Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Los Angeles San Gabriel [Master Thread]

Sheraton Los Angeles San Gabriel [Master Thread]

Old May 21, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Looks like a good option in Pasadena area.
Old May 28, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by schley
Looks like a good option in Pasadena area.
Stayed here a couple of weeks ago and it is heads and shoulders above The Westin (Room upgrade? In your dreams, pal) and the rather pedestrian Sheraton that Pasadena offers. The hotel, inclusive of staff, could be plopped down tomorrow in Kuala Lumpur or Singapore such are its high service standards. Plat gave me a Club Floor room, and the lounge is well-maintained round the clock; robotic luggage and service carts silently plying the hallways were an added attraction.

The extra 20 minutes it took me to visit my Auntie in Altadena were well worth the detour.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Had a four day stay recently and was very pleased with the hotel. Very modern, new....

Suite upgrade showed up on my SPG Ap within a few hours of checking in the night before. Was checked in by assistant manager at front desk who apologized it was a handicapped suite (not a problem). Suite was on 2nd floor facing interior court yard ... very quite. Large room sized, very high ceiling

Lounge is better than average Sheraton. Breakfast offering scrambled eggs, often sausages, and congee. Very attentive service from 3 to 4 people in morning and evening.

Nice food at steak house restaurant but a little expensive for the wife and I. They also supply bar food and had some great sandwiches etc at the bar.

My wife was a little disappointed in the area around the hotel, in that all local restaurants are Asian and she wanted to try Californian Cuisine. $15 Uber ride for that to happen.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer

My wife was a little disappointed in the area around the hotel, in that all local restaurants are Asian and she wanted to try Californian Cuisine. $15 Uber ride for that to happen.
Sheraton has done its homework: https://www.pasadenastarnews.com/201...-in-42-states/
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Mediocre stay this week.

First problem was a problem with my room type - when I booked a AAA Club Lounge/Room rate (I'm only Gold), I called reservations and asked what the difference was between the rate I booked and a higher Club room rate, and was told none, that I would receive a club level room. When I arrived, I was told no, I only received club lounge access, and there were no available club rooms with king size beds. After I pointed out my confirmation that said room and lounge, and that I had been told differently by reservations, they comped me my parking, which was slightly less than the difference between my rate and the non-Club AAA rate. Suboptimal, but it was late.

Room itself was fairly nice from a hardware perspective, although the AC sockets are falling apart. Light sensor switches turn out lights way too quickly. The biggest problem I had with the room was that they were pumping so much fragrance into my room that I sneezed for an hour before some sudafed helped settle things down. It was after midnight, so I didn't ask for another room.

Triggering my pet peeve was that their miss on my wake-up call. I called directly down to the front desk for the request, but none was received. Fortunately I had set an alarm.

I had a business meeting nearby, but I wouldn't be racing to stay here again. Next time I'll try the Hilton.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Anyone with a recent stay experience(s) or a comparison between this and the Sheraton Pasadena?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:57 pm

Sheraton Pasadena is much older than the Sheraton San Gabriel. The rooms at the San Gabriel are much better. The SG lounge is much better than the Pasadena lounge.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by myko85
Sheraton Pasadena is much older than the Sheraton San Gabriel. The rooms at the San Gabriel are much better. The SG lounge is much better than the Pasadena lounge.
Sheraton Pasadena has been recently renovated though (past 1-2 years). Are you referring to those rooms?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
Recent Stay

Had a stay recently in mid May. Booked cheapest room (around $100 a night) and didn't get an upgrade as titanium; I think all the suites were blocked off because I couldn't see anything on the website either. Room was large enough for myself. The lounge was closed and there was no breakfast, so the property offered me one starbucks drink voucher for my 8 day stay in lieu of breakfast. I thought that was pretty bad because most other Hyatt properties I've stayed at recently had breakfast but Marriotts didn't. I expected them to at least to give me a starbucks breakfast voucher, or even just a drink voucher per day, but nope. Oh well, SGV had lots of great delicious Asian breakfast places. Around a 20-minute drive to and from LA (DTLA / Koreatown, around 25 - 30 mins to Hollywood), avoiding rush hour. Parking was around $15 a night with unlimited in and out. Will definitely stay here next time; close enough to LA (and surrounding areas) to explore but also a lot cheaper than other hotels in LA.

Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, United Silver, National Exec
Stayed over Thanksgiving.

Breakfast: No breakfast amenity beyond what's available at the club, despite breakfast service having opened up in the restaurant.
Club: The club was semi-operational. Pretty bare breakfast service (three hot plates served by staff), and no other service during the day.
Current Offerings: Letter covering current hotel offerings attached below.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
What's "Californian cuisine"? Asking as a Californian.

What's more surprising is that you made it 4 days without a car. Wow! LA without a car is horrible.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:10 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by road2elysium
Stayed over Thanksgiving.

Breakfast: No breakfast amenity beyond what's available at the club, despite breakfast service having opened up in the restaurant.
Club: The club was semi-operational. Pretty bare breakfast service (three hot plates served by staff), and no other service during the day.
Current Offerings: Letter covering current hotel offerings attached below.
The breakfast offering is brand standard for Sheraton. The alternative is to cash in your amenity points for breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos

What's more surprising is that you made it 4 days without a car. Wow! LA without a car is horrible.
Take any dish, add avocado - bam! - Californian cuisine

Actually this is the area where one can easily get by without car assuming the goal is to explore local Asian stuff. Multiple plazas within a few blocks packed with restaurants shops salons etc - many as authentic as you will find outside asia... for any foodie interested in a variety of asian Chinese cuisines this is an awesome place to stay. Note this is Chinese (not Japanese Korean etc - there are other areas for those) and this is where many families from all over la area come for grocery shopping haircuts eating etc. Plenty of Asian students from usc ucla etc..
Basically as close to china as you will get during this pandemic.
(And try to find a single American brand car on a parking lot of 99 ranch mall - quite entertaining)
road2elysium and ryw like this.

Last edited by azepine00; Jan 11, 2022 at 9:41 am
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos

Take a drive through the Central Valley, note what is grown there, and then try to find it into incorporated into food items in a restaurant.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by stvr
Take a drive through the Central Valley, note what is grown there, and then try to find it into incorporated into food items in a restaurant.
In speaking of agriculture, I found it interesting that in Miami I found many stores selling mangoes. But almost none of them were from the Homestead area, where they grow mangoes. They were all imported.
And in Texas it was hard to find Texas oranges (admittedly some oranges weren't labelled, so presumably they could be grown in Texas, but many that had an origin listed were from California).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.