Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:04 pm

Anyone have any luck finding GV availability during high season (dec-march)?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:25 am
kkl

Originally Posted by tylerc
I was happy to see the mini-bar menu still has Heineken for $11 hahahaha

W has cheaper wine and food + 20% platinum discount.
According to https://marriottmembersdinemore.com/en

STR Maldives comes with 20% off for plats
atlion25 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by kkl
According to https://marriottmembersdinemore.com/en

STR Maldives comes with 20% off for plats
Interesting... They have never quoted this as a benefit in any correspondence I've had with them.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by tylerc
Interesting... They have never quoted this as a benefit in any correspondence I've had with them.
I'll bet you absolutely anything they actually don't know that this is a benefit that they offer.
porkie likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:29 am
kkl

This was only introduced the past week with the merger. Should help keep some costs down
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by kkl
This was only introduced the past week with the merger. Should help keep some costs down
Assuming that it was actually meant to be on the list, I think it's more likely that they've just overlooked it and it will be gone the moment anyone notices it.

Might be worth getting in touch with them, perhaps @CL9 could respond to them with this link and ask?

Also, where do you see the restaurant price list on the hotel website? I looked through it but I can't find anything.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Has anyone been successful in doing a points transfer larger than 100K into anothers account to book an award stay? I see the T&C say this is still possible and have confirmed on marriott Twitter but haven't been able to get an agent to do so yet. They say either the system is down, no longer exists, or no longer is allowed. Would appreciate the guidance
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:34 am
kkl

Originally Posted by porkie
Assuming that it was actually meant to be on the list, I think it's more likely that they've just overlooked it and it will be gone the moment anyone notices it.

Might be worth getting in touch with them, perhaps @CL9 could respond to them with this link and ask?

Also, where do you see the restaurant price list on the hotel website? I looked through it but I can't find anything.
IMO, with them offering the 20% off for plats they are enticing them to spend some money at the property.

Award stay + free breakfast, one can keep costs down with pizzas every night to about 100USD per day.

With 20% off, it encourages me to spend more on food at the property
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:30 am

I reached out a few days ago regarding updated platinum benefits and this was not one of them.

If anyone is looking for current menus, pm me your email address and I can send them. If someone wants to host them to update the wiki, I'll send them along.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:01 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum

The St. Regis had his own website and under the restaurants you had been able to download the menu as a PDF.

www.stregismaldives.com

But it seems, since the merge it has been take off and now the domain is forwarded to Marriott.

And the point with the 20% discount. It seems nobody knows the real new rules right now, even the own employees and hotel manager.
Because I ask for it and they say no, I would not get.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Can anyone comment on how easy/hard it is to go to other hotels in the Maldives? I currently have 3 award nights reserved but of points delays and all this mess, I can't get it to be 5 nights. I'm now thinking to stay at another cheaper hotel on an island using a cash rate for say another 3 nights. I'm assuming I'll have to still pay the boat transfer fee, and head back to MLE..and from there...take another boat or airplane to another island. Anyone else do this? Perhaps they can recommend a really good cheap cash rate hotel.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:35 am

Looking for a list of all expenses over there. Like cost of each activity offered. Cost of spa services. Gears rental. Fishing or snorkel trips. Lunch and dinner me i...etc.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by misenlai
Looking for a list of all expenses over there. Like cost of each activity offered. Cost of spa services. Gears rental. Fishing or snorkel trips. Lunch and dinner me i...etc.
Most of the price lists are in Wiki, @tylerrc has the menus from restaurants that are missing so you can pm him directly.

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Can anyone comment on how easy/hard it is to go to other hotels in the Maldives? I currently have 3 award nights reserved but of points delays and all this mess, I can't get it to be 5 nights. I'm now thinking to stay at another cheaper hotel on an island using a cash rate for say another 3 nights. I'm assuming I'll have to still pay the boat transfer fee, and head back to MLE..and from there...take another boat or airplane to another island. Anyone else do this? Perhaps they can recommend a really good cheap cash rate hotel.
You can not fly between hotels, the seaplanes only go between the resort and MLE so you're looking at return trips to both resorts you plan to visit (eg. MLE-Resort 1 and back, then MLE-Resort 2 and back).

Also StR is too far to reach by boat, so seaplane is your only option at $650 pp.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
I am on the same boat; booked 3 and was hoping to extend to 5 when my points transfer came in.

Am thinking I should contact Marriott to see if I can extend to 5 on the 85k rate; do you think it's too risky?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by misenlai
What kind of taxes/fees do we have to pay on an award reservation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.