Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Sorry in advance to cross-post - but wondering what's the latest with Zika in the Maldives. I see there are still some amazing redemptions available for the next few months and may want to take advantage if possible. But not sure if it's worth the risk. I've found conflicting info online so I'm wondering what the latest scoop is. Thanks all. Also posted this question in the W master thread but this StR thread is much more active it seems!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:58 pm

Looking to either stay at the St. Regis or W next year. Price wise does anyone know what the rates look like overall for F&B/excursion costs? Is the STR significantly more expensive in that aspect vs W? I will lose my Platinum status this year but I can book both the W/STR on points.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Sorry in advance to cross-post - but wondering what's the latest with Zika in the Maldives. I see there are still some amazing redemptions available for the next few months and may want to take advantage if possible. But not sure if it's worth the risk. I've found conflicting info online so I'm wondering what the latest scoop is. Thanks all. Also posted this question in the W master thread but this StR thread is much more active it seems!
There is a risk of Zika virus in the Maldives, as there would also be in Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam and a number of other countries in the region. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant soon I would consult a doctor. Otherwise I would just travel and try to prevent mosquito bites to the usual extend.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Woodsmit
  1. Our flight into Singapore lands at 6:50 AM and then we are going to take the Silkair flight to MLE (10:05 - 11:55). How is the seaplane flight timing likely to work with that? Do they just try to match the time of landing and transport you over to the terminal to immediately catch the flight or will there likely be some sort of delay?
Originally Posted by rp88
They have seaplanes leaving every few hours (I believe every 2 hours or so). You'll be on the next one after you land..
No. This is how it works: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29941485-post3060.html (just replace the words Conrad and Rangali with St. Regis and you're good to go)

Originally Posted by Woodsmit
  1. On the return, we are currently on the 12:50 silkair back to SIN. How early do you think they will have us leave the resort? Toyed with the late night (think it was an overnight flight to SIN at 11:50 PM) flight but couldn’t bring myself to do the pink eye flight....
You should do the late flight out. You'll regret taking the 12:50 (unless you've been to the Maldives before and are comfortable leaving paradise half a day early).
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by mjrobson
What days are you there? I'm booked apr 24 - may 2.
10th to 21st...

What did they quote u for upgradE?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
We are on the last night of a 6night/7day stay, and it has been well worth all the frustration of trying to get this booked during this small window of (relative) affordability.

As platinum, we got our GV upgraded to a beach villa (306), plunge pool was always warm enough, and the foliage gave us great privacy from the beach and decent privacy to the Caroline Astor villa next door and the other beach villa. Nobody has been in the Astor villa during our stay.

I am glad I didn't push for the OV upgrade or have to pay for it, the beach villa was perfect, we had our own space and honestly forgot we were on an island with many other people. We had our little private retreat on the beach, the sand was perfect and the swimming very good. The snorkeling was also quite good, enough fish to enjoy, but not an aquarium.

Will post more thoughts later.

Definitely not a budget holiday, but good value on the points redemption.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TopGunner
We are on the last night of a 6night/7day stay, and it has been well worth all the frustration of trying to get this booked during this small window of (relative) affordability.

As platinum, we got our GV upgraded to a beach villa (306), plunge pool was always warm enough, and the foliage gave us great privacy from the beach and decent privacy to the Caroline Astor villa next door and the other beach villa. Nobody has been in the Astor villa during our stay.

I am glad I didn't push for the OV upgrade or have to pay for it, the beach villa was perfect, we had our own space and honestly forgot we were on an island with many other people. We had our little private retreat on the beach, the sand was perfect and the swimming very good. The snorkeling was also quite good, enough fish to enjoy, but not an aquarium.

Will post more thoughts later.

