Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club, Autograph Collection - Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2024, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club, Autograph Collection - Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
I just booked this hotel for a "Staycation" October 8-10 at the intro rate. I will report back if there are any Platinum upgrades or other perks.
How was it? I usually like to stay around Lincoln Road oceanfront, but this intro rate is enticing,
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I just stayed here at the introduction rate ($149) + resort fee + taxes. Oct 12-14.

EXCELLENT STAY!

I applied two SNA's and was upgraded to an Ocean View King Suite, with separate Living Room and with a small balcony on the south side. I had a separate reservation for my parents; they were also upgraded to a similar room in the other tower (without SNA's). Nice bonus!

Pluses: Good pools (2), ocean out the back is great. Hotel is clean, fresh, new, nice bar, good staff, excellent bedding and pillows. Value at this intro rate is outstanding for Miami Beach.
Minuses: Location - not a big downer. I like this area of Miami Beach and there are several cool hotel bars and restaurants nearby (we went to Matador), but it's in a transitional area. South Beach is a short uber away. Pool service was spotty (i asked for a menu but it never came).

Would recommend! (I took photos and will post shortly)
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Platinum
Thanks for the update! Is 4PM late checkout available and or Breakfast included for Elites (I'm Platinum Elite)?

Originally Posted by seanp7
I just stayed here at the introduction rate ($149) + resort fee + taxes. Oct 12-14.

EXCELLENT STAY!

I applied two SNA's and was upgraded to an Ocean View King Suite, with separate Living Room and with a small balcony on the south side. I had a separate reservation for my parents; they were also upgraded to a similar room in the other tower (without SNA's). Nice bonus!

Pluses: Good pools (2), ocean out the back is great. Hotel is clean, fresh, new, nice bar, good staff, excellent bedding and pillows. Value at this intro rate is outstanding for Miami Beach.
Minuses: Location - not a big downer. I like this area of Miami Beach and there are several cool hotel bars and restaurants nearby (we went to Matador), but it's in a transitional area. South Beach is a short uber away. Pool service was spotty (i asked for a menu but it never came).

Would recommend! (I took photos and will post shortly)
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by maza918
Thanks for the update! Is 4PM late checkout available and or Breakfast included for Elites (I'm Platinum Elite)?
I wasn't offered 4PM late checkout (and I didn't need it). I doubt it but always ask - often resorts that don't participate will do 1 or 2pm, IME. Breakfast was available as the Plat Gift amenity. "Continental". I took the points...
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:45 pm

great place to get breakfast across the street from the hotel. The locals eat there (at the deli). only a few tables so get it to go.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Definitely remodelled.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:49 pm

Pics from my stay:

Bedroom

Living Room
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:52 pm

Additional pics:

Drink in Room looking at pool

Main Bar downstairs
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:14 am

Did you get a sense of what the entry level rooms are like? Presumably they are on the road side of the property so potentially noisy?

Can you explain more about what you mean by ‘transitional area’. Not much to do, or a bit run down?

Sounds like you had a great stay and difficult to go wrong at that price!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
great place to get breakfast across the street from the hotel. The locals eat there (at the deli). only a few tables so get it to go.
The deli across the street was closed when I was in Miami in late August. It apparently sustained major hurricane damage last year and hadn‘t reopened since. The old Courtyard Cadillac was my go to beach hotel in Miami in the past few years. I unfortunately stayed at the 4 Points up the street and it was disgusting. Good to see this property finally reopened
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Muerz

The deli across the street was closed when I was in Miami in late August. It apparently sustained major hurricane damage last year and hadn‘t reopened since. The old Courtyard Cadillac was my go to beach hotel in Miami in the past few years. I unfortunately stayed at the 4 Points up the street and it was disgusting. Good to see this property finally reopened
Wow just horrible news. I imagine with the hotel closed there was no point in trying to open again right away. Maybe they are going to sell the property like so many great old school beach places have done. Only bad thing about the Cadillac is the Valet. Never quick. We usually Uber everywhere anyways.

Thanks for the update...wish it was better news. Now that the Stanton has gotten rid of the lounge and charging crazy resort fees I have been looking for another spot and used to stay at the old CY. The new wing suites were nice for a CY.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Do they have bathtubs?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Platinum
What's the area like surrounding the hotel? Are there restaurants, shops, or other hotels close by?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:21 am

I stayed at the hotel using the intro rate a couple weeks ago. I am Plat. Upgraded from City view King to Ocean view King on day of arrival.
The room was small but very clean and met all my needs. The hotel is stylish and very nicely decorated. The outdoor and indoor bars are great and have friendly, and talented bartenders. The restaurant is okay.

The restaurant is located within walking distance of the Fountainbleu which has many excellent restaurants...Hakkasan, Scarpetta, Michael Mina's Steakhouse, etc. and Faena (great steakhouse- Fuego) the boardwalk on the beach was a great way to walk back from these other hotels but many limit access from the boardwalk to their guests so you either have to follow someone in or figure out another way to access (there are public access points at most streets between the hotels)

I think it was labeled "transitional" as although this area has many high end hotels ( Fountainblue, Faena, Edition, Soho Club, Nobu Hotel etc.)but there are also many un-renovated properties and condos in this same area. It is also not as self contained an area as the Lincoln Road or South Beach areas of Miami Beach.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:41 am

I booked with the $150/night into rate, then found the Loews for $219/night and jumped on that.

The Cadilliac's beach is beautiful but the surrounding area is just desolate. The only places you can travel walking distance are other hotels (I personally recommend the bar and restaurant at the Freehand).

Hopefully the prices for the hotel itself will remain low. The competition in Miami Beach is stiff and it's always nice to have a more budget option (ala Kimpton Surfcomber closer to South Beach proper).
flockavelliFT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.