Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Can anyone confirm how quickly / slowly points repost after canceling an award stay? Currently have points lined up but they are saying it'll take minimum two days to post back to my account if I transfer
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:11 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Can anyone confirm how quickly / slowly points repost after canceling an award stay? Currently have points lined up but they are saying it'll take minimum two days to post back to my account if I transfer
I can't speak to the StR Vommuli, but my Ambassador canceled a booking for the Phoenician Residences for me earlier today. The points were back in my account within a few minutes.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Canceled 2 award reservations on 8/18...haven't received points back for either.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by husky96821
Canceled 2 award reservations on 8/18...haven't received points back for either.
Lol huge discrepancy from above.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by spgplat21
I'm worried about this too, but with all the other IT screw-ups and the reaffirmation that points bookings will be available I still think they come back.

It's frustrating though because the only reason I couldn't book these the first day they were available was that my points didn't transfer over properly for a couple of days so the agent couldn't see all the points I had to make the booking, even though I had plenty available.
According to View from the Wing, the OWVs will be available at 170,000 per night.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:44 pm

ViewFromtheWing said the OWV now costs 170k? previous 85k was a mistake?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:48 pm

I was quoted 170k by the hotel on Saturday...that's why I thought the 85k folks were trolling. At 85k I would have gone for the OWV, but at 170k I wouldn't bother. I've already been and stayed in the OWV, and I toured the garden villa and it's spectacular too.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:10 pm
Suspended

They'll have cash upgrades to owb
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:24 pm

Oh no... I already got 2 nights at 85k before my accounts merged properly and was hoping to get the whole 5 nights asap...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Congratulations to those who got OWV for 85k / night!
Appears it's 170k because of the delta between Garden and OWV.

Apparently still "cheaper" than previous program... which is true.
Originally Posted by tylerc
I was quoted 170k by the hotel on Saturday...that's why I thought the 85k folks were trolling. At 85k I would have gone for the OWV, but at 170k I wouldn't bother. I've already been and stayed in the OWV, and I toured the garden villa and it's spectacular too.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:47 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by shuuy
Congratulations to those who got OWV for 85k / night!
Appears it's 170k because of the delta between Garden and OWV.

Apparently still "cheaper" than previous program... which is true.
Definitely still cheaper by SPG standards. At all of those all-suite luxury properties, if you could even find a redemption for 60K SPG points (180K Marriott points), you thought yourself crazy lucky. Those redemptions weren't always available in the good 'ole SPG days.

So everyone complaining now are actually looking the gift horse in the mouth. They just don't know it.

That being said, kudos to those who got the 60K and 85K redemptions! Enjoy!
osotoc likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
We have FF tix to Maldives for the Spring-our 25th. Trying to get someplace in the Marriott family on points. Hopefully will be able to when all of this shakes out. So far only the Sheraton is avail. That doesnt seem to have a house reef.
I'd suggest trying for the W Maldives. Many people have reported being able to book an OWV for 85K.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:17 pm

Garden should still be 60k, no??
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: Free agent
I talked to the hotel directly, they said the 85k was a mistake, OWV is indeed 170k PER NIGHT now.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by tylerc
Garden should still be 60k, no??
I think so, but something weird is going on with the Garden Villa availability. As far as I can tell there are only 4 of them, but there are dates in June that will let you book the maximum of 15 Garden Villa rooms. So I have a feeling that almost all of the current availability that's showing is likely phantom availability that will disappear once they fix whatever is broken with the booking system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.