Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:13 am

difference maker could be. If I book OWV with points, there might be a better chance I get upgraded to SOWV ?
Where as I have no chance of getting upgrade if I pay for upgrade to OWV.

I just reached LPPE
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by larciel
difference maker could be. If I book OWV with points, there might be a better chance I get upgraded to SOWV ?
Where as I have no chance of getting upgrade if I pay for upgrade to OWV.

I just reached LPPE
I would assume you could still get the upgrade to SOWV but yes, it is less likely. I would also say that given all of the discussion on this thread regarding the rough waters and colder pool of SOWV, I actually requested not to be upgraded to one. Instead, I asked for a very specific OWV (which they cant guarantee but worth a shot).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:38 am

I assume there have been zero reports of people being able to change dates on an 85k OWV award without a reprice, correct?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by SantiC
I would assume you could still get the upgrade to SOWV but yes, it is less likely. I would also say that given all of the discussion on this thread regarding the rough waters and colder pool of SOWV, I actually requested not to be upgraded to one. Instead, I asked for a very specific OWV (which they cant guarantee but worth a shot).
Just curious, do you mind sharing which room you requested?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:17 pm

Sorry if this has been posted, but not seeing any base redemption rates available in Oct/Nov, only ability to upgrade. Seeing for 5 nights, 60k/night (5th free) with mandatory 300k to upgrade to OWV; 540k in total for 5 nights. Any experience in getting around this? Either booking the base rate through calling or booking the upgrade and asking for a refund on pts? From reading parts of this thread seems LTP have a good shot at getting upgraded to OWV. Would love to save the ~300k pts.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by keggers1
Just curious, do you mind sharing which room you requested?
509 or 510. Both appear to offer the most privacy of any OWV inside the 'bay', you are in the middle so you theoretically get calmer waters, and plenty of sun. I also looked for pictures on reviews online and they both offer an almost unobstructed view of the ocean (with a side view of the beach which I think is nice).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:07 pm

I'd love to know the room # too.

Reason I went to SOWV was that many in the thread said it was well worth the $ because you actually get more sunlight, thus it's warmer. Very different than what you are suggesting.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:11 pm

I'd love to know the room # too.

Reason I went to SOWV was that many in the thread said it was well worth the $ because you actually get more sunlight, thus it's warmer. Very different than what you are suggesting.
Posted it above, 509 and 510. From reading this thread, what I have seen is that people have mentioned they get plenty of sun in SOWV, unlike some believed. Im not sure anyone has said you get MORE sun a SOWV versus an OWV. If you look at Google Maps, you see that the inner 'bay' OWV are pointing directly east.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Sorry if this has been posted, but not seeing any base redemption rates available in Oct/Nov, only ability to upgrade. Seeing for 5 nights, 60k/night (5th free) with mandatory 300k to upgrade to OWV; 540k in total for 5 nights. Any experience in getting around this? Either booking the base rate through calling or booking the upgrade and asking for a refund on pts? From reading parts of this thread seems LTP have a good shot at getting upgraded to OWV. Would love to save the ~300k pts.
I am the same boat and if you do a little bit of reading it will become clearer.
StR is mostly OVW villas and basic (landside) rooms are fewer which in most likelyhood have already been taken up. Also, Dec is the peak period for the property. That's just my quick 2 bits.

I would love to be proven wrong and save 300K points as well. Can someone else opine as well?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:00 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I would also say that given all of the discussion on this thread regarding the rough waters and colder pool of SOWV
Sorry but this is bad info and bad advice. SOWV #536 is about in the middle of all SOWVs and the pool was exposed to sun all afternoon in October. So other SOWVs would have a similar situation although to a slightly different degree; they all face more or less in the same direction, plus or minus a few degrees.
milehighflyer88 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:42 am

I'm getting ready to book flights.

Seaplane schedule is usually morning and afternoon? 3-5pm? Is there early check-in available?

Thinking about arriving at MLE around noon on the check-in date, and leaving MLE at Midnight on the check-out date. Or should I stay one day in MLE and leave at 6am following morning?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Seaplanes fly in daylight as needed with schedule determined day before. Arriving in MLE noon and departing midnight should be perfectly fine. You'll leave the resort end of the afternoon before sunset.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:56 pm

Indeed. Everything I have read points to the SOWV as having a warmer plunge pool than the standard villas. With the standard Villa the sun will set over your villa after noon. So unless you are waking up at 7AM to enjoy the plunge pool, it won't be as warm.

Im hoping I get upgraded to SOWV from the OWV based on my Platinum status.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:59 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
point difference is 200k points vs $1232 for total upgrade. I guess it's about even. ?
Not in my opinion. I would rather pay $1232 than 200k points.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:00 pm

Does anyone know the earliest and latest times I can take a Seaplane to the hotel from MLE?
My flight EY 260 lands at 7:20 AM. There was a later flight that got in at approximately 2PM but I was worried any small delay would derail my trip so Im taking the earliest flight possible out AUH. At these prices, no way I want to miss one night at this hotel. Although I would prefer not having to fly out that early.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.