Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by AIKI
Are you a Starwood gold or higher?
You can check his profile on the left under his persona.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
Re: questions from AIKI

Hi AIKI -

1. I did not try the breakfast on the club floor. I didn't see a reason to do that when a full breakfast was available in the main restaurant.

2. I'm SPG plat 100. The room was on the club floor, but to me it looked like a standard room (but very nice!), certainly not a suite. No mention of platinum room upgrade at checkin. Perhaps it was an ugprade from something like "deluxe" to "premium" or something that is often in name only.

I wasn't in the mood to press the issue at checkin.

3. They did not pick me up from the airport as I didn't know this possibility existed. I flew into Haneda which is not that far, but does still require I think 3 train transfers. But I will for sure take their shuttle to the airport on Tuesday when I check out again.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
Hi Huayuanstar....
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I am looking forward to my November visit. Hopefully at the 'kink' are ironed out by then.

Enjoy your time there and safe travels ahead!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hi Huayuanstar,

Can you clarify if you get the full breakfast due to your SPG Plat status? I just want to make sure this is the case because I am also planning a trip to Tokyo in Nov and if the SPG Plat gets me regular full breakfast (not the continental breakfast from the lounge), then I won't be using the AMEX FHR to book (that is ~JPY8,000 higher than booking non-refundable on SPG). I would just book the non-refundable room on SPG website.

Thanks so much

Stanley
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
I just returned from a three night stay. it seems SPG platinums get club lounge access which is substantial. Full cooked breakfast and some buffet items. Snacks and sweets all day and then an evening canapes which features many japanese selections, including octopus carpaccio and many other delicacies. Roederer champagne, vodka, gin, beer, and all sorts of drinks also available to self pour as you desire. Pretty good deal. Rooms were excellent, service was... in the making, just a little stiff...
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
I just returned from a three night stay. it seems SPG platinums get club lounge access which is substantial. Full cooked breakfast and some buffet items. Snacks and sweets all day and then an evening canapes which features many japanese selections, including octopus carpaccio and many other delicacies. Roederer champagne, vodka, gin, beer, and all sorts of drinks also available to self pour as you desire. Pretty good deal. Rooms were excellent, service was... in the making, just a little stiff...
Was there Bailey's available during the evening?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks godsavethepoints! That's really useful info.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:08 am
kkl

Any feedback on SPG golds getting club access?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by kkl
Any feedback on SPG golds getting club access?
If you get upgraded to a room that confers Club access, then yeah.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA: EXP, Marriot: Platinum, SPG: 50 Night Platinum, Hilton: Gold, UA: Silver
LONG time lurker here, but felt compelled to post for the hotel. Just finished up a 5 night award stay and have mostly praise for the hotel. Am a Plat and my SNA was not confirmed but was upgraded to the "Club Deluxe" which had striking views. As a nerd, I was really happy with all the automation that has been reported previously. I was asked to choose between points and breakfast and chose the breakfast which was really high quality but since they didnt change any items, started to get boring around day 4. We werent offered a japanese menu any of the days but saw others having Japanese breakfast on day 5, so you may need to ask for it. The club lounge breakfast had a much smaller selection. Room was very large, especially in Tokyo terms, my apartment in NYC was smaller than the bathroom. However, I sometimes found the service to be sub-par. We had to ask multiple times for things at breakfast and front desk. Lounge was great but also did not change items any day we were there. Drinks were complementary from 5-10 and they often kept food out till 9pm (though it was supposed to be 5-7:30). Staff at lounge were very friendly and helpful. It was very centrally located to 3 subway lines. Without having stayed at the other SPG properties, based on reviews, I would definitely pick the Prince again. The people on TA are crazy, 5 star all the way.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:57 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat; SQ PPS; AA Platinum
Great stay

Recently finished my award stay here and can echo all the feedback so far. Although my experience with other SPG hotels in Tokyo is limited, this overall experience was definitely in the top 25% of all stays at a SPG hotel.

