Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Minsk Marriott Belarus [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minsk Marriott Belarus [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
What a nice Marriott. Hopefully, they've maintained it well since it opened.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
[QUOTE=SkyTeam777;29273384]Does anyone know if the Renaissance has a better city-center location? I would like to be within walking distance of most of the sites. Also planning on using Uber in Belarus...any past experiences?[/QUOT

Being from Minsk/having grown up there, I can confirm that the Marriott doesn't have a great location from center-city and the sights - in fact, it's quite far. The Renaissance is marginally better (it looks like it's "behind" the train station) but also not ideal. The best-located hotels in Minsk tend to be the non-points ones - I'd honestly recommend getting a cash rate at one of them, as they're pretty cheap and you'll be in a fantastic location. I don't know about Uber, but Minsk is a really walkable city. It's also got two subway lines, and most of the major sights (architecture, art museum, national library, old city, opera house) are on one of them.

p.s. always happy to give Minsk sightseeing tips, if needed.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know if the Renaissance has a better city-center location? I would like to be within walking distance of most of the sites. Also planning on using Uber in Belarus...any past experiences?
DoubleTree has pretty good location (you could call it right in the city centre) if you're willing to consider non-Marriot brand. I've stayed there two weeks ago and the hotel is excellent.
I've also used Uber for my trip to the airport, no issues. It's just like Uber anywhere else. Uber Select is also available, if you want to be sure to get a better car (but my UberX was fine as well).
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know if the Renaissance has a better city-center location? I would like to be within walking distance of most of the sites. Also planning on using Uber in Belarus...any past experiences?
Renaissance is closer to the Nezavismosti street. We walked from the hotel to the square in 20 minutes and from there continued until the DoubleTree hotel and back,so it is walkable. But that was in the summer. We had a car for use,so did not used taxi or public transport. From Marriott to city center is approx.3 km,maybe 4-5 bus stops do not no exactly.
I personally and my friends would choose Marriott over Renaissance for the following reasons: We always had a suite upgrade as Platinum,executive lounge is bigger and food selection is wider,breakfast selection in the restaurant and seating space is wider. But the absolutely best benefit was a gift voucher to use Falcon gym(could join training class,we did TRX) and SPA. But Renaissance is a solid hotel and I would definately stay there again,no doubts. Of course now is new year and there might be some changes to gift voucher benefit.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:34 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
To add to the others. Uber is a great option in this city. It is cheap and makes it easier if you cannot speak Belarusian or Russian with the cab/uber drivers. Unfortunately they seem to have recently dropped the "Premium" version of the service.

Otherwise I can recommend both hotels, although neither are walking distance to the city centre, unless you are truly an ambitious walker.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
The review from cbellero holds up well over a year later, I had a very similar experience and was upgraded to a Hospitality Suite. There are some changes to the lounge policies though, it is now open from 0600 – 0000 (midnight); breakfast is from 0630 to 1100 and cocktails are served from 1730 to 1930, I was also invited to have breakfast in the regular restaurant which I did and was happy with the quality and array of dishes. The lounge invitation letter I received indicates one guest allowed and additional guests are charged at $30.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:57 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Finally staying at this hotel if I have a friend visiting me then they don't need to register at the hotel right?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:23 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Is the lounge open on the weekends here?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Finally staying at this hotel if I have a friend visiting me then they don't need to register at the hotel right?
No you don't need to, unless you would like to have a breakfast with him/her and you booked two guests.
Book with points if staying 5 nights there, 40k points. A good redemption vs the cash rate.

Last edited by Jaenks; Apr 29, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Is the lounge open on the weekends here?
Yes, daily. The location is not in North America. From early morning till late evening, as I remember until 23:00.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by the810
DoubleTree has pretty good location (you could call it right in the city centre) if you're willing to consider non-Marriot brand. I've stayed there two weeks ago and the hotel is excellent.
I've also used Uber for my trip to the airport, no issues. It's just like Uber anywhere else. Uber Select is also available, if you want to be sure to get a better car (but my UberX was fine as well).
Minsk Marriott is a nice property but location is so-so, Food and beverage is from poor to disgusting and suite are quite cheap looking (bathrooms are small as four point ones).
Best option in town for F&B, location, nightlife, shopping, rooms, bathrooms, diamond recognition and atmosphere is the double tree. It's a stunning hotel (better than most of the hilton and it's a no brainer vs marriott or the depressing renaissance when in minsk).
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by cbellero
To add to the others. Uber is a great option in this city. It is cheap and makes it easier if you cannot speak Belarusian or Russian with the cab/uber drivers. Unfortunately they seem to have recently dropped the "Premium" version of the service.

Otherwise I can recommend both hotels, although neither are walking distance to the city centre, unless you are truly an ambitious walker.
Uber is average in minsk, the best option in the city is Bavaria Taxi : only Brand new BMW 5, bottle of water, black tie drivers and great support. Uber is cheap but cars are not that nice and drivers not the most serious around since they merged with yandex taxi.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jaenks
No you don't need to, unless you would like to have a breakfast with him/her and you booked two guests.
Book with points if staying 5 nights there, 40k points. A good redemption vs the cash rate.
Agree, points are the only option there. they charge around 160USD those days per night vs 10K points, it's a no brainer. If one got some points to burn it's a sweet spot but I would never pay cash for such property as I have diamond with hilton and double tree is MUCH better imho.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:54 pm

I've stayed in both the Marriott and the Renaissance hotels in Minsk over 5 times each in the last 16 months. I'm a Marriott Platinum member. In my experience the Renaissance is consistently more generous with room upgrades than the Marriott. I also find the evening food selection in the lounge at the Renaissance more interesting. However the Marriott always has food out all night until the lounge closes, the Renaissance only for 2 hours.

Both hotels are very good value for points!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by mr_moon
However the Marriott always has food out all night until the lounge closes, the Renaissance only for 2 hours.
Leaving food out all night isn't necessarily a good thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.