Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa [Master Thread] [LEFT Marriott October 2020]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa [Master Thread] [LEFT Marriott October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Has anyone recently experienced the level of noise from the ongoing construction? I was thinking of booking a heritage suite as they have a good suite rate in late April, but I won't if the noise is clearly audible inside the room.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:01 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Isochronous
I got the Onsen Suite on a recent stay. My thoughts:

1. Nice having the private jacuzzi in the back, although inadequate lighting in a night time. Also means the deck chair/table on the mini balcony in the back can't be used to read/use computer in the evening.

2. No desk in the room.

However, I was pleased as a Platinum to be given a SGD$50 dining credit per day (I was told this is because they lack a lounge), late check out, and they noticed on my profile that I like sparkling water so 2 large bottles of Badoit were delivered on arrival. Very friendly and helpful service overall but I do agree the gym leaves a lot to be desired.
did you use a SNA or did they upgrade you as a platinum ?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by xar
did you use a SNA or did they upgrade you as a platinum ?
Upgrade as a Platinum. No SNA required
xar likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Updates from a recent stay as a Plat Elite:
- Upgrade to Heritage room. The system described by Horizontal is still in place.
- No more $50 F&B credit. Plats get free breakfast, amenity points or a gift (a Merlion statue)
- I did not hear any construction noises during the day.
xar and happygolucky_nomad like this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:33 pm
xar

If i really wanted to try to Onsen Suite do you reckon using an SNA help or would that likely end me up in a Heritage room ?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
FYI. Last time I used the SNA for an upgrade in Oct-2018 for 2 rooms. Was upgraded to a Heritage Suite and Executive Suite.
xar and happygolucky_nomad like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:24 pm
xar

Originally Posted by meremale
FYI. Last time I used the SNA for an upgrade in Oct-2018 for 2 rooms. Was upgraded to a Heritage Suite and Executive Suite.
Thanks for the data point! Looks like I may need to fork out real money to get it.
Curious, did you try and ask for an Onsen suite during your check in?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: Miles&More
Why no more 50SGD credit? This was really nice. Any reasons for this cut?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by xar
Thanks for the data point! Looks like I may need to fork out real money to get it.
Curious, did you try and ask for an Onsen suite during your check in?
Sorry, just saw this - but I would not recommend to go for Onsen Suite.

Not worth the money.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Seeing this message "Rectification works will be carried out for Classic Premium rooms from 15 July 2019 to 23 February 2020 between 9am and 6pm daily. We will do our best to minimise any disruptions." on the booking page.

Seems like almost 7 months of rectification works is being carried out. Doesn't sound like minor works. Anyone knows if the property is finally renovating their rooms?

Anyone who stayed recently able to update on plat benefits? Wondering if it's still difficult to get 4pm checkout here. Planning to stay on a normal weekday.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
They now offer complimentary drink voucher for Platinum elites and above.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Just stayed at Le Meridien Sentosa over the weekend as an Ambassador Elite member. Booked 2 rooms and I received 2 sets of complimentary breakfast (for 4 in total) - Check-in agent was nice enough to offer the complimentary breakfast for the other room. (You need to ask politely) Used 2 SNA for 2 rooms in 1 night and got upgraded to 2 Heritage Suites facing the monorail track/RWS.

As an Ambassador Elite member, I only received 2 drink voucher despite booking 2 rooms, but it's good enough. (This is a replacement benefit for no lounge)

However, a big bummer is that this hotel classifies itself as a "Resort", hence the 4pm guranteed late checkout for Platinum and above does not apply at this hotel. Again, the check-in agent was nice enough to give one room 4pm late check-out and the other room 12pm checkout.
This hotel seriously needs a lounge!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:56 am
xar

Did they offer you the onsen suite or perhaps you may not be keen in staying in it?
Old Oct 31, 2020, 6:53 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
As per the hotel's official Facebook page, Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa is closing for a full renovation at midnight tonight, October 31st, 2020. It will also be leaving Marriott tonight, and reopening in mid-2021 under an as-yet-announced brand.

Ugh, yet another Le Méridien leaving...

khabah
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
wow
sad to see them go,
loved their onsen suite, tho not as much as those days when they still have the in-room steam bath

their rates has also been very friendly for recent years,
even on F1 days which I actually booked for 2020 F1 race, sadly due to COVID-19, it got cancelled

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.