Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by milehighflyer88
Ok this is news to me then. I was hoping to get an upgrade if there are SOWV available. I have the choice of paying an additional $600 total for the upgrade from OWV to SOWV. Anyone who knows this property, is is worth $600????
$600 total for entire stay? I would do it. In addition to sunset, more privacy as well. And it places you one more notch up the upgrade chain in case they do need to upgrade anyone to the overwater suites.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:05 pm

If I upgrade to owv now. Would I have option to pay the difference quoted now for the sowv when i check in? It's like only $110/night.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by milehighflyer88
I was very lucky to grab a garden villa at 240K points over thanksgiving and right before peak season in December. I hope Marriott investigates these games of using breakfast to remove standard award inventory. They came down pretty hard on the Al Maha for charging outrageous food rates for guests who were booking award reservations. Using breakfast shouldn't be a disqualifier to book a standard room with points. Certainly most platinums like myself would be furious since we should get free breakfast anyways.

Just one question, are you allowed to book the Garden Villa as a cash booking and then switch it to points? I read that this was possible but did not experiment with it.
Got a reservation for that week as well. How much did you get quoted for the GV -> OWV over Thanksgiving?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
On the whole breakfast on the rates for GV, a thought occurred to me.

They have four GV, and it seems most redeemers pay to upgrade to a better category. Upgrading leaves the GV open to again in order to not make a cycle of booking the same four rooms multiple times for points, they need to manage inventory somehow. One way could be be to say, once there are 4 redemptions for a given day, any open GV only comes with breakfast.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by outlawashere
hmm I requested a north facing villa thinking that it will be more private and the hammock area will still have tons of sun?

what don't you like about it?
The north facing OWVs do have near absolute privacy (residents on the upper floors of the Astor Villa can probably see you however), but half the deck is in the shade throughout the day. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it. The north facing villas are also a little further away from Alba.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Well my points required is back to 740k. Cancellation still shows January 13. Property says they will honor August 2. It’s in the notes and I have names of people I spoke with.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Well my points required is back to 740k. Cancellation still shows January 13. Property says they will honor August 2. It’s in the notes and I have names of people I spoke with.
Mind sharing who you spoke with/how it was fixed? Mine is still showing at 357k/nt and I haven't heard back from the property.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Mind sharing who you spoke with/how it was fixed? Mine is still showing at 357k/nt and I haven't heard back from the property.

I spoke with Marriott Customer Care. They called the property-IF you work with them, make sure they preserve your cancelation parameters too.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:51 pm

I spoke with Marriott Customer Care. They called the property-IF you work with them, make sure they preserve your cancelation parameters too.
Thank you. I just spoke with them again and they still don't seem to be able to change it to the 100k rate. For some reason they have only been able to change it to the 120k rate but they've also put 20k points into my account so I guess I'll take it.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Finally got around to calling them tonight. They were immediately able to update amount back to 440k for 5 nights but cancellation policy also changed to 1/13/2019. They said they emailed the hotel to have them honor and to call back in 3 days if I don’t hear back from them or the hotel. In the meantime, I had them cancel the reservation altogether since I didn’t want to get stuck with something I can’t cancel. Fingers crossed it works out. (This was a points advance so I didn’t have any points missing because of this luckily)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by sweet-kom
Got a reservation for that week as well. How much did you get quoted for the GV -> OWV over Thanksgiving?
Nice! Awesome rate for this property. Im hoping they have some Turkey for us that week.

I was quoted
$369.60 for OVW
$492.80 for SOWV
$739.20 for St Regis Suite

Also prior to me upgrading they mentioned

"As you are an esteemed Platinum Premier Elite member, you will receive the following benefits at our resort:
[Insert standard benefits here, free breakfast, etc]
then.....

"As our property is a Villas and Suites only property, guaranteed complimentary upgrades and Suite Night Awards (SNAs) are not applicable as our resort."

So it seems they will not upgrade most platinums from GV to OVW. Or at least they claim they won't.
sweet-kom likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Silly question... how does this property compare against PH Maldives? Just wondering if StR OWV is worth burning half mil points.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:05 pm

Will a flight leaving MLE at 12:50pm be too early?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Will a flight leaving MLE at 12:50pm be too early?
We originally had a 10:15am flight, and were told that it would be no problem getting a seaplane the same day. Changed it to 8:20pm to get more time on the island though

So no problem at all.
sydneyflyer12 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
We originally had a 10:15am flight, and were told that it would be no problem getting a seaplane the same day. Changed it to 8:20pm to get more time on the island though

So no problem at all.
Perfect, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.