Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by beastieb
I was having the same debate and that's ultimately why I am keeping my 85k/night STR OWV reservation. If I go back ill go back to Maldives I can do a Hilton Property or the W or potentially one of the other new Marriott properties.
W looks fun, but for the same points as STR I can't bring myself to do it given the $ difference. Now, the JW, I definitely want to check that out for 60k/night! It looks like an amazing property.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:06 pm

So is it best to book 60k room and see if they have upgrade for $200+ ? Now its 170k per night for owv : (
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Have a stay in 3 weeks on points (booked at 85k/night), I see that I'm already pre upgraded in the app to Sunset Overwater Villa - thanks to my ambassador.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by porkie
Have a stay in 3 weeks on points (booked at 85k/night), I see that I'm already pre upgraded in the app to Sunset Overwater Villa - thanks to my ambassador.
Curious, are you staying 5 days or 10? Did you ask for the u/g?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:29 am

For anyone that visited recently, did you have the Bentley airport transfer? If not, was it offered for a surcharge?

Has anyone stayed in a sea facing OVW (the ones facing outward at the end of the pontoon) that had a decently warm pool? I suspect they're all the same...I would prefer to be in one of those again for the view and privacy, but the pool was so cold!

Last edited by tylerc; Oct 17, 2018 at 5:46 am
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by tylerc
Curious, are you staying 5 days or 10? Did you ask for the u/g?
5 days, didn’t specifically asked for upgrade but asked the ambassador to make sure that hotel takes good care of us.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by porkie

5 days, didn’t specifically asked for upgrade but asked the ambassador to make sure that hotel takes good care of us.
And did you initially book OWV @ 85K points, or some other room

(I have 5 day @60K in GV in early December and have a similar request to my ambassador, so curious how you initially booked vs your current UG)
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
For anyone that visited recently, did you have the Bentley airport transfer? If not, was it offered for a surcharge?

Has anyone stayed in a sea facing OVW (the ones facing outward at the end of the pontoon) that had a decently warm pool? I suspect they're all the same...I would prefer to be in one of those again for the view and privacy, but the pool was so cold!

Stayed last year, I emailed the resort asking for the Bentley transfer. Told me they'll try their best but no guarantees. I came into MLE the night before and stayed near the airport. In the morning, I was driven back to the airport and the bentley was waiting for me there.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
I'm debating between both too. Reviews for the W seem to indicate the reef is better and the rooms are more "authentic" - plus they waive the rollaway fee for the first child under 12 while StR charges $100/night. Also it doesn't seem StR will allow children in OWBs - and their 60k room is a garden villa, whereas the W room is on the beach.

I think we will end up sticking with a Beach Villa at the W. I had a 5 night cash booking for the Garden Villa at StR I cancelled and the availability did come back right away to be booked on points... it's gone now but keep an eye on dates

we travelling with 2 kids under 12... the is what W says

Dear Mr. Tseng,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that Spectacular Lagoon Oasis can accommodate maximum by 03 persons, Hence we can not accommodate 04 persons in the same room.

However, we are pleased to offer our Wonderful Beach Oasis which can accommodate maximum 02 adults and 02 children below 11.99 years.

Also we are pleased to offer our 02 bedrooms WOW Ocean Escape which can accommodate up to 04 persons.

but STR allows 2 kids to stay in GV and OWV. So I picked STR for 5 days GV plus 5 days OWV in April...

didnt get OWV for 85k points...... it is 179k points per night....
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:35 pm

Just received my Ritz Carlton certificates which seem to now translate to free nights up to 60k at any Marriott/Ritz/SPG property. Any reason I couldn't use those to book a GV here, then upgrade to a OWV with cash? Tried finding availability on the site, and despite showing 60k points on the search screen, when I click through it only shows me cash rates, not even the ability to book with points, much less my certificates. Any idea what's going on, and how to efficiently search for 60k GV availability?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyertalker9
Just received my Ritz Carlton certificates which seem to now translate to free nights up to 60k at any Marriott/Ritz/SPG property. Any reason I couldn't use those to book a GV here, then upgrade to a OWV with cash? Tried finding availability on the site, and despite showing 60k points on the search screen, when I click through it only shows me cash rates, not even the ability to book with points, much less my certificates. Any idea what's going on, and how to efficiently search for 60k GV availability?
You have to call in to book these for now... but if it shows the points rate it is likely available in my experience.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
You have to call in to book these for now... but if it shows the points rate it is likely available in my experience.

ya GV at 60,000 is booked out quite far ahead.... there
is only 4 of those on whole island!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by cabbit

ya GV at 60,000 is booked out quite far ahead.... there
is only 4 of those on whole island!
Thanks. If I want to take this trip in a couple years (future honeymoon), could I book now w/ the certificates at the 60k rate, and call in to change the date a year from now to push it another year out, while not having to pay any additional miles despite the increased award chart, and even though my certificates would've otherwise expired?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:47 pm

Highly unlikely.

60,000 only apply to end of this year, afterward would be around 100,000/70,000 something like that depends on the peak/off season.

Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by cabbit
Highly unlikely.

60,000 only apply to end of this year, afterward would be around 100,000/70,000 something like that depends on the peak/off season.

But the 60k rate is based on the time of booking, not the time of stay, correct? So if I book today for Jan 1, 2019, the cost is still 60k?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.