Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotel, Toronto, Canada [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2023, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: delta.toronto@deltahotels.com
Print Wikipost

Delta Hotel, Toronto, Canada [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:35 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Does Delta typically upgrade platinum members into suites? What's are the chances at this hotel on weekends?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:23 am

Not the one in Toronto.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:36 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by YYZ7464
Not the one in Toronto.
OK if not suites then higher room category? Delta hotels are in the same benefits tier as full fledge marriott/renaissance right?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by jix
OK if not suites then higher room category? Delta hotels are in the same benefits tier as full fledge marriott/renaissance right?
Yes, the same benefits apply... so you would be upgraded if available.

The Toronto Delta is a very nice hotel. New, modern and sophisticated. I've only heard great things about it.

Local review here: http://www.blogto.com/hotels/delta-hotel-toronto/#_=_
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:54 am

At the lounge now, and the buffet breakfast is great. Up there with the JW in London (but smaller).

Eggs, smoked salmon, sausage, croissants, prosciutto, fresh fruit.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by simchi
At the lounge now, and the buffet breakfast is great. Up there with the JW in London (but smaller).

Eggs, smoked salmon, sausage, croissants, prosciutto, fresh fruit.
If you have another day there, I highly recommend trying out SOCO kitchen for breakfast. At Delta, your breakfast voucher gives you the option of SOCO or the buffet.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Does this hotel accept debit cards? One TripAdvisor thread said yes, but I can't find a surefire answer. Will e-mail hotel too if needed, but thought I'd ask here first. Would be visiting from US obviously.

Thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by prince.ali
If you have another day there, I highly recommend trying out SOCO kitchen for breakfast. At Delta, your breakfast voucher gives you the option of SOCO or the buffet.
Damn I stayed here a couple weeks ago and they definitely didn't mention that. I just ate at the lounge (which was very nice), but would've went for the other options there if I knew. Is this just a Delta thing? Haven't really seen this at other Marriotts.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Damn I stayed here a couple weeks ago and they definitely didn't mention that. I just ate at the lounge (which was very nice), but would've went for the other options there if I knew. Is this just a Delta thing? Haven't really seen this at other Marriotts.
definitely at other hotels as well. They usually mention it at check-in of you have a choice.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
The policy changed and they no longer offer the choice of the restaurant or the lounge. I specifically asked since I normally get breakfast at SoCo. They apologized and said the policy had changed due to Marriott Corporate in early 2018. I last visited in March and this is when I got surprised with this recent change.

But everything else was/is top notch.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by UAL250
Does this hotel accept debit cards? One TripAdvisor thread said yes, but I can't find a surefire answer. Will e-mail hotel too if needed, but thought I'd ask here first. Would be visiting from US obviously.

Thanks!
Yes, just make sure it has enough for their nightly incidental rate. I forgot what it is.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Yes, just make sure it has enough for their nightly incidental rate. I forgot what it is.
Thank you.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Any recent stays at the Delta? Just booked it for a long weekend and plan on applying SNAs. Also, it's unclear on the website, is self-parking in and out?

TIA
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:49 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Any recent reviews or stay experiences?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: UA General Member, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5-star Gold
I am searching for a hotel for a nice romantic weekend getaway. Would this hotel be a good choice? The price on that weekend seems pretty good - $140/night. Are there other Marriott properties that you would recommend? (The Ritz would be nice, but it is out of my price range).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.