the centers of downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, guests enjoy a true gateway to all the Twin Cities has to offer. Including sights such as the Stone Arch Bridge, Historic Mill District, Nicollet Mall, State Fair Grounds as well as Hennepin Avenue, Orpheum and Guthrie Theaters. Sporting facilities such as the nearby US Bank Stadium, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center and Target Field call the Twins Cities home as does University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Convention Center, Mall of America and many Corporate Headquarters. Unwind at the Twin Cities 400 Tavern where locals gather, business diners entertain, and visitors get a true taste of Minnesota. Menus feature all day dining and bar options including an extensive range of local breweries.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Conversion of the Ramada Plaza Minneapolis.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:05 am
soy

Programs: various
Stayed here recently. Was my first Delta stay. Hotel has been renovated so is quite pleasant inside. The most striking thing for me was the Elite Pantry. I had not encountered this concept before. Basically its like a small unmanned lounge (though no seating). Available for platinum elites, there are breads, bagels, pastries, parfait, cereals, fruit, yogurts, soft drinks, tea/coffee, juices. There were also cookies, ice creams, trail mix, gummies and M&M's. Not sure if they put anything else/different out for the evening.

There is no lounge, so access to this room is how they meet the breakfast benefit. You can grab some food in the pantry room, and then go out to the main lobby area where there are some high tops near the starbucks counter.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Location? I don't recall the Ramada Plaza Mpls and the descriptions in the OP sounds like just some generic stuff about what's around the Twin Cities.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by soy
Stayed here recently. Was my first Delta stay. Hotel has been renovated so is quite pleasant inside. The most striking thing for me was the Elite Pantry. I had not encountered this concept before. Basically its like a small unmanned lounge (though no seating). Available for platinum elites, there are breads, bagels, pastries, parfait, cereals, fruit, yogurts, soft drinks, tea/coffee, juices. There were also cookies, ice creams, trail mix, gummies and M&M's. Not sure if they put anything else/different out for the evening.

There is no lounge, so access to this room is how they meet the breakfast benefit. You can grab some food in the pantry room, and then go out to the main lobby area where there are some high tops near the starbucks counter.
I checked in yesterday and brought up the breakfast benefit. To be honest, I'm not sure the elite pantry is a substitute for the breakfast benefit. They did explain that it filled functions like the lounge (light snacks, breakfast (there was a toaster, cereal, yogurt, etc.) and that Delta "did things differently". I asked didn't Platinums get breakfast if there was no lounge and they did furnish the coupons. To be honest, the front desk seemed confused about it. The front desk did offer three breakfast coupons (one for each night of the stay) when I pointed this out.

I'm not upset about it or anything, but I do intend to write Marriott corporate to clarify whether or not this actually satisfies the terms. Number one, there is zero hot food - no eggs, no bacon/sausage, no oatmeal - and number two, this elite pantry provides nowhere to sit. (You can grab from the pantry and go to the lobby, but it's a fairly busy area without a lot of seating).

(When contacting Marriott, I will point out that the front desk provided the coupons upon request and that I'm not looking for any compensation).

Like the property otherwise thus far.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:25 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Location? I don't recall the Ramada Plaza Mpls and the descriptions in the OP sounds like just some generic stuff about what's around the Twin Cities.
Its just off Exit 22 on I35W

Bit of a pain to get to at the moment since the ramps are closed due to construction. It was indeed a Ramada as evidenced on google maps street view
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I still don't know where it is as I don't know my exit numbers and the MNDOT traffic map doesn't have exit numbers marked either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.