Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by escape4
Thanks, I am curious to see if this is a recent change or not. Perhaps someone staying at MM in the next few weeks will be able to confirm.
Every once in awhile someone claims to have eaten Goji but it's never been my experience and subsequent inquiries always result in the same answer from lounge staff, most of whom at least recognize me if not know me well. If MM didn't allow resto breakfasts previously I have a difficult time believing they do now, and the allowance wasn't listed in the posted lounge paper. There's no reason to believe OP is fabricating this claim but I'd bet there's something else at play.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:34 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Does anyone have experience with a 4 PM late checkout here as a Plat? I will have an 8 PM flight and would to grab a shower before heading out.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Does anyone have experience with a 4 PM late checkout here as a Plat? I will have an 8 PM flight and would to grab a shower before heading out.
I thought 4 pm is guaranteed. Why would there be any issue?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:37 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
thought 4 pm is guaranteed. Why would there be any issue?
From the Marriott web site >>Guaranteed 4 p.m. late checkout, subject to availability at resort and convention hotels.<<
Does this property qualify as a convention hotel?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tomphot

From the Marriott web site >>Guaranteed 4 p.m. late checkout, subject to availability at resort and convention hotels.<<
Does this property qualify as a convention hotel?

You will have no problem with a 4pm checkout.

At the property now and the lunch in the lounge has been enhanced. It's now little crappy small bites. Yesterday was a slice of smoked duck on mini bagels, beets with cheese on bread and corn salad in some milky soupy goo. A few days before it was mini tuna salad sandwiches on white bread and macaroni salad in pesto sauce.

They also have fresh coconuts which, to me, is the only saving grace of the noon-2:30pm stretch. However by 1:15PM, when I arrived at the lounge yesterday, they had all been consumed.

The breakfast and evening selections are still good, but the midday changes are disappointing.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You will have no problem with a 4pm checkout.

At the property now and the lunch in the lounge has been enhanced. It's now little crappy small bites. Yesterday was a slice of smoked duck on mini bagels, beets with cheese on bread and corn salad in some milky soupy goo. A few days before it was mini tuna salad sandwiches on white bread and macaroni salad in pesto sauce.

They also have fresh coconuts which, to me, is the only saving grace of the noon-2:30pm stretch. However by 1:15PM, when I arrived at the lounge yesterday, they had all been consumed.

The breakfast and evening selections are still good, but the midday changes are disappointing.
So they just removed the main entree? Two month back I stayed two nights and thought the lunch was great ( two choices including expensive Sea Bass first day) and really highlight of Marquis while their breakfast offer at lounge probably the worst among Marriott BKK hotels very few Asian items IMO. Before your post, I have planed to stay more at Marquis going forward, if this enhancement persists, I will definitely reconsider. Suit upgrade opportunity is great there while the executive room is crappy without bath tub if you are out of luck to get the suit.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomwhom
So they just removed the main entree? Two month back I stayed two nights and thought the lunch was great ( two choices including expensive Sea Bass first day) and really highlight of Marquis while their breakfast offer at lounge probably the worst among Marriott BKK hotels very few Asian items IMO.
During lunch time the kitchen is closed and the paltry food items are on the round table near the back refrigerators. This was definitely a disappointment.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
During lunch time the kitchen is closed and the paltry food items are on the round table near the back refrigerators. This was definitely a disappointment.
I agree that the food is VERY disappointing. "Lunch" is a joke and breakfast has the same (inedible, tasteless) 3 choices of asian items each day. The only highlight for me was that passion fruit was available for breakfast.
All in all much less experience than I had hoped. This with the huge convention hotel atmosphere is really just not for me.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estnet
I agree that the food is VERY disappointing. "Lunch" is a joke and breakfast has the same (inedible, tasteless) 3 choices of asian items each day. The only highlight for me was that passion fruit was available for breakfast.
All in all much less experience than I had hoped. This with the huge convention hotel atmosphere is really just not for me.
I'm not a passion fruit fan and what used to be a solid rotation of fruit has succumbed to the same thing everyday; pineapple, watermelon and papaya. The fourth fruit 'rotates' dragon fruit, passion fruit or pomelo/mango (the last two only once in the last 5 days). Coconuts during 'lunch' haven't been present for several days now and apparently they are having problems sourcing it.... of which I'm skeptical.

Breakfast is fine for me as I'm OK with a western style in the absence of viable asian fare.

The conferences and supremely crowded elevators and lounge are getting on my nerves.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I continue to like this hotel after numerous stays.

One minor gripe: there seem to be no service elevators. All manner of staff rides the main ones -- and sometimes after calling an elevator will not enter if there are customers in it, which means they wasted (a very small amount of) customers' time for nothing.

Agree about the lunch situation in the lounge. It was better before. But I still really like this hotel.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tai4de2

One minor gripe: there seem to be no service elevators. All manner of staff rides the main ones -- and sometimes after calling an elevator will not enter if there are customers in it, which means they wasted (a very small amount of) customers' time for nothing.

Agree about the lunch situation in the lounge. It was better before. But I still really like this hotel.
My go-to property in Bangkok. If only they can offer breakfast at Goji as a choice of welcome amenity that will be nice.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:32 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Disappointing. It's only a couple months ago that I praised this hotel for standing out in a good way with their lunch.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I'm not a passion fruit fan and what used to be a solid rotation of fruit has succumbed to the same thing everyday; pineapple, watermelon and papaya. The fourth fruit 'rotates' dragon fruit, passion fruit or pomelo/mango (the last two only once in the last 5 days). Coconuts during 'lunch' haven't been present for several days now and apparently they are having problems sourcing it.... of which I'm skeptical.

Breakfast is fine for me as I'm OK with a western style in the absence of viable asian fare.

The conferences and supremely crowded elevators and lounge are getting on my nerves.
The conferences and overcrowded everything as well as the other issues makes this a no go for me ;(
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tai4de2

There is absolutely a staff elevator and I took it to check in. A huge congregation of a (Korean?) biotech where hundreds of hallucinogenic shower curtain clad sheep were packed at the elevators two loads deep... it would have taken 15 min easily to get upstairs but the FDC suggested the staff elevator and I readily agreed.

I also like this hotel and the lounge staff are fantastic... but the shine is wearing off.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another strange change I've noticed over many days: I've been to the gym everyday but 1, at varied times, and I've not seen one moment where staff was cleaning any used cardio machines. It used to be you knew a treadmill/bike/elliptical was clean because it had a towel and water bottle, no more. They no longer place either in machines and don't seem to actively clean them either, at least not that I've noticed in many hours spent in the gym.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.