Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by porkie

I’d rather take garden villa at 16k SPG rather than OVW for 58k. Then you can always negotiate a paid upgrade or maybe talk your way into the OVW.
I'm content to try the garden villa. Stayed a few weeks after opening in OWV, and it was nice, but garden villas are really nice as well. I found with OWV I didn't really use the water access, so I'm not too concerned about missing out on that!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:54 am

On dates where garden villas are sold out, award stays show up as sold out as well.
Note that this was working earlier this morning, but now I am no longer able to get it to show that it is unavailable to be booked by points for any date range (including christmas/new years). So I'm not sure what happened here, but maybe their backend systems are not working exactly as planned. Are you still able to see it as unavailable for a specific date range?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by cycyc
Note that this was working earlier this morning, but now I am no longer able to get it to show that it is unavailable to be booked by points for any date range (including christmas/new years). So I'm not sure what happened here, but maybe their backend systems are not working exactly as planned. Are you still able to see it as unavailable for a specific date range?
It seems to be working correctly, there are no garden villas available on 14th February so instead of point price it shows "sold out".
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:00 am

It seems to be working correctly, there are no garden villas available on 14th February so instead of point price it shows "sold out".
That's strange. It shows up as 60000 points/night for me, and when I click through to starwoodhotels.com it shows the Garden Villa as being available. Very odd.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Is there any information that supports our ability to convert a paid booking into a points booking? Pretty sure that this was never supported on SPG.com. Was this historically possible on Marriott.com?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:14 pm

Is anyone seeing any garden villas available at all for awards? I called and they didn't see anything
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum
Originally Posted by rp88
Is anyone seeing any garden villas available at all for awards? I called and they didn't see anything
How are you seeing any award availability right now? I thought all awards were down.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by ATX1989

How are you seeing any award availability right now? I thought all awards were down.
I think the rep I was speaking to was confused. She said she checked the whole year and saw no availability and thought it was all sold out. She probably didn't realize nothing was released yet.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:03 pm

All the reps I talked to are saying to call back tomorrow...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
I saw availability for 60k points a night in June into a Garden Water Suite.

The dates I'm looking for in November have a Garden Water Suite available ... but not points available. Checked on website, called-in, same deal

So seems like it's not based just on room type...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by shuuy

The dates I'm looking for in November have a Garden Water Suite available ... but not points available. Checked on website, called-in, same deal

Right now it’s same issue everywhere, Marriott shows award availability but once you get redirected to SPG to see the actual rate, points are not available to search at all for this property. Time will tell if it’s a bug on Marriotts or SPGs end.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Do you mean that you had a link on the SPG page where you could have actually booked it for 60k pts?

My experience is rather like @porkie. Even though I see on the first page 60k pts per night next to Sheraton and next to St.Regis, once I click on "show rates" next to St.Regis, on the next page (old style SPG) the only options are cash. No points.

I checked a few dates in June, no points.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
Do you mean that you had a link on the SPG page where you could have actually booked it for 60k pts?

My experience is rather like @porkie. Even though I see on the first page 60k pts per night next to Sheraton and next to St.Regis, once I click on "show rates" next to St.Regis, on the next page (old style SPG) the only options are cash. No points.

I checked a few dates in June, no points.
I see exactly as above! Feel as it also mentions it has limited participating the system blocks it and the opening screen simply says yes at its a Cat 7.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:18 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
So seems like the leaked T&C were right and the StR is bookable on points but the W is not. Additionally only garden villa is bookable on points and there are just 4 of those in the resort.

I'd recommend booking those with cash as guest right now and then adding SPG number & converting booking to points once systems are live. Better act fast as I can see the availability quickly vanishing for any 5-nights period.
It seems that all W properties are not bookable with points :-(

Originally Posted by tylerc
How do you know only one garden villa will be available on points?
I talked with SPG Hotline, for the 60.000 points you will get only a garden villa.

Hmm, the St. Regis doesn't have a Garden Water Suite. What do you mean, the garden villa?

Originally Posted by escape4

Same same me, find availability but can not book, no option at SPG site to book/search for points, and hotline cannot book until now.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
The Garden Villa is honestly not that bad. If you've never had an OWV experience, ok, you need to get that checked off your list. But having stayed in the OWVs, they're (comparatively) more inconvenient, and especially if you're with kids or something, the OWVs are just pure novelty. The Garden Villas, at least at the StR (note, that IC Thalasso / Bora Bora is different: the garden villas there are so bad that they couldn't justify handing them out anymore), are actually rather nice, so I would not hesitate to book them.
NixRox likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.