W Goa, India [Master Thread]

Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

W Goa, India [Master Thread]

It's been open for a few weeks, please post your reviews. Anyone knows if golds get free brekky?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
It's been open for a few weeks, please post your reviews. Anyone knows if golds get free brekky?
Can we turn this into a "Master thread"??

Is breakfast a Gold Elite benefit?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
Why would an SPG Gold get free "brekky" at an SPG property?

Regards
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Has anyone stayed here? Feedback? Tips?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by chanp
Has anyone stayed here? Feedback? Tips?
Have been there for a week last month. Location is very nice but the hotel hardware is already in terrible condition. Whoever build that property made sure investors won't have much fun. Countless little things are broke, not working, dirty, shabby.
Staff is very attentive (sometimes overly), food is good but really overpriced.

It very much depends on what do you expect from your stay. In any case, better go there within the next two years. I can't imagine how this hotel can keep the hardware up to what one would expect considering the rates are beeing pretty high throughout.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by red star
considering the rates are beeing pretty high throughout.
rates are unusually high here compared to other 5 star resorts in the area....i drove past the property a few months ago & liked the location....wonder how they are doing with occupancy levels with these higher rates????
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
rates are unusually high here compared to other 5 star resorts in the area....i drove past the property a few months ago & liked the location....wonder how they are doing with occupancy levels with these higher rates????
The hotel seems to be a fancy weekend place for wealthy locals and a favorite for event managers. Thats why it is booked to the limits one day and pretty empty on the next.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by red star
Have been there for a week last month. Location is very nice but the hotel hardware is already in terrible condition. Whoever build that property made sure investors won't have much fun. Countless little things are broke, not working, dirty, shabby.
Staff is very attentive (sometimes overly), food is good but really overpriced.

It very much depends on what do you expect from your stay. In any case, better go there within the next two years. I can't imagine how this hotel can keep the hardware up to what one would expect considering the rates are beeing pretty high throughout.
Thanks for the info, thought there would be more reviews by now of the resort.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Silver
Not much of a poster but I was so impressed with this property I'm inclined to fire off a very quick review.

I totally disagree about the hotel being shabby - I found everything in perfect condition and of a high quality.
I found the staff all truly excellent, everyone I interacted with was trained to a very high level, genuinely friendly and up for a chat.
F&B consistently a winner
W insider and GM both at the top of their game
Excellent gold recognition.
Spacious rooms

Honestly - one of my favourite W properties.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Morph90
Not much of a poster but I was so impressed with this property I'm inclined to fire off a very quick review.

I totally disagree about the hotel being shabby - I found everything in perfect condition and of a high quality.
I found the staff all truly excellent, everyone I interacted with was trained to a very high level, genuinely friendly and up for a chat.
F&B consistently a winner
W insider and GM both at the top of their game
Excellent gold recognition.
Spacious rooms

Honestly - one of my favourite W properties.
i would agree with the above! A excellent hotel and great example of what's a W should be!
Old Dec 25, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Any recent reviews? Looking for a hotel in Goa and was curious about the W vs ITC and others? Is this on the beach?

Last edited by PrivatePilot; Dec 25, 2022 at 11:37 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.