Definitely not a budget holiday, but good value on the points redemption.
IIRC, the beach villa is higher in category than OWV. it usually costs more to stay in one of them.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Does anyone know at what time rooms are added to the inventory and become bookable for the night in 350 days from now? The night from 13th to 14th November 2019 is fully booked for garden villa already and 14th/15th not yet bookable.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Originally Posted by porkie
Does anyone know at what time rooms are added to the inventory and become bookable for the night in 350 days from now? The night from 13th to 14th November 2019 is fully booked for garden villa already and 14th/15th not yet bookable.
My suggestion is to keep checking (both on the app and the website), try calling and be diligent. The system is still not stable. I just booked for 5-10 November after about 2 hours online and on the phone with 3 different agents. I have been checking regularly for any 5 consecutive nights during this week for the past three days. Various permutations showed up, but I struggled to ever find 5 days in a row available. Tonight finally was able to find 5 consecutive days - first online only by searching for one day at a time (despite all individual nights showing points availability, the system would not show the full 5 nights in a single search). However, the web based system would not let me actually book anything (plan was to book 5 individual nights and then call to have them convert). I then turned to the app, but it would not show one of the 5 nights available. Went back to the web and it started showing the full 5 nights available with the 5th night free discount, but still would not let me book. Finally called in. First agent said they can't do bookings more than 340 days out. I tried to dispute but gave up, hung up and called again. Second agent just said no availability. Walked him through searching day by day one at a time and he saw availability...then started in on "system issues" due to the merger and inability to book. Asked politely for a supervisor who was finally able to "override" the system error and booked the 5 nights.

Exhausting, but glad I was eventually successful. Hoping I can add one more night on the front end eventually (I find it somewhat strange a single Monday night is not available when the Sunday and Tuesday on either side both are). I know this is shoulder season, but going to spend 5 nights somewhere else in the Maldives and just keep fingers crossed over a total of 10 days we get our fair share of good weather. Europe based so it's a bit less of a commitment than those coming from the US (and to be honest, outside the Middle East, there's nowhere much closer with reliably good weather this time of year anyhow).

Last edited by ocdb8r; Dec 2, 2018 at 7:26 am
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cabbit
10th to 21st...

What did they quote u for upgradE?
Ahh too bad. I haven't asked about room upgrade costs.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by porkie
It is only November which is hard to book. There is reasonably good availability if you check October, September or pretty much any other months. Perhaps more rooms will be released for booking later?

BTW, W Maldives is pretty wide open for point bookings.

Last edited by TerryK; Nov 27, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:55 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a BV looks like a GV but with direct beach access? Are the BVs less warm since they're north facing, rather than south-facing like the GVs?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
306 BV Pictures

View from the ocean, Caroline Astor Villa to the left

Another view from the ocean

Our lounges on the semi-private beach looking at OVW

From inside the BV
3rdworldresident likes this.

Last edited by TopGunner; Nov 29, 2018 at 8:10 am
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:36 am

Thank YOU TopGunner! I'd like to clarify that they are all BV photos? The top caption said "306 GV".
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by ocdb8r
The system is still not stable.....I just booked for 5-10 November after about 2 hours online and on the phone with 3 different agents. I have been checking regularly for any 5 consecutive nights during this week for the past three days. Various permutations showed up, but I struggled to ever find 5 days in a row available. Tonight finally was able to find 5 consecutive days - first online only by searching for one day at a time (despite all individual nights showing points availability, the system would not show the full 5 nights in a single search). However, the web based system would not let me actually book anything (plan was to book 5 individual nights and then call to have them convert). I then turned to the app, but it would not show one of the 5 nights available. Went back to the web and it started showing the full 5 nights available with the 5th night free discount, but still would not let me book. Finally called in. First agent said they can't do bookings more than 340 days out. I tried to dispute but gave up, hung up and called again. Second agent just said no availability. Walked him through searching day by day one at a time and he say availability...then started in on "system issues" due to the merger and inability to book. Asked politely for a supervisor who was finally able to "override" the system error and booked the 5 nights.
And I thought Hilton IT took the cake for worst of the worst. I stand corrected.
Congrats on your perseverence! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.