Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center - Spain [Master Thread]

Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center - Spain [Master Thread]

Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I usually stay at the Hilton or CP which are cheaper, but for some reason they were sold out so I tried this Marriott. It's pretty much well described and depicted by aks120 above, except as Platinum perhaps, in my room was a split of cava and a plat of ham and bread to go with the free mini-bar. This place is indeed massive. No suite upgrade, as expected, but I got an exec room close to one of the EL's. Yes, each block has its own EL.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:21 pm

I stayed there for a night on Dec 27. I booked a parking inclusive rate of 75 EUR. The parking is underground and is plentiful. Upon arrival at the lobby at about 9pm there is a pianist playing live music - I found it is classy.

I was pre-upgraded to executive room. Check-in was quick and I found my way to the second tower 3rd floor. (the hotel was huge and there are 4 towers).

Ran to the lounge - ouch - I miss the evening canapes (I believe it is served till 7:30pm) but the lounge attendant was friendly and brought me a plate of hamon iberico. With olives, bread and couple glasses of wine I call it my dinner. There was a menu of hot plates advertised from Monday to Sunday and each day there are 2 hot plate selections being served in the lounge.

Room is modern, clean. They left a bottle of agua con gas with six small boxes of chocolates on the table.

Next day I have my breakfast at the lounge. They serve breakfast till 11am and the cook made my plate of omelette when I arrived at the lounge at 10:50am. The lounge attendants are so friendly there.

I was too tired after an red-eye flight and I didn't check out other facilities.

In summary it was a fabulous stay with a great price.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:06 am

Metro

Was thinking of staying here on our last night before flying out to save some points. Is it easy to get to from the city using the metro? It listed metro stops on the website but didn’t really say anything about getting to the hotel from those stops.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:38 am

The bus stop is directly in front of the hotel.
3 stations until the next metro station Canillejas or some more stations to Avenida América.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:14 am

I recently stayed in the Marriott Auditorum as well. You can feel that it`s just an refurbished Hotel (not sure about the brand before) and it`s a typical spanish Hotel. Howevers, service was very good expecially in the Executive Lounge. Nice Breakfast and average evening Options.

Biggest disadvantage is the location, abolutely nothing around. You need either a rental car or a taxi to get around.

imverge likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stimpy
I usually stay at the Hilton or CP which are cheaper, but for some reason they were sold out so I tried this Marriott. It's pretty much well described and depicted by aks120 above, except as Platinum perhaps, in my room was a split of cava and a plat of ham and bread to go with the free mini-bar. This place is indeed massive. No suite upgrade, as expected, but I got an exec room close to one of the EL's. Yes, each block has its own EL.
I have never seen a free minibar or cava for Platinums. It also sounds like the happy hour times may have changed. Is there free beer and drinks all day? Is wine now out on the buffet, what are the new hours of the evening happy hour?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I have never seen a free minibar or cava for Platinums. It also sounds like the happy hour times may have changed. Is there free beer and drinks all day? Is wine now out on the buffet, what are the new hours of the evening happy hour?
They still have a free mini bar, there last week over a few days but it's two tins of beer, 2 soft drinks plus 4 bottles of water. Never seen cava either. I got a set of 4 small samples of olive oil and a note saying thank you for being a return guest. Am Plat elite. Exec lounge still closes at 22.00hrs.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Had a quick overnight in Madrid for some meetings and didn't feel like staying in Madrid proper -- so just stayed here instead. Upgraded to Suite as a Titanium. Executive lounge was a bit of a joke (drink-wise it was fine but the food was pretty poor) -- the doors were also wide open and they weren't checking any names so I think really anyone could have entered (and it did appear that the food and drink was out for most of the day). It also helped that there wasn't any major convention going on so (as I expected) it was not an issue to get into my room at 930am after my flight from the US landed early.

Still a free mini bar (at least in the Suite) -- it had 2 beers (1 Kronenburg, 1 San Miguel), 4 waters, and a couple of soft drinks. Was easy to get the airport shuttle (runs on a loop so no need to call anyone upon landing) and easy to just snag a MyTaxi to get to my meetings in the morning.

Overall would stay again -- it fit my specific desires in this case (a brand standard Marriott with a comfortable bed, easy access to airport and downtown, a solid gym for an afternoon run, and no fuss).

Room pictures:

Old May 19, 2019, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Hi,
regarding Executive Lounge, how would you rate the offerings in the morning and in the evening? Is it worth to stay here instead of city center just for lounge service?
thanks a lot!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Hi
We're staying here in about a week for one night, the night before our flight out of Spain.
Couple of questions-
- We'll be arriving at the Madrid Atocha train station from Seville about 5:30 pm. I was figuring the easiest way to get to the hotel would be to take a taxi from outside the train station.
Has anyone done this? Any idea what this should cost and how long it would take? Other ways to get to the hotel?
- Has the Lounge food at night changed any since the older comments made in this thread? Sounds like its the same food offering they put out at breakfast. Just trying to figure if we can eat in the lounge or have to visit one of their restaurants
Old Oct 11, 2019, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Hi
We're staying here in about a week for one night, the night before our flight out of Spain.
Couple of questions-
- We'll be arriving at the Madrid Atocha train station from Seville about 5:30 pm. I was figuring the easiest way to get to the hotel would be to take a taxi from outside the train station.
Has anyone done this? Any idea what this should cost and how long it would take? Other ways to get to the hotel?
- Has the Lounge food at night changed any since the older comments made in this thread? Sounds like its the same food offering they put out at breakfast. Just trying to figure if we can eat in the lounge or have to visit one of their restaurants
If you can get to the Green Line on the Metro, the Canillejas stop has a bus that stops (among other places) right at the hotel. It's closer to the airport, so, I would guess (but I don't know), that taxis would be likely to venture out that way.

As for the lounge, we never ate there in the evening since we were always in Madrid proper at that time. Not sure when it closes. Breakfast was fantastic.

All in all, though, it was a very nice hotel and they treated us very well. Upgraded us to an Executive Suite without me even asking, etc.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Hi

A taxi shouldn't cost much more than 20 euros.

Atocha is rather poorly connected to the Metro system and the train line from Atocha to the airport (from where you could take the hotel shuttle) is closed for tunnel work. You'd be looking at 2-3 metro line transfers and the bus on public transport.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by craigthemif
A taxi shouldn't cost much more than 20 euros.

Atocha is rather poorly connected to the Metro system and the train line from Atocha to the airport (from where you could take the hotel shuttle) is closed for tunnel work. You'd be looking at 2-3 metro line transfers and the bus on public transport.
Thanks. That's what I was thinking, get to the airport then call for the shuttle. Doesn't seem worth it now.
Taxi it is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.