Old Jan 15, 18, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinumPremier
Residence Inn Amsterdam Houthavens

Cat 5. Opening January '18.

Hotel website.

Residence Inn Amsterdam Houthavens: Amsterdam Extended Stay Hotels

"Amsterdamís Houthavens on the IJ River has transformed into a vibrant hive of design, food and thriving start-ups. It is less than 20 minutes to the centre by public transport or hire a bike and take in the sites as you cycle through scenic routes. Feel at home in our well-appointed Studios and One Bedroom Suites, offering floor to ceiling windows with stunning Harbour views. All our luxurious Suites include home-like amenities with fully-equipped kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, hob, oven, dishwasher and cookware. Complimentary hot breakfast is served every morning. If you like to keep fit whilst on the move, our state-of-the-art fitness centre is available 24/7. In addition, we also offer complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel, communal laundry facilities and a 24/7 Grab ín Go Market in the lobby."
Old Aug 14, 18, 10:11 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott PPE, KL/AF FB Plat
Anyone stayed here yet? I'm checking this one and the Moxy in the same building, the Residence Inn is cheaper for the dates I'm checking..
Old Aug 14, 18, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

If you do stay, please post a trip report so others will know what it's like/what to expect. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 18, 12:10 pm
Moderator, Marriott Rewards & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott/SPG/LoewsFirst/IHG Plat; Hilton Gold
I"m scheduled to stay there next month (Sept.). Hopefully someone can chime in before that though.
Old Sep 26, 18, 3:46 pm
Moderator, Marriott Rewards & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott/SPG/LoewsFirst/IHG Plat; Hilton Gold
I stayed here for 2 nights. I was told during check-in this is the smallest RI in the world (only has 60 rooms). The hotel is at the end of small peninsula with a very nice view of the harbor. The building is 9 floors in total with floors 6 through 8 having RI rooms and floor 9 has the RI check-in, area for breakfast, an indoor sitting area and a large outdoor balcony with a few tables and chairs to sit at as well. Floors 2 through 5 are used by the Moxy hotel there. The ground floor has some common areas for both hotels (laundry room, work-out facilities, etc.) I had reserved and received a King suite room. In talking with them, they had me reserved into what they termed their best room in the hotel. Note they don't have any 2-bedroom suites. I was given room 803 which is a corner King suite and per the check-in agent, it has the nicest views in the hotel. The picture below shows the view I had from the room's living area.

I arrived around 9am in the morning and the room wasn't ready yet. But they called down to expedite getting it cleaned for me. I had about a 30 to 40 minute wait until it was ready. The desk area had normal power outlets, a few USB ports plus an HDMI connection which I assume would let me connect to the TV. The staff there were all very helpful and always willing to answer a question I had. They definitely went out of their way to help me with a few things. So I have nothing to complain about there. I will complain just a bit though in that it would have been nice if they had some USB ports on the nightstands next the bed.

Breakfast wasn't really any different than most other RIs, but they would have most of the cold items out about an hour earlier than the stated breakfast start time (which was nice on my check-out day.) Overall, this is a very nice hotel with great views and good prices for Amsterdam. I had a few friends traveling who stayed at more expensive hotels and I'd take the room and view I had over theirs every time.
Old Sep 26, 18, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated. And great views!
Old Sep 26, 18, 4:28 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, AAdvantage Gold, SPG/Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMEX Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
I stayed here for 2 nights. I was told during check-in this is the smallest RI in the world (only has 60 rooms). The hotel is at the end of small peninsula with a very nice view of the harbor. The building is 9 floors in total with floors 6 through 8 having RI rooms and floor 9 has the RI check-in, area for breakfast, an indoor sitting area and a large outdoor balcony with a few tables and chairs to sit at as well. Floors 2 through 5 are used by the Moxy hotel there. The ground floor has some common areas for both hotels (laundry room, work-out facilities, etc.) I had reserved and received a King suite room. In talking with them, they had me reserved into what they termed their best room in the hotel. Note they don't have any 2-bedroom suites. I was given room 803 which is a corner King suite and per the check-in agent, it has the nicest views in the hotel. The picture below shows the view I had from the room's living area.

I arrived around 9am in the morning and the room wasn't ready yet. But they called down to expedite getting it cleaned for me. I had about a 30 to 40 minute wait until it was ready. The desk area had normal power outlets, a few USB ports plus an HDMI connection which I assume would let me connect to the TV. The staff there were all very helpful and always willing to answer a question I had. They definitely went out of their way to help me with a few things. So I have nothing to complain about there. I will complain just a bit though in that it would have been nice if they had some USB ports on the nightstands next the bed.

Breakfast wasn't really any different than most other RIs, but they would have most of the cold items out about an hour earlier than the stated breakfast start time (which was nice on my check-out day.) Overall, this is a very nice hotel with great views and good prices for Amsterdam. I had a few friends traveling who stayed at more expensive hotels and I'd take the room and view I had over theirs every time.
Nice review, cool views. Seems like a nice little hotel. There are a lot of newish options in Amsterdam...
Old Sep 26, 18, 11:59 pm

Thanks for the pics & mini-review! That view & room look great.