Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Jaisalmer Marriott Resort & Spa - India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...esort-and-spa/

Category 3.

"Soak in the beauty of the authentic architecture of a fascinating bygone era and discover the rich history of Jaisalmer. One of Rajasthan’s biggest tourist destinations, Jaisalmer with its resplendent fort, elaborate havelis and vast sand dunes is a getaway to the seemingly endless Thar Desert.

Jaisalmer Marriott Resort & Spa is suitably located at just 3.3 km from the Jaisalmer Railway Station and a few minutes away from all major shopping points and attractions of the city. The luxurious desert property offers 137 exquisitely designed rooms and suites offering deluxe bedding and marble bathrooms to 42 inch LED TVs and 24-hour room service. Start your day with an elaborate buffet breakfast or indulge in a quick workout at our fitness center. Rejuvenate yourself with personalized therapies at Quan Spa or simply unwind in serenity by our poolside. "

Grand Opening Offer

A never before and never after deal, just for you at our contemporary palace hotel in Jaisalmer!

Offer includes:
• Well-appointed rooms
• Complimentary buffet breakfast at the all-day dining restaurant
• INR 1,000 credit per day with a maximum credit limit of INR 3,000
• Credit can be used for railway transfer, local transfer, food and
beverage usage, Internet usage and room upgrade

Reservations
Be sure that promotional code ZX0 appears in the Corporate/Promotional code box when making your online reservation, or call 1-800-228-9290 in the US and ask for promotional code ZX0. For toll-free numbers outside the US please click here.
Valid through: December 31, 2016
Promotional Code: ZX0
Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:11 pm

Has anyone on FT stayed here yet? I'm thinking of staying at this property next month and am interested in folks' thoughts.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:37 am
Original Poster

If you stay there next month please do a trip report after your stay. Thanks!

Cheers.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you stay there next month please do a trip report after your stay. Thanks!

Cheers.
I did end up staying here for 5 days over New Years Eve 2016 - 2017. The short version - this is a very nice hotel and I would stay here again if I were in the area.

Long(er) version:

As mentioned earlier in this thread, this is a new hotel. So new that some of the advertised amenities (like the rooftop bar area, and even the hotel shop) weren't open yet. But what was open was all excellent - it was obvious that a lot of money was pumped into the property.

The rooms were nice and pretty large. I booked 3 rooms and didn't get any real upgrade (I'm Marriott Platinum). That might have been due to the holiday and the hotel being pretty full, so I'm not sure what a MR Platinum can expect during less busy periods. Two of the rooms were upgraded to "Fort View" rooms. This meant two things, 1) if the pollution / haze went away you could see the fort in the distance, and 2) you were more likely to hear construction and road noise from outside. The size of the room was the same as the normal courtyard rooms.

As mentioned, no real Platinum upgrade was provided. We did receive from fruit / sweets in the rooms, but we weren't sure if those were in all rooms or were due to MR status. Either way they were nice. But the very nice thing was that breakfast was included for all rooms (while one room was fully on points, the other rooms were a mix of paid and points). We did have 3 MR elite members (1 Platinum, 2 Golds) so put down that one elite member was in each of the 3 rooms. Since this hotel calls itself a resort we weren't expecting free breakfast, but it was a nice surprise. Also on the MR elite part, there was no lounge and no happy hour or anything like that.

The food at the property was all excellent. We sometimes would come back from the fort area (which is just about a 5 minute drive) just for lunch since we had some people new to India and they preferred to eat at the hotel. There was a nice selection of western, Indian, and regional items. This next part will only apply to some folks, but the NYE gala was also very well done - unlimited food and drinks, party favors, local musicians - a very good time.

The staff could not have been better - they were on-point without being overbearing (as many times happens in India).

Overall this was a steal for 15,000 MR points / night. I'd quickly return if I'm in the area again. My guess is that this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip though, as Jaisalmer is just so far from anything. We live in Hyderabad and it took almost an entire day to fly first to Delhi, then to Jodhpur, and then get a car to Jaisalmer. Add in that many Jodhpur flights are delayed due to pollution and you're looking at some serious (and stressful) travel time. But if you're traveling around India and are already in Rajasthan then this is worth the trip. We found the Jaisalmer fort to be wonderful. It's still a living fort, with ~15,000 people living and working inside it. We went to it the first day and ended up spending about 7 hours inside. Then we went back again and stayed another full day just exploring the fort (one of the luxuries of spending 5 days in the area).

Please let me know if anyone has any questions about this hotel, the area, or India travel in general.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Had an amazing stay here back in April with my girlfriend. The full review is below, and pictures are available on my personal blog - https://www.tsunamiseason.com/planes...iott-jaisalmer

Hope this is helpful!

On our trip to Rajasthan we were spending four nights in the living fort city of Jaisalmer. We had been contemplating staying at one of the hotels inside the fort, but later learned that the fort is deteriorating quickly due to hotels and restaurants opening within the fort and putting pressure on a deteriorating, ancient drainage system. There was a new Marriott just a mile away from the fort, so we decided to give it a try since it seemed a solid value on points.

