Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun, South Korea [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:25 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Thanks for advice.

Fortunately I earned MR LTP all on my dime but using other criteria then whether the lounge has an omlette station.

Each to their own ........

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
My next CY stay is in the United States. I'm well aware that no CYs in the United States have free breakfast.
I'm wondering whether or not you're either purposefully ignoring what I wrote pointing on the lack of an omelette station or if you think I'm an over-entitled Platinum member pointing out I deserve free breakfast at any CY.

My only point in my OP is if one wants eggs done another way other than scrambled and staying in either CY in Seoul (not any CY in Asia or the United States, but in Seoul), CY Seoul Times Square might be the preferred alternative. End of story
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:50 pm

Anyone know if there's an email contact for this hotel? The website only has a phone number.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
[email protected] is what I used when I stayed last year.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:33 pm

Thanks, hope it hasn't changed.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:44 am

I’m at the property now for a 7 night stay using a cert as a platinum member.

Breakfast only in the exec lounge, the main reataurant is not included.

The lounge is nice but it does get quite crowded.

Location is excellent for buses and a short walk to train stations.

Received a room on the top floor but it seems pretty standard. Modern but small.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Just finished a 6 night stay in the Courtyard.
​​​​​​
Received a room on a high floor, was described as Premier View on the check in document. We had a great view of the gate, think room was standard otherwise. We'd grabbed a really good prepay rate about a week out.

Lounge was good. Breakfast was great and loved the egg station, attendant made a fantastic omlette! We were given vouchers for the restaurant breakfast on our first day as it was a holiday and the offering was great. Under 14s are not permitted during evening food service as 'lots of business men'. I have a one year old and it's a pain not being able to grab a snack or a drink together for the entire evening service but I'm sure others are enjoy the policy. It's a good way to manage capacity as the lounge was busy.

There's a coin operated laundry in the basement which is well maintained. We're on a three month trip so it was welcome for us!

Overall, it was a great stay. We're trying out the Times Square courtyard next week on our way out of South Korea so will be interesting to compare.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ellie_nz
Just finished a 6 night stay in the Courtyard.
​​​​​​
Received a room on a high floor, was described as Premier View on the check in document. We had a great view of the gate, think room was standard otherwise. We'd grabbed a really good prepay rate about a week out.

Lounge was good. Breakfast was great and loved the egg station, attendant made a fantastic omlette! We were given vouchers for the restaurant breakfast on our first day as it was a holiday and the offering was great. Under 14s are not permitted during evening food service as 'lots of business men'. I have a one year old and it's a pain not being able to grab a snack or a drink together for the entire evening service but I'm sure others are enjoy the policy. It's a good way to manage capacity as the lounge was busy.

There's a coin operated laundry in the basement which is well maintained. We're on a three month trip so it was welcome for us!

Overall, it was a great stay. We're trying out the Times Square courtyard next week on our way out of South Korea so will be interesting to compare.
The location and lounge is really nice about the CY Namdaemun even though their rooms are quite small. The CY Times Square has a bad location for tourists unless you need to be in the Yeungdongpo area but their rooms are larger and have office desks. CY TS also closes their lounge during breakfast so breakfast is offered at the MoMo Cafe.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Please know that the area around times square is a bum area full of trash, old buildings etc. At least what we saw when we walked from the metro station to the mall where the hotel is located in. The mall is nice though. But the area behind is not so nice. This was last year in August.
​​​​​
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:37 pm

7 night award stay first week of October.
What are my chances of a suite upgrade?
How can i maximize my chances?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:31 am

Gold no longer entitled to Lounge and breakfast?

I read here Gold members were allowed in lounge and the associated light breakfast before.
I enquired at the email address given in previous post and got the reply only platinum and above are allowed.Just like in NA
Any recent experience?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by petaling108
I read here Gold members were allowed in lounge and the associated light breakfast before.
I enquired at the email address given in previous post and got the reply only platinum and above are allowed.Just like in NA
Any recent experience?
You are probably looking at older posts (pre-integration) when Marriott Gold got lounge access (the old MR Gold required 50 nights so is equivalent to Bonvoy Platinum).
petaling108 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
7 night award stay first week of October.
What are my chances of a suite upgrade?
How can i maximize my chances?
As common in Seoul, hotel suites sell out on weekends quite often. If you ask nicely and indicate willingness to move rooms if the suite isn't available for all 7 nights, you should get lucky.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Any recent stays?

We booked the basic King room (26 sqm), and hoping to secure the suite or at least a larger King room (33 sqm, not a suite) with platinum status.

Will they let our 7-yo join without extra charge? We all sleep in the same King bed when traveling.

Last edited by theOtherHolmes; Jan 5, 2023 at 2:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.