1) Breakfast in the lounge is more than adequate, although very few "Japanese" choices and very limited fruit selection (fruit is quite expensive in Japan). The "Chef's Egg" dish was terrific with plenty of truffle mixed into scrambled eggs plus some more shaved over top a poached egg. Snacks and evening canapé's were ok, but I usually saved room for all of the terrific food Tokyo had to offer.

2) Room was upgraded to a club level deluxe, with great views of the tower and city. A decent sized room, fairly standard elsewhere but large for Japan. The coolest thing in the room were the electrostatic shower privacy walls, which instantly go from clear to opaque rather than using a curtain for privacy. The room was not well set up for work however, as I could not find an outlet along the desk and ended up working on the glass side table, which was near an outlet.

3) Location is convenient with easy access to 3 subway lines plus one stop away from the JR; all can be accessed via underground walkways. There is an upscale Family Mart, Dean & Deluca other restaurants and a pharmacy in the same complex so you aren't limited to the hotel if you need to pop out for a quick snack or sundries. Taxis are plentiful if you don't feel like walking to the subway.

4) Staff was overly polite, always ready with a bow and to enquire if I needed any assistance. The concierge was exceptionally helpful and booked all of my more upscale meals including Jiro in Roppongi (his son's location) and other restaurants that are less foreigner friendly. I found the lounge staff to be accommodating but they need to work on keeping the front desk manned. Most times I would walk in and they would all be in the back room. Overall I found the staff to be incredibly polite and helpful.

5) They do have a limo bus service from the hotel to NRT that you can book with the bell desk. Its 3,100 yen for adults with 2 pieces of luggage and 1,500 for a child. If you have more than 2 pieces of luggage, you can buy an adult and child's ticket, netting you 4 luggage spots.

I would not concern myself with the negative reviews on TA. This was a very good hotel in a decent (albeit quiet) part of the city.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Thanks for all reviews posted here guys.

I am surprised at all those postive reports with two thumbs up given its high rate.

I have BRGed the rate at 33000yen plus tax so which is roughly similar to 21000pts.

Not sure if I should remain satiafied or need to keep searching for the better rate.

Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Wow am I impressed with this hotel. I think it is as good as the Park Hyatt. The suites here are amazing. I was first in the Kioi Suite, and then moved to the Designers Suite. See pictures here http://www.princehotels.com/en/kioicho/guestroom/

Everything about this place is stunningly good. Except perhaps the huge earthquake just before 6am this morning. That had the hotel rocking back and forth. But a few minutes later it was over and at 7am the club opened up and served a very nice breakfast.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:23 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I'm staying here right now. Originally was given the room I booked (Deluxe King) but was moved to a Grand Deluxe Premier (highest non-suite room category) on night 2. Absolutely fantastic property. It's better than the Park Hyatt and Conrad and about on par with the Andaz in my opinion. The Andaz was previously my favorite hotel; but given my SPG loyalty this will be my new default in Tokyo.

Will post a more full review later, with pictures.

stimpy, how did you get the suites? SNA? Do you have Plat100?

The 7.4 magnitude earthquake this morning was… freaky. Annoyingly, the elevators were out of commission for several hours after and the only way to get down was the emergency exit stairs for 36 floors.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by helvetic
stimpy, how did you get the suites? SNA? Do you have Plat100?
Nothing special except I flashed my heavy metal LTP card. Some people here laugh at me for carrying that around, but I know at certain high end SPG hotels it gets extra attention at the front desk. That and a very polite and non-demanding negotiation.

The 7.4 magnitude earthquake this morning was… freaky. Annoyingly, the elevators were out of commission for several hours after and the only way to get down was the emergency exit stairs for 36 floors.
They should have guided you down the freight elevator. They were doing that for everyone, and in the club they told us about this during breakfast. I went down to collect someone and came back up in the same elevator. And the normal elevators were back up and running before 9am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.