Check In: After an 8 hour car journey from Jaipur, we were excited to have finally arrived in mystical Jaisalmer. Upon walking into the lobby, we were greeted by Mohit, the front office manager who was expecting our arrival and provided incredible service throughout our stay. I was given a local turban hat to wear, while Sari was given a beautiful local scarf. After presenting our passports, we were given a choice of sweet and salty snacks and drinks to be sent up to our room which was a nice touch. We chose a local Indian red which was the perfect nightcap. Mohit suggested how we spend the next few days in Jaisalmer, and even noted the type of Indian sweets we loved so he could periodically send some up to our room. As a platinum guest, breakfast was included along with evening cocktails and small bites from 7-9 PM.

After check-in was complete, he walked us to our upgrade 1 bedroom suite. The whole hotel still had a new smell and we found out the soft launch had started 6 months ago. The official opening was slated for October 2017.

The Room: The 1 bedroom suite we were staying in was spacious, modern and well-appointed. It had large living area with couches, a small dining table and a mini-bar along with a half bathroom. On the other side of sliding doors was the bedroom with a large bathroom that had a rainfall shower, bathtub and two sinks.

The Property: The building is designed in a figure 8, with a large fountain in the first courtyard, and a pool in the second courtyard. The lobby looks out onto the large restaurant below and is adjacent to the bar. The décor has Rajasthani flavor, but is not as tastefully done as the ITC Rajputana in Jaipur. The gym was well-appointed and included treadmills, bikes, freeweights and a cable machine.

The Service: Throughout our stay at the resort, the service was exceptional. People catered to our every need and went above and beyond the call of duty. Since the hotel was quite empty during our stay, there was no breakfast buffet on offer but we were allowed to order anything from the a la carte menu which we actually preferred. The breakfast chef even made sure to come out to say hello to us every day, and offered to make local delicacies that weren’t on the menu. One morning, he made our favorite sweet treat, piping hot Indian Jelabis, which are a deep fried sugary, saffron colored pretzel with a gooey inside served with yogurt to dip in. They were far and away the best we’d ever had in our life.

Another evening, we got chatting with Gaurav, the bartender who mentioned the cocktails he loved making, and how he even makes molecular cocktails at the bar. We told him that we’d love to try some, so the next day he went into the garden they have onsite to make fresh tamarind juice, lime juice, green mango extract and pull some other fresh herbs! All the cocktails he made were impressive, and the fact that this was included in our platinum happy hour was incredible. We couldn’t thank him and the rest of the staff enough.

At the end of our stay, we did not want to leave. We felt like we had become friends with everyone at the hotel. The last night, was my birthday and at night the crew had come to our room with a delicious chocolate cake and a card signed from the entire crew, which included a picture of us from breakfast a few days ago! We had not informed anyone, and couldn’t believe the thoughtfulness and attention to detail.

We had an early train the next day, and had setup transportation to the station through the front desk. As we dragged our bags to the lobby and dreaded our departure we saw Mohit waiting at the front desk. We found he had packed breakfast boxes for us and would be accompanying us on our ride to the train station. He even helped us get settled in and find our seats on the train.

All in all, our stay at the Marriott Jaisalmer was perfect. The property was beautiful, but the standout was the service which was the best we have received anywhere in the world. They have created a work environment where the employees feel empowered to be entrepreneurial and creative, rather than read straight from the manual handed out in training. The chef is empowered to share off the menu items with his guests, the bartender is empowered to grow fruits and herbs for unique cocktails in the bar, and the management is empowered to help their guests in situations they are not potentially profiting off of. We are usually SPG people and were worried about the merger. This was our first stay at a Marriott which we transferred points over for and its safe to say we were blown away.

We spent 15,000 Marriott points a night (worth around $135 according to The Points Guy), which we found as an incredible value. We were not only upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite, but also received breakfast and cocktail hours from 7-9 PM. What really made our stay special was the staff, which went above and beyond every opportunity they had. We will definitely be returning to the property and recommending it to everyone we know.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. Sounds like a fabulous stay.

Cheers.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:43 am

Was hoping to stay here on points over Christmas (my friends aren't flexible on dates), but looks like standard rooms are mostly sold out online! Or they are blocking them off.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by abcx
Was hoping to stay here on points over Christmas (my friends aren't flexible on dates), but looks like standard rooms are mostly sold out online! Or they are blocking them off.
I found the same thing last year at New Year's. Ended up grabbing the one room they had available for award for five nights, and then had to cobble together the other two rooms using cash on some nights and points the other. It was annoying, but the upside was that the paid nights on NYE included the gala whereas the award night did not.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:56 am
Suspended

Staying here for 2 nights coming up. As others have said, I can't believe this is only 15k points per night. Seems crazy to me while they charge 35k for Renaissance Chicago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.