Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:48 pm

Does anyone who’s been there recently know what type of coffee makers are in the rooms? I’ve heard Nespresso - if so, is it the older style Nespresso that makes espressos only, or the VertuoLine which makes coffee as well as espresso?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by levman
Does anyone who’s been there recently know what type of coffee makers are in the rooms? I’ve heard Nespresso - if so, is it the older style Nespresso that makes espressos only, or the VertuoLine which makes coffee as well as espresso?
Nespresso. And I think it's the older ones, because I was only able to get a very tiny cup of strong coffee. And those suckers are noisy as heck! I had to put mine in the bathroom area just to operate it properly, and so it didn't wake up the entire family in the AM. Good coffee, though...
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:28 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by pokee
Nespresso. And I think it's the older ones, because I was only able to get a very tiny cup of strong coffee. And those suckers are noisy as heck! I had to put mine in the bathroom area just to operate it properly, and so it didn't wake up the entire family in the AM. Good coffee, though...
In January we voted this "worst hotel coffee. Ever." In July we wondered, maybe, user error and indeed two pods of Expresso in one cup is between passable and decent. So, I've upgraded our initial assessment to, "maddening".
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by levman
I have never seen Vertuo in a hotel room. The pods cost 2x.

I have both machines, and the older Nespresso tastes better IMO.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: United 1P
What exactly are the included Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Thanks! Any recommendations for first night meals? We'll be arriving at OGG at 5:30pm after a long day of travel from the east coast. I'm sure we'll just want to get to the hotel asap that day. Aside from ordering food at the resort (poolside perhaps - I know it's pricey), are there better/less expensive options near the property for a quick meal? Or is the hotel the best bet and we'll be able to find something to eat for a decent price?

FWIW, we plan on hitting Monkey Pod later that week.,
I think your best bet would be to stop somewhere in Kihei on the way to the hotel. We really enjoyed the fish tacos at Coconut's Fish Cafe for something quicker but still very tasty. As for Monkey Pod, I was somewhat disappointed. Seemed like we got better food for a lower price point other places. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Sansei is nearby and is great for sushi - not a hotel restaurant so you aren't paying the mark-up
davidsc111 and polyesther like this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
Thanks! Any recommendations for first night meals? We'll be arriving at OGG at 5:30pm after a long day of travel from the east coast. I'm sure we'll just want to get to the hotel asap that day. Aside from ordering food at the resort (poolside perhaps - I know it's pricey), are there better/less expensive options near the property for a quick meal? Or is the hotel the best bet and we'll be able to find something to eat for a decent price?

FWIW, we plan on hitting Monkey Pod later that week.,
Da Kitchen in Kahului is almost always a first stop for us when arriving at OGG! Keep in mind it can get crowded though. Great local "grinds" and excellent staff.

Just came back from Maui on the 17th.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
I think your best bet would be to stop somewhere in Kihei on the way to the hotel. We really enjoyed the fish tacos at Coconut's Fish Cafe for something quicker but still very tasty. As for Monkey Pod, I was somewhat disappointed. Seemed like we got better food for a lower price point other places. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing?
Surprisingly enough, it seems that Monkeypod in Wailea vs the one in Kaanapali are quite different in terms of quality!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:39 pm

If you walk about 45 minutes into Kihei, there is a conglomerate of food trucks that are excellent. The guys in the back with the fresh tuna and coleslaw are definitely worth it.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:33 am

Last question - headed there with 3 kids including a 2 YO. My SO wants to bring some beach toys - I am hesitant to. Does the hotel provide plenty of things like that (sand shovels, buckets, etc.)?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:36 am

Last question - headed there with 3 kids including a 2 YO. My SO wants to bring some beach toys - I am hesitant to. Does the hotel provide plenty of things like that (sand shovels, buckets, etc.)?
We were there Feb with 2 little kids (4 and 2). We didn't bring any beach toys but on the 1st day on the beach, someone that was leaving handed us a bunch of beach toys. We ended up collecting more each day. We gave all the toys to families with kids the last day we were there.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by tawcan
We were there Feb with 2 little kids (4 and 2). We didn't bring any beach toys but on the 1st day on the beach, someone that was leaving handed us a bunch of beach toys. We ended up collecting more each day. We gave all the toys to families with kids the last day we were there.
Same here.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:59 am

If you don't find any freebies, you can always stop at an ABC store and pick some up. There's one by the hotel in the Shops at Wailea.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kaw753
If you walk about 45 minutes into Kihei, there is a conglomerate of food trucks that are excellent. The guys in the back with the fresh tuna and coleslaw are definitely worth it.
My go-to is Horhito's!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.