Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Hong Kong Ocean Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:45 pm
alc
Original Poster

Just noticed a new Marriott at Hong Kong -at Ocean Park:

Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel: Hong Kong hotel accommodations

It state to be open in June.

Wonder what CAT will this be.

--- please note ---
I search and can't find an existing thread for this hotel. If it does, please let the mod know to merge it. Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
From the link above:

"Nestled at the southern coast of Hong Kong Island, the Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel will be an ideal place to stay for your next visit in this vibrant city. Right at the doorstep of the Ocean Park MTR station, the hotel is just a few minutes away from downtown and key attractions. The hotel comprises 471 guestrooms and suites which combine modern design with nature-inspired décor, along with versatile event space including an expansive pillar-free ballroom. Step into our welcoming lobby upon arrival and be amazed by a 16-metre high aquarium. Choose from a variety of dining options with alfresco style ambiance with views of the lush garden and lagoon. After an eventful day of work or exploration, refresh in the outdoor lagoon pool or rejuvenate at the spa and fitness centre. For those who wish to enjoy fun-filled days at Ocean Park Hong Kong or make the most of their work trip, look no further than here for a truly memorable experience."
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:10 am
alc
Original Poster

The home page just updated, it will be a Category 8. But still doesn't seems to be bookable yet

Last edited by alc; Apr 30, 2018 at 9:06 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Interesting new option. Will be curious what the cash paid rates look like.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:44 pm
alc
Original Poster

Look like a delay as the Marriott web site just updated that it will now open in September.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Good that it's not a resort.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
If this property is due to open in September, anyone have a clue as to when bookings might open?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:17 pm
alc
Original Poster

So, before this hotel will open, the points required already went down

It will be the new Category 5, so 35K per night.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I am travelling to Hong Kong for 6 nights at the end of november and just now the website says opens in October. Hopefully it opens then and will be available for booking soon as it looks tempting ( and maybe a bit cheaper than the JW Marriott)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
We were in HK and Ocean Park last Xmas. It's a nice area close to the park and the developments crowing on the south end of the island, and while there is a dedicated metro line that connect to the Admiralty station, it's rather isolated from the rest of HK island and Kowloon. Still, Ocean Park is a great park; we especially loved the 3D VR roller coaster. That is crazy!
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by osotoc
We were in HK and Ocean Park last Xmas. It's a nice area close to the park and the developments crowing on the south end of the island, and while there is a dedicated metro line that connect to the Admiralty station, it's rather isolated from the rest of HK island and Kowloon. Still, Ocean Park is a great park; we especially loved the 3D VR roller coaster. That is crazy!
Hi osotoc,

Thanks for that. I appreciate it is a little out of the way but I'm used to the MTR ( been to hong kong several times) and going to HK in late Nov to see the christmas decorations. I' normally stay at Hiltons but I do not particularly want to spend £380 a night for the conrad. Tempted by the HGI in Mongkok( pool will be closed in winter ) and the renaissance.

Have stayed at the JW ( excellent hotel but can be pricey) and the Sheraton ( very good hotel esp the towers but had an internal view with some construction work going on).

I have not been to Ocean Park yet though.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi osotoc,

Thanks for that. I appreciate it is a little out of the way but I'm used to the MTR ( been to hong kong several times) and going to HK in late Nov to see the christmas decorations. I' normally stay at Hiltons but I do not particularly want to spend £380 a night for the conrad. Tempted by the HGI in Mongkok( pool will be closed in winter ) and the renaissance.

Have stayed at the JW ( excellent hotel but can be pricey) and the Sheraton ( very good hotel esp the towers but had an internal view with some construction work going on).

I have not been to Ocean Park yet though.

Regards

TBS
Stayed at JW a couple of times over Xmas. Great breakfast buffet. Next time we may trip to the Sheraton. Aspirationally, we'd like to finally try to the Ritz-Carlton.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Looks like this property is now available to book. However, right now it looks to be only bookable by calling the hotel directly as marriott.com gives an HK number to call to book, so no idea what cash rates are like.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:32 pm

​​​​​updated grand opening in January 2019

https://m.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/ho...ocean-park-set

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.