Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I have an upcoming stay with two teens. I had originally booked a room with two beds, and was going to order a rollaway. However, as a plat premier, I've been upgraded to an M Suite which looks to only have a king bed. Does anyone know if that's right? Does the living room have a bed that folds out?

Thanks
My M Suite had a King and I'm not sure if the sofa was a pullout. My understanding is there is a "Family Version" of the M Suite, but I don't know the setup. Reach out to the hotel and see if that version would work for you and, if so, if you can be booked in it.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
So ... to answer my question, there were no suites with two beds and the sofa did not pullout. We just ordered a rollaway bed. They didn't charge us beyond the extra person charge.

Definitely a great hotel, good concierge lounge, great staff. Not sure about the location, relative to other Marriott properties as getting from the hotel to the temples and other key locations is all around an 45 minutes to an hour.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
I am currently stay in this hotel and i have some comment on the hotel service.

The hotel is very new and facilities are good, however the service provided by the hotel lounge is the worst lounge I have ever seen.

They said they offer tea set and pre-dinner in lounge, but yesterday we arrived there and the staff only told us there are biscuits to eat.

For today breakfast, the choice offered in lounge was terrible. Everything were substandard.

We were disappointed and we decided to express our bad feeling on their service.

They apologized first and they said we were not offered for the tea set simply because we did not ask (what?) and same reason for the wine (yes again our fault).

We also asked if they can let us to have breakfast in main restaurant and they simply said no and we are requested to pay extra for that. (they could only give us an "attractive" breakfast rate by paying extra THB580++ per person)

It made us angry as we actually paid more to get the club lounge access. (in our original booking, breakfasts in the main restaurant were included and we paid even less)

at last we asked if they can downgrade us so we could be removed from club lounge benefit and have breakfast in the main restaurant with the same price we paid. She still said NO.

It was also ridiculous when they said they could offer special rate for their Sunday brunch. It made me feel this hotel only want to charge you as much as they could and never care what their guest think.

Therefore, unless you can get the lounge for free. AVOID the lounge and you will stay happier without the club.
Attached Images   
Old May 22, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by kcl0203
I am currently stay in this hotel and i have some comment on the hotel service.

The hotel is very new and facilities are good, however the service provided by the hotel lounge is the worst lounge I have ever seen.

They said they offer tea set and pre-dinner in lounge, but yesterday we arrived there and the staff only told us there are biscuits to eat.

For today breakfast, the choice offered in lounge was terrible. Everything were substandard.
I confess I'm not sure if you've posted this in the right hotel thread as I stayed at the hotel last week and used the lounge for three days. While I don't think the lounge food is incredible, its certainly above average. I did not visit the lounge during tea time so I can't comment there. I did, however, visit the lounge for breakfast and dinner/drinks time.

For example, at breakfast, in the back section of the food area, they had several bowls of different fresh fruits (the papaya was excellent); off to the side, they had an Asian breakfast area with a noodles, Thai food, and Indian food; in the center, they had a mix of breads and meats (I was disappointed that they only had one type of cheese); and there was an egg chef in the back right corner with a Western breakfast with a mix of English breakfast staples of beans, mushrooms, a semi-stewed tomato, a frittata, English style bacon, Asian style sausages (which I confess remind me of canned meats from my Boy Scout days -- but they even serve them in the Al Mourjan lounge in Doha), and the egg chef would make eggs however you want them. Personally, I would have preferred some higher quality European cheeses but the breads were high quality, the fruit choices and quality was excellent, and the other food was decent.

At dinner time, they also had a variety of foods. They were all pretty decent and it was certainly sufficient to eat dinner in the lounge with the variety of Thai and Indian choices. There were a variety of drinks available in an open bar that ran until midnight (alas ... conference calls from the concierge lounge from 8-12 PM to capture the US business day). The deserts were just so so.

As noted, I wasn't there for tea time and would have been spoiled after enjoying tea time a few days at the JW in Singapore ... but that's a different story and likely better because of the English heritage of Singapore.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
I confess I'm not sure if you've posted this in the right hotel thread as I stayed at the hotel last week and used the lounge for three days. While I don't think the lounge food is incredible, its certainly above average. I did not visit the lounge during tea time so I can't comment there. I did, however, visit the lounge for breakfast and dinner/drinks time.

For example, at breakfast, in the back section of the food area, they had several bowls of different fresh fruits (the papaya was excellent); off to the side, they had an Asian breakfast area with a noodles, Thai food, and Indian food; in the center, they had a mix of breads and meats (I was disappointed that they only had one type of cheese); and there was an egg chef in the back right corner with a Western breakfast with a mix of English breakfast staples of beans, mushrooms, a semi-stewed tomato, a frittata, English style bacon, Asian style sausages (which I confess remind me of canned meats from my Boy Scout days -- but they even serve them in the Al Mourjan lounge in Doha), and the egg chef would make eggs however you want them. Personally, I would have preferred some higher quality European cheeses but the breads were high quality, the fruit choices and quality was excellent, and the other food was decent.

At dinner time, they also had a variety of foods. They were all pretty decent and it was certainly sufficient to eat dinner in the lounge with the variety of Thai and Indian choices. There were a variety of drinks available in an open bar that ran until midnight (alas ... conference calls from the concierge lounge from 8-12 PM to capture the US business day). The deserts were just so so.

As noted, I wasn't there for tea time and would have been spoiled after enjoying tea time a few days at the JW in Singapore ... but that's a different story and likely better because of the English heritage of Singapore.
I am sure we have visited the same hotel.

We did visit all the facilities in this hotel (spa, restaurant for lunch and dinner), services were all good except the lounge.

As I have mentioned earlier, we paid for the lounge access. The price we paid for this excellent lunch was even cheaper than the up-selling charge. Tea set offered by the lounge was truly disappointed.

Dinner buffet in main restaurant was also good and choices were much much better. Today the lounge gets "melon cake" as dessert ...

The lounge is totally unacceptable comparing with the main restaurant. While they are serving hainanese chicken rice in the main restaurant, the lounge only get mix of breads ....
Attached Images     
Old May 23, 2017, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by kcl0203
As I have mentioned earlier, we paid for the lounge access. The price we paid for this excellent lunch was even cheaper than the up-selling charge. Tea set offered by the lounge was truly disappointed.

Dinner buffet in main restaurant was also good and choices were much much better. Today the lounge gets "melon cake" as dessert ...

The lounge is totally unacceptable comparing with the main restaurant. While they are serving hainanese chicken rice in the main restaurant, the lounge only get mix of breads ....
So ... if I'm interpreting your post, seems like you had a different expectation from the lounge. Marriott lounges never offer choices that are equivalent to the dinner buffet in the main restaurant. .

For example, in my US Marriott today (I usually stay 100-150 nights a year at Marriotts) the breakfast offered this morning in the lounge was scrambled eggs in a heated catering pan, bacon, yogurt, pastries, oatmeal (Bill Marriott always insists on oatmeal) and fruits. Tonight, they will likely have something like egg rolls in a heated catering pan, some cheeses, and a light salad. Beer and wine will be available for purchase.

In contrast, internationally, Marriott lounges are better. For example, the Queens Park property had an egg chef (I don't normally see this in Marriott properties in Europe or South America). They probably have a selection of 50-60 different items available at the Queens Park for breakfast and hors d'oeuvres compared to a handful in US properties. However, its not at the level of a hotel restaurant. Additionally, Queens Park has an open bar with wine, champagne, several different fruit juices, other alcohol (tequila, vodka, gin, whisky, etc), and beers, all of which were free. You can certainly eat enough variety to avoid dinner if you want.

I'm curious how much the up charge was?
Old May 23, 2017, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So ... if I'm interpreting your post, seems like you had a different expectation from the lounge.
That was my reaction.

If the expectation was a Ritz Carlton equivalent, that was bound to be disappointed.

Look forward to checking this property out next weekend.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
That was my reaction.

If the expectation was a Ritz Carlton equivalent, that was bound to be disappointed.
I was going to mention that he may have had a Ritz Carlton expectation.

I thought the lounge was better than the average International lounge and certainly much better than in the average US lounge. On the other hand, I certainly wouldn't consider it to be the best as others have said and personally preferred the lounge at the JW and Singapore that I also visited last week. The physical lounge was excellent and the service was excellent as well. On the other hand, if you're looking for a buffet of curries and thai noodle dishes, this isn't it.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
if you're looking for a buffet of curries and thai noodle dishes, this isn't it.
Nah, IMO lounge food is no substitute for the real thing in Thailand
Old May 24, 2017, 5:54 am

Nah, IMO lounge food is no substitute for the real thing in Thailand
+1

On the other hand, if you have four hours of conference calls beginning at 730 PM local and want to sit in a place with a solid wifi signal, decent atmosphere, plenty of room, and someone who keeps bringing you free drinks, this is a good place! Sigh

I am curious what the upcharge is for those who don't get free access.

Last edited by C17PSGR; May 24, 2017 at 6:07 am
Old May 24, 2017, 6:36 am
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
I was going to mention that he may have had a Ritz Carlton expectation.

I thought the lounge was better than the average International lounge and certainly much better than in the average US lounge. On the other hand, I certainly wouldn't consider it to be the best as others have said and personally preferred the lounge at the JW and Singapore that I also visited last week. The physical lounge was excellent and the service was excellent as well. On the other hand, if you're looking for a buffet of curries and thai noodle dishes, this isn't it.
I agree. I’ve stayed at Queen’s Park six times since the opening in December and have found the lounge to be very good both for breakfast and the evening service. Even better than the JW South Beach Singapore or the boring and predictable JW BKK which I gave up on about four years ago. My guess is that the OP does not understand the nature of the lounge experience. It is not a private dining club nor a replacement for a full buffet breakfast or dinner at Goji. In addition, the lounge service is fantastic. After a visit or two, your favorite cocktail is delivered without asking and the servers spend a little time to chat with you in a warm and friendly manner and personalize the experience. Based on my personal experience at Queens's Park, I'd categorize this one as a one off and to be taken with a grain or two of salt.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by dfe
In addition, the lounge service is fantastic. After a visit or two, your favorite cocktail is delivered without asking and the servers spend a little time to chat with you in a warm and friendly manner and personalize the experience.
I agree on that. For example, in the morning, when I walked in the lounge, I was greeted with "Good morning Mr. C17PSGR, may I bring you a latte?" I was wondering if they required lounge atttendants and staff to learn guest names. Similarly, while I was waiting in the lobby for an Uber, the desk agent that had checked me in earlier in the week, walked over to chat with me and make sure everything was up to standard.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
That was my reaction.
As was mine.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:19 pm

Just completed a quick one night stay (overnighting on the way to Samui). Used a Cat 1-4 cert and was upgraded to an M suite on the 31st floor. Arrived late and was checked in by Monica, who could not have been nicer. This was a constant theme: the staff here is phenomenal.

Really liked the room. Nicely furnished, comfortable, and very quiet. Only negatives were inability to fine-tune the lights and the glassed in toilet. I just don't understand this trend.

The lounge is really nice, especially the outdoor terrace, which had a nice breeze and was surprisingly pleasant. I'd rate the breakfast a B or B+ - there were lots of options, but quality of some items (cold cuts, salmon, sausages, hot food) was a cut below what you would see at a 5*. (Which is really an unfair comparison when I think about it, considering typical room rates here in the 3500-4000 THB range.) Wish they would turn off the CNN on all the TVs, not exactly how I like to start my day, but this seems to be a Marriott brand standard.

Gate to the park was not just closed, but blocked off by large potted plants. A shame, as that would make what is otherwise a rather long and hot walk to BTS much quicker and more pleasant.

Stopped off quickly in the Siam Tea Room before leaving and was blown away by the quality of the baked goods. This could be Paris, but at a quarter of the price.

Overall, an excellent stay and I will definitely return next time I'm in Bangkok.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:41 am
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Gate to the park was not just closed, but blocked off by large potted plants. A shame, as that would make what is otherwise a rather long and hot walk to BTS much quicker and more pleasant.
Wonder what the deal is with the gate--and assume that you are talking about the brand new one by Goji with the up and down escalators. It was open just a couple of weeks ago when I was there and was super handy to get over to Emporium and Phrong Phong BTS. Hope someone can advise.

Otherwise agree 100% with your review ^--great place at a very decent price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.