Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott mandating toiletry dispensers in some hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott mandating toiletry dispensers in some hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
How are dispensers any different from single-use bottles in this regard?
The soap/shampoo used in the current disposable bottles isn't tea-tree. From the supplier's website, the new dispenser-based stuff is tea-tree.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:36 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by KRSW
The soap/shampoo used in the current disposable bottles isn't tea-tree. From the supplier's website, the new dispenser-based stuff is tea-tree.
I think that's more of a coincidental change, there's no reason they couldn't have changed to tea tree but not dispensers, or to dispensers without switching to tea tree.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Read / study books more often. You can then join the world of myopia and won't have to worry about such things.
I'm already extremely myopic (in the sense of my eyes, physically) so I'm all set there

The supplier site has TeaTree, but then an article on the matter has them saying Marriott picked Paul Mitchell instead. It may just be that the stock photo for the EcoEclipse dispenser chosen (the shower rack holder for the bottles) has the TeaTree branded supplies.

Originally Posted by pvn
I think that's more of a coincidental change, there's no reason they couldn't have changed to tea tree but not dispensers, or to dispensers without switching to tea tree.
The article in the past quotes TeaTree products as being used but says they're switching to Paul Mitchell (apparently) as of April 2018, so we'll have to wait and see.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by phltraveler
I'm already extremely myopic (in the sense of my eyes, physically) so I'm all set there

The supplier site has TeaTree, but then an article on the matter has them saying Marriott picked Paul Mitchell instead. It may just be that the stock photo for the EcoEclipse dispenser chosen (the shower rack holder for the bottles) has the TeaTree branded supplies.

The article in the past quotes TeaTree products as being used but says they're switching to Paul Mitchell (apparently) as of April 2018, so we'll have to wait and see.
Tea Tree is a Paul Mitchell brand.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well, if there was ever a reason to switch to a different chain, the bulk dispensers is it
... and verily, suffer ye not the doorknob to thine posterior upon thine exit!

(... especially you Plats! I somehow lucked bass-ackwards into being promoted to Top of the Pecking Order Emeritus Foreverus Super Platininumum* come 8/1 and I wanna compete with as few of us so ordained as possible!!)

*- there's gotta be an asterisk buried down deep in the Ts'n'Cs somewhere, but for now, "Top of the World, Ma!"
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Tea Tree is a Paul Mitchell brand.
In that case, ugh. Not really a huge fan of tea tree based shampoos and conditioners, whether or not they're made by Paul Mitchell.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
In the past month, I am running about 50/50 on the little bottles versus the new Tea Tree dispenses. I prefer the little bottles.

Still Little Individual Bottles and Bar Soap:

Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown

Fairfield Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton

Tea Tree Bulk Dispensers in Shower:

Springhill Suites Plymouth Meeting

Courtyard Denver Tech Center

For the two properties that are still individual bottles, not sure if it is because they just haven't done the conversion yet or if they are planning on staying that way. Time will tell. I guess I may have to start carrying my own soap and shampoo. It will be a little bit of nuisance but not the end of the world.

--Jon
Old May 15, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I just had my first instance of the Tea Tree shower dispensers at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport last week. I don't really care about the shampoo and conditioner being in bulk dispensers, along with the shower gel. But don't take away my bar of soap for the shower! I would rather use liquid soap for washing my hands (as some full service properties have with the Thann hand wash), but I like a bar of soap for showering. Not happy with that change...
Old May 15, 2018, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by jtwiz
I just had my first instance of the Tea Tree shower dispensers at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport last week. I don't really care about the shampoo and conditioner being in bulk dispensers, along with the shower gel. But don't take away my bar of soap for the shower! I would rather use liquid soap for washing my hands (as some full service properties have with the Thann hand wash), but I like a bar of soap for showering. Not happy with that change...
I'm all for choice (Liquid soap + bar to have options), but I feel the opposite. I hate hotels that only provide the bar of soap. At least at most Marriott properties the shower bar soap makes me feel like I have some sort of "film" on my body after showering...yuck.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:11 pm

Just stayed at the Fairfield at the Marriott Village in Orlando. So far, still the larger bottles of soap/shampoo/conditioner (yay!). There's a Fairfield, Springhill, and Courtyard at this location, all owned by Marriott International, which surprises me. I have another stay next month here at the SH. Hoping they'll still be there.
@phltraveler: Compared to Dr. Bronner's soap, everything feels like it's tough to get off my skin, leaving a film. Bronner's washes right off.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by JBord
I've never timed it (I'm not insane!), but I suspect my shower lasts several minutes longer with the gel dispensers too, which is a waste of hot water. I assume that can add up over thousands of guests.
Unfortunately many people keep the water running during their entire shower. I wish more people would turn off the water while lathering up.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Unfortunately many people keep the water running during their entire shower. I wish more people would turn off the water while lathering up.
I'd say most people keep the water running, including me. That's something Marriott can't control. But they can control putting gel dispensers in, which make showers longer (IMO) since I have to continually go back to pump soap rather than just run a bar over myself.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:49 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
what
Old May 17, 2018, 7:50 am
pvn
Suspended

If it really takes you "several minutes" longer to shower with a dispenser ... uh...
Old May 17, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by jtwiz
Body wash just doesn't fully wash off - sorry! I bring my own soap, along with toothpaste